Lets face it... this game will be a disappointment.

#1Uchiha_HaiPosted 10/3/2013 1:45:45 AM
The hype and build up for this game is too much to live up to... especially when it has taken you so long to develop a game. The longer the develop time = the more people will expect out of it and I think it is safe to say this game will not live up to its tantamount expectations.
#2kupo1705Posted 10/3/2013 1:48:19 AM
It'll be a disappointment to people with unrealistic expectations. All I'm asking for is a good game.
#3TehAssasinPosted 10/3/2013 1:54:48 AM
If it still is a good game, I don't give a **** what others think about it or the history behind the game.
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 10/3/2013 3:28:31 AM
Giving it a little more thought, I don't think my problem is this game in regards to how long it took SE to make it.
I think I'm more afraid about how long the next (new, meaning not sequel) will take to be realized.

This last gen had one mainline FF and a online one. I wouldn't want that happen again this gen.

But eh, as for the game itself, I think that just wanting it to be good (not necessarily awesome...just good) is the bare minimum I'd want.
---
Playing: KH2: FM, GTAV, any DQ game I feel like
#5rapius002Posted 10/3/2013 6:39:51 AM
As long as I enjoy it, it will live up to my expectations and I don't care about anyone else's. Do I want it to succeed so we can get more games like it? Yeah. Do I want them to sacrifice making it a good game for all of you instead of good for me? Call me selfish, but I want to enjoy this game and don't care if others do or not.
#6rapius002Posted 10/3/2013 6:51:59 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Giving it a little more thought, I don't think my problem is this game in regards to how long it took SE to make it.
I think I'm more afraid about how long the next (new, meaning not sequel) will take to be realized.

This last gen had one mainline FF and a online one. I wouldn't want that happen again this gen.

But eh, as for the game itself, I think that just wanting it to be good (not necessarily awesome...just good) is the bare minimum I'd want.

Yeah, last gen was the first time we didn't receive 3 mainline entries. NES had 1-3, SNES had 4-6, PS1 had 7-9, PS2 had 10-12, PS3 had 13 and 14. First system to only have 2. Granted we have 2 sequels to one and a complete rebuild of the other this gen, but still, I feel cheated.
#7Asd202Posted 10/3/2013 9:29:58 AM
kupo1705 posted...
It'll be a disappointment to people with unrealistic expectations. All I'm asking for is a good game.

This game is not out and I'm already disappointed in it lol.
#8IFeeLNoReMoRSePosted 10/3/2013 9:30:37 AM
Final Fantasy should've stopped at X-2
---
i Solicit Nothing But the Afflictive & Arduous Cessation of Humanity. i Am ParaMount To The Populace But Subsidiary To the Masses.
iTz Miggeh
#9Uchiha_Hai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:48:51 AM
rapius002 posted...
As long as I enjoy it, it will live up to my expectations and I don't care about anyone else's. Do I want it to succeed so we can get more games like it? Yeah. Do I want them to sacrifice making it a good game for all of you instead of good for me? Call me selfish, but I want to enjoy this game and don't care if others do or not.

So in other words, any game that you enjoy will live up to your expectations? Hence, you have no expectations.
#10Eddie___DeanPosted 10/3/2013 9:50:04 AM
This game would pretty much have to cure my IBD in order to live up to expectations. Square should not have announced this game in 2006 if they had no intentions of starting production until 2010/2011.