POLL: Best Final Fantasy director?

#611Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 11:46:00 PM
zane0144 posted...
VI, IX AND XII? Sold. Heck, if he did V then he'd be my favorite director in all of Square Enix

Hiroyuki Ito directed FFVI, FFIX, and FFXII. He was also the Game Designer of both FFV and FFT. Really, he's the most talented game developer at SQEX by far. What he lacks in story depth, he makes up for in gameplay depth.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#62Bonesy777Posted 10/10/2013 4:19:30 AM
Was Ito responsible for the plot in IX as well or was he just in charge of the gameplay?

I agree that what he lacks in story depth he more than makes up for in gameplay. That would suggest, however, that any games he works on would be need two directors. One for plot/event planner and one for gameplay; which is perfectly fine by me.
#63DragoonGriffithPosted 10/10/2013 4:28:28 AM
I like FFIX's and FFXII's stories better than FFVII's (FFIX more than it anyway) and FFVIII's, so even in story I think the game's Ito directed were good.
---
"Freedom of expression is not freedom from criticism.
Someone has the right to make you think about what you've made."
#64donkeyjackPosted 10/10/2013 4:34:45 AM
Ito is nice despite how boring FF12's story was.

The gameplay is still solid.
---
If GTA5 isn't in your top 5, KYS.
#65XenilPosted 10/10/2013 5:13:26 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
I like FFIX's and FFXII's stories better than FFVII's (FFIX more than it anyway) and FFVIII's, so even in story I think the game's Ito directed were good.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/6iWLxCrCWJ572/giphy.gif
#66DragoonGriffithPosted 10/10/2013 5:21:21 AM
Xenil posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...

http://media2.giphy.com/media/6iWLxCrCWJ572/giphy.gif

I know you can act mature when you want to.
I even typed my sentence in a way that can't be seen as anything other than just my preference.
---
"Freedom of expression is not freedom from criticism.
Someone has the right to make you think about what you've made."
#671Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 5:38:30 AM
Bonesy777 posted...
Was Ito responsible for the plot in IX as well or was he just in charge of the gameplay?

I agree that what he lacks in story depth he more than makes up for in gameplay. That would suggest, however, that any games he works on would be need two directors. One for plot/event planner and one for gameplay; which is perfectly fine by me.

The script for FFIX was written by Sakaguchi. However, Ito heavily edited parts of it to his liking as development went on. For example, it's Hiroyuki Ito that made Zidane flirtatious and put in all his perv scenes. The event scene where Zidane touches Garnet's ass is by Ito, so is the scene where he starts flirting with the woman in the bar at Lindlum where he meets Freya.

Also, I have high hopes that if Hiroyuki Ito directs FFXVI, he'll get the script to be written by Yasumi Matsuno.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#68PainsPerceptionPosted 10/10/2013 1:51:34 PM
PainsPerception posted...
one rude and foul outburst from you and they'll match your IP to your previous accounts and you're ass is gone... again...

I'm not going to put salt on the wound
but I came home from work to a PM from Lea and couldn't reply for some reason...
I check his profile

User Name Lea_Monde
User ID 6825358
Board User Level -2: Banned
User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations.

So
the FFXV board officially has a prophet.... ME!

Ask me anything about FFXV and any FF director (besides Ito because he's a sham without the "wow")!
---
but the only way to really learn is to get your ass beat a bunch. Such is Tekken, such is life. - Triguns Vash
Official SARDINE of ALL FF boards
#69marko7Posted 10/10/2013 6:11:03 PM
I love 1Truth topics.

They're so full of dramaaaaaaa

*jazz hands*
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2013
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#701Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 3:09:54 PM
Bumping for more votes.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory