POLL: Best Final Fantasy director?

#11TruthPosted 10/8/2013 5:35:19 PM
Who do you think is the best at directing numbered FF games? - Results (107 votes)
Hironobu Sakaguchi (FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV)
21.5% (23 votes)
Yoshinori Kitase (FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII)
37.38% (40 votes)
Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII)
30.84% (33 votes)
Motomu Toriyama (FFX, FFX-2, FFXII:RW, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, LR:FFXIII)
2.8% (3 votes)
Takayoshi Nakazato (DoC:FFVII)
0.93% (1 votes)
Hajime Tabata (BC:FFVII, CC:FFVII, Type-0)
4.67% (5 votes)
Nobuaki Komoto (FFXI, FFXIV)
0% (0 votes)
Naoki Yoshida (FFXIV:ARR)
1.87% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Seeing as the current poll made by W_Mark_Felt_Sr has inaccurate options, I've made the same poll again with the correct ones. I was initially going to type a post in his thread complaining about his poll options, but then I just said f*** it and decided to make my own version of the poll with the correct ones.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#2ThamauturgePosted 10/8/2013 6:04:51 PM
Another poll and still no Yasumi Matsuno. *facepalm*
---
There must be strong, unwavering justice. And there must be fear to enforce that justice -Romeo Guildenstern, Vagrant Story
PSN: Thamauturge
#31Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 6:10:58 PM
Thamauturge posted...

He's never directed a numbered FF. There's a valid reason why he's not a poll option.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#4Bonesy777Posted 10/8/2013 6:24:15 PM
I never knew that Toriyama did FFXII:RW. I guess I just always assumed that Ito did it considering he did FFXII.
#5ThamauturgePosted 10/8/2013 6:35:07 PM
1Truth posted...
Thamauturge posted...

He's never directed a numbered FF. There's a valid reason why he's not a poll option.

Except both topics are labelled as "Best Final Fantasy Director" and not "Best Main Series Final Fantasy Director"

And you of all people should know that he directed part of FFXII.
---
There must be strong, unwavering justice. And there must be fear to enforce that justice -Romeo Guildenstern, Vagrant Story
PSN: Thamauturge
#61Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 7:00:44 PM
Bonesy777 posted...
I never knew that Toriyama did FFXII:RW. I guess I just always assumed that Ito did it considering he did FFXII.

Hiroyuki Ito didn't even get a "Special Thanks" credit for FFXII:RW. That should tell you that he really did have zero involvement in the game. I'm sure he would've have made the game for PS2 like FFX-2, too.

Thamauturge posted...
1Truth posted...
Thamauturge posted...

Except both topics are labelled as "Best Final Fantasy Director" and not "Best Main Series Final Fantasy Director"

And you of all people should know that he directed part of FFXII.

My poll clearly says the following above the poll options: "Who do you think is the best at directing numbered FF games?"

Also, I'm well aware that Matsuno produced and directed around 70% of FFXII, but the fact remains that he never stayed in those roles (or even on the project) until the game's completion. He was replaced by others before the game was finished. Therefore, it's not right giving him a directorial credit for the game, just like the actual FFXII credits don't. The only FF he's directed is FFT and that's not a numbered FF.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
#7TriangleHardPosted 10/8/2013 8:37:20 PM
Where's Matsuno on the list?
#8PainsPerceptionPosted 10/8/2013 8:47:18 PM
**** Ito
---
but the only way to really learn is to get your ass beat a bunch. Such is Tekken, such is life. - Triguns Vash
Official SARDINE of ALL FF boards
#9OmecronBlazorPosted 10/8/2013 8:52:41 PM
PainsPerception posted...
**** Ito

---
The Official Chauffeur of the Final Fantasy XV Board
'With Playstation 4, we are building memories. With Xbawks, we are building an illusion.' - embrandedone
#10GuitaristMattPosted 10/8/2013 8:53:48 PM
OmecronBlazor posted...
PainsPerception posted...
**** Ito

---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY