Should we be able to customize our weapons?

#11Uchiha_HaiPosted 10/20/2013 6:46:56 PM
You couldn't in KH so I doubt we'll get it here.
#12ShinGundamPosted 10/20/2013 7:45:47 PM
Why not? I am fine as long as it doesn't end up with loot and farming for junk.
#13IcyFlamez96Posted 10/20/2013 7:53:49 PM
rikkuster26 posted...
I picked to an extent because I wouldn't want to have to try to find all the necessary pieces to make a complete piece of equipment. HOWEVER, it could be fun to change certain parts to get different effects.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time comes to mind because you can modify this one part on a few of your guns to change the effects of your ammo, like zapping multiple enemies or having a bomb burst into a bunch of smaller ones.

omg you mentioned ratchet and clank thanks for making my day
---
Your life, your choice. 60 seconds.
#14The_Undying_84Posted 10/20/2013 11:47:09 PM
If you mean in a game play fashion, no. My three least favorite weapon systems in FF are VIII's, XIII's, and X's, the only three which are customizable or upgrade based in any way.

If you just mean aesthetically, I couldn't care less. I'll lean towards no just because it would be a waste of time to implement IMO.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#15TehAssasinPosted 10/21/2013 12:46:32 AM
I still feel something like the Materia system could work very, very well with real-time combat system. It really makes for an accessible way to customize your party strengths and purposes, but could also be fairly intricate in terms of finding out the most effective/interesting/bizarre ways to own your enemies.

Consider things like AOE, Casting Time, +Spell Range, +Spell DoT, Spell Cost, Movement speed, Critical Bonus, Counter, Counter-magic, Additional Status Effects, Double-Attack possibility, Steal as well, Further Attack Range, Knockdown bonus, Stun bonus, and so on.
#16marko7Posted 10/21/2013 2:03:41 AM
They should have tons of options for weapon/armour customising. Personally I'd love for there to be options to customise the way your party looks as well.

And how about some car customising too? Airship as well! And Chocobo armour! FAT CHOCOBO BACON ARMOUR. :O
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2013
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#17rapius002Posted 10/21/2013 8:13:04 AM
All of these customization ideas are fantastic. But, unless they bring in every Square-Enix team they have to help this one game, it would take like 10 years to put in all the customization options we are throwing out there (weapons, armor, character looks, vehicles, etc.), especially with having to actually make side quests and optional bosses and hidden locations to gain and find/obtain all the rare equipment. It's great ideas guys and gals, but it's taken them 8 years to make this game pretty much just playable... To add in all that amount of content would just postpone this game by several years more.
#18The-SiskoPosted 10/21/2013 8:40:08 AM
TehAssasin posted...
I still feel something like the Materia system could work very, very well with real-time combat system. It really makes for an accessible way to customize your party strengths and purposes, but could also be fairly intricate in terms of finding out the most effective/interesting/bizarre ways to own your enemies.

So something a little better than DoC right?
---
"You cannot destory the light, for it is too extreme."
I awaits the Return of The-Lightning + the second coming of The-Aqua (KHBBSFM- KH2.5!)
#19TehAssasinPosted 10/21/2013 8:49:42 AM
The-Sisko posted...
TehAssasin posted...

Honestly I couldn't recall how DoC uses the Materia system, but I have zero fond memories about it. I'm trying to erase its existence off my mind. Go me.
#20TiaelPosted 10/21/2013 8:50:31 AM
TehAssasin posted...
The-Sisko posted...
TehAssasin posted...

Honestly I couldn't recall how DoC uses the Materia system, but I have zero fond memories about it. I'm trying to erase its existence off my mind. Go me.

Gogo Gadget TehAssasin.

Anyways, yes to the TC, I wouldn't mind some weapon customization.
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3052701/
Trails in the Sky SC - http://i.imgur.com/qT369Jv.gif