Likelihood of FF15 being on 2 or more discs?

#11DrakoVongola1Posted 10/20/2013 7:34:21 PM
I really really doubt they'll need more than one disk.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#12The-SiskoPosted 10/20/2013 7:38:49 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
The-Sisko posted...
1.) No FF since PS2 have been on multiple discs with the exception of XIII on Xbox.
2.) Since this is next gen, XBONE nor PS4 should have multiple discs. Unless the game is longer than anything we have had up till now.

Well I dunno. IIRC the GB capacity for XBONE and PS4 have barely increased from the current gen and FFXIII was already 40 GB. This'll obviously be a game that'll take up much more space. They might resort to compression, but after FFXII and the awful sound compression, I hope they don't.

Sound compression? Also that was for PS2 so it kinda odd for it to be any sign of future FF 2 gens ahead. I'm assuming that FFXV will barely scratch the PS4 true power.

Is this because you want XV to have much more content then many game or based on actual facts?
---
"You cannot destory the light, for it is too extreme."
I awaits the Return of The-Lightning + the second coming of The-Aqua (KHBBSFM- KH2.5!)
#13ShinGundamPosted 10/20/2013 7:48:20 PM
I doubt it. As far as we know content is as is it but they are re-engineering the engine.
#14theofficefan99Posted 10/20/2013 9:51:10 PM
The-Sisko posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
The-Sisko posted...
1.) No FF since PS2 have been on multiple discs with the exception of XIII on Xbox.
2.) Since this is next gen, XBONE nor PS4 should have multiple discs. Unless the game is longer than anything we have had up till now.

Well I dunno. IIRC the GB capacity for XBONE and PS4 have barely increased from the current gen and FFXIII was already 40 GB. This'll obviously be a game that'll take up much more space. They might resort to compression, but after FFXII and the awful sound compression, I hope they don't.

Sound compression? Also that was for PS2 so it kinda odd for it to be any sign of future FF 2 gens ahead. I'm assuming that FFXV will barely scratch the PS4 true power.

Is this because you want XV to have much more content then many game or based on actual facts?

FFXII had compressed voices and whatnot that made everyone sound like they were speaking through a tin can. The music was affected as well IIRC.

Content doesn't take up space. Sound/voices along with pre-rendered footage are what really takes up a lot of space.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#15XyexPosted 10/20/2013 10:12:03 PM
The-Sisko posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
The-Sisko posted...

The audio in FF12 was pretty heavily compressed in order to make it fit. It's far more noticible for certain characters, or certain lines, than it is elsewhere. Nearly all of Vaan's dialogue suffers from compression artifacting that made him sound like he was talking through an old telephone, for instance.
---
DESTROY IT ALL
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ck_rjyRNIY
#16The-SiskoPosted 10/20/2013 10:17:12 PM
Well that would explain why my volume was a little high for this game but how exactly do you notice something like that o.o
---
I awaits the Return of The-Lightning + the second coming of The-Aqua (KHBBSFM- KH2.5!)
#17XyexPosted 10/20/2013 10:30:19 PM
I'm not really sure how people don't notice it, to be honest. Especially in certain places, where it's so bad it completely takes me out of the moment. I'd post examples, but YT works like crap on here and the videos are refusing to load.
---
DESTROY IT ALL
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ck_rjyRNIY
#18The-SiskoPosted 10/20/2013 10:33:27 PM
Xyex posted...
I'm not really sure how people don't notice it, to be honest. Especially in certain places, where it's so bad it completely takes me out of the moment. I'd post examples, but YT works like crap on here and the videos are refusing to load.

I probably did notice it but simply ignored it. Not hard to do when you're enjoying it.
---
#19GuitaristMattPosted 10/20/2013 11:10:45 PM
50GB Killzone says maybe.
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY
#20theofficefan99Posted 10/21/2013 1:06:25 AM
GuitaristMatt posted...
50GB Killzone says maybe.

Yeah if Shadow Fall is 50 GB I have no doubt in my mind that FFXV will take up more space than that, especially with all that pre-rendered footage this game will have.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin