Likelihood of FF15 being on 2 or more discs?

#1Gogandantess_XVPosted 10/20/2013 9:57:06 AM
FF always stood out because many of its games were on 2 or more discs, it gave the sensation of "more content for your money/more bang for your buck," which was true. Blu-rays have a high storage capacity, but it's not unfeasible to produce a game, especially now that FFXV is gonna release on PS4, which is 1 double-sided/2 blu-rays.

3 is pushing it and if any game developer ever produces a Blu-ray game with 3 discs worth of content, I'd buy it simply based on principle to support the dev's hard work. Some of you who are still relying on mommy's credit card might think that such a purchase would be silly, but that just means you don't understand the importance of voting with your wallet.
---
My name is GOGANDANTESS...the Greatest Swordsman of all Demons!
#2NoctionusPosted 10/20/2013 10:03:53 AM
Well technically only 3 games: FFVII-FFIX (excluding FFXIII on 360).
---
http://i.imgur.com/CxdWY.gif
#3HustleBonesPosted 10/20/2013 10:10:03 AM
Download only.
#4kupo1705Posted 10/20/2013 10:20:33 AM
PS1 FFs came on multiple discs because of the FMVs.
#5Gogandantess_XV(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 10:30:11 AM
Noctionus posted...
Well technically only 3 games: FFVII-FFIX (excluding FFXIII on 360).

And Anthology, although that's 2 games technically.
---
My name is GOGANDANTESS...the Greatest Swordsman of all Demons!
#6theofficefan99Posted 10/20/2013 2:07:24 PM
I think this might be a 2-disc game. That would be insanely cool.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#7XyexPosted 10/20/2013 7:22:53 PM
kupo1705 posted...
PS1 FFs came on multiple discs because of the FMVs.

Yup. If you replaced all of the FMVs in any of the PS1 FF games with in-game cutscenes they'd have fit snuggly on a single disc. Or a single N64 game pak, for that matter. Most of the data on the FF game discs was uncompressed, or barely compressed, video or music files. They took so many discs because they were full of bloated data, not because they had a lot of content.
---
DESTROY IT ALL
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ck_rjyRNIY
#8The-SiskoPosted 10/20/2013 7:26:33 PM
1.) No FF since PS2 have been on multiple discs with the exception of XIII on Xbox.
2.) Since this is next gen, XBONE nor PS4 should have multiple discs. Unless the game is longer than anything we have had up till now.
---
"You cannot destory the light, for it is too extreme."
I awaits the Return of The-Lightning + the second coming of The-Aqua (KHBBSFM- KH2.5!)
#9Lelouch71Posted 10/20/2013 7:26:58 PM
Slim to none.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#10theofficefan99Posted 10/20/2013 7:30:31 PM
The-Sisko posted...
1.) No FF since PS2 have been on multiple discs with the exception of XIII on Xbox.
2.) Since this is next gen, XBONE nor PS4 should have multiple discs. Unless the game is longer than anything we have had up till now.

Well I dunno. IIRC the GB capacity for XBONE and PS4 have barely increased from the current gen and FFXIII was already 40 GB. This'll obviously be a game that'll take up much more space. They might resort to compression, but after FFXII and the awful sound compression, I hope they don't.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin