Should we be able to customize our weapons?

#1PainsPerceptionPosted 10/20/2013 2:41:47 PM
Should we be able to customize our weapons? - Results (17 votes)
YES- completely! Blade, hilt, pommel, cross-guard, etc. don't forget about Prompto's guns!
41.18% (7 votes)
Yeah but to an extent. Nothing too complex.
35.29% (6 votes)
I don't know, doesn't seem important
17.65% (3 votes)
Not really, I'd rather just equip new weapons as I get them
0% (0 votes)
NO!!!! LAMEST AND DUMEST IDEA EVER!
5.88% (1 votes)
Hiroyuki Ito is going to direct FFXVI!
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just a quick little poll...

Personally, I hope we get to customize our weapons to an extent.
I love picking up new weapons, but it would be cool is certain weapons were upgradable.

Ex: Everyone's initial weapons are customizable and are required for their ultimate weapons. While other weapons you pick up in shops and chests aren't customizable.

Maybe boss drop weapons can be customizable too.

Imagine... being able to add a "crystal" of some sort to your blade to change it's elemental properties... or give buffs like higher critical hit chance and maybe 5-10% more damage per hit?

for Prompto's guns.... 1 barrel or 3!!! You can customize the amount of ammo he can carry and even the properties of his ammo.

Would be really sweet if thought out well...
---
but the only way to really learn is to get your ass beat a bunch. Such is Tekken, such is life. - Triguns Vash
Official SARDINE of ALL FF boards
#2kaysa13Posted 10/20/2013 2:45:18 PM
Highly cosmetic. It would be awesome and cool, but highly cosmetic.
---
This is a signature.
#3rikkuster26Posted 10/20/2013 2:45:34 PM
I picked to an extent because I wouldn't want to have to try to find all the necessary pieces to make a complete piece of equipment. HOWEVER, it could be fun to change certain parts to get different effects.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time comes to mind because you can modify this one part on a few of your guns to change the effects of your ammo, like zapping multiple enemies or having a bomb burst into a bunch of smaller ones.
---
The Official Prompto and Bazooka Lance of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board!
"Ho ho ho, I arrive!" - Quina, FFIX
#4RiskBreaker__Posted 10/20/2013 2:54:47 PM
To an extent. And about your "crystal" giving certain buffs ; i'd love to see some Materia-like system designed for weapon upgrading.

It's simple but it can be deep and strategic when there are enough useful Materia to use.
---
Gods... Is he even human? He fights with the strength of a brigade...Are Riskbreakers all this powerful?
Mr. Yura, Miss Enoki. Dont fail me!
#5FFT-FanPosted 10/20/2013 4:01:12 PM
PainsPerception posted...

I love picking up new weapons, but it would be cool is certain weapons were upgradable.

Ex: Everyone's initial weapons are customizable and are required for their ultimate weapons. While other weapons you pick up in shops and chests aren't customizable.

Imagine... being able to add a "crystal" of some sort to your blade to change it's elemental properties... or give buffs like higher critical hit chance and maybe 5-10% more damage per hit?

for Prompto's guns.... 1 barrel or 3!!! You can customize the amount of ammo he can carry and even the properties of his ammo.

Perfect way to do it, a casual player on easy can simply buy gear from shops and never know about it care, while a more serious player on critical mode can take advantage of it. Also I like the last option
#6Gogandantess_XVPosted 10/20/2013 4:30:48 PM

tl;dr: PLEASE MAKE FF15 INTO AN MMORPG
---
My name is GOGANDANTESS...the Greatest Swordsman of all Demons!
#7PainsPerception(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 4:36:57 PM
Aw damn, i accidentally closed the poll.

son of a shoopuf... sorry

Doesn't mean the discussion itself has to end :)
---
but the only way to really learn is to get your ass beat a bunch. Such is Tekken, such is life. - Triguns Vash
#8PainsPerception(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 4:40:46 PM
FFT-Fan posted...

Perfect way to do it, a casual player on easy can simply buy gear from shops and never know about it care, while a more serious player on critical mode can take advantage of it. Also I like the last option

That was pretty much what I was thinking too.
If you want to use it for the story; it's there to play with.
If you want to fight some optional bosses or play the game on a harder difficulty; you must do it.
---
#9rikkuster26Posted 10/20/2013 5:20:23 PM
Gogandantess_XV posted...

lol wow... not exactly someone exclusive to MMORPGs but I won't question your "logic".
---
The Official Prompto and Bazooka Lance of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board!
"Ho ho ho, I arrive!" - Quina, FFIX
#10PainsPerception(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 5:24:43 PM
Gogandantess_XV posted...

shoo
this topic is for those with an attention span
---