Toriyama: "The development team for mainline FF is different every time."

#11TruthPosted 10/28/2013 8:14:18 PM
This is an important statement that many missed. It was revealed in the recent news by OXM that Square Enix had "discussed" letting Eidos work on Final Fantasy.

The full quote from Motomu Toriyama (Director: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII RW, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, LR FFXII):
"The whole thing about the Final Fantasy series is that for every iteration, for every game we do, we have a very different game. So the development team is also different every time, so that there's different ideas and different concepts driving it.

Source: http://www.oxm.co.uk/65029/square-enix-has-discussed-letting-eidos-work-on-final-fantasy-could-be-very-interesting/

This is very interesting quote, as it means that the Kitase/Toriyama team are not set in stone as the de facto development team for FF. We know that Yoshi-P is leading a team on FFXIV, and Nomura is leading a team on FFXV. However, both these teams are also not the main development team for FF. One is dedicated solely to the future expansions and continued maintenance of FFXIV ARR, while the other is dedicated solely to FFXV and its forthcoming sequels and spin-offs.

Therefore, what team and director is left to make a very different game from FFXIII, FFXIV, and FFXV? Which experienced FF director is not working on either LR FFXIII, FFXIV ARR, or FFXV, and therefore free enough to lead development of a big AAA project like FFXVI? The answer is Hiroyuki Ito.

Seeing as FFXIII started pre-production in 2004, and FFXIV and FFXV both started pre-production in 2005, FFXVI has definitely started pre-production by now. We found out in July 2013 via Shinji Hashimoto (Final Fantasy Brand Director) that Hiroyuki Ito has been planning and proposing ideas for a new project at the moment. Hashimoto added that Ito is going very in-depth with the creation of unique gameplay systems and mechanics. This project is very likely FFXVI.

Added to this, you have the following corroborated evidence:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67503264

Honestly, it all adds up. Hiroyuki Ito is very likely leading pre-production of FFXVI.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#2The-SiskoPosted 10/28/2013 8:19:38 PM
Well that explain why FF13 and LR are somehow vastly different...
---
FFXV board is at war. LR board is just a troll-derailing topics fest. KH boards be like "This happens. No this happened. Nah this happened!"
#31Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 8:28:10 PM
The-Sisko posted...
Well that explain why FF13 and LR are somehow vastly different...

They're made by the exact same development team. If anything, it explains why they're so similar in graphics and battle system. Also, the OP is regarding mainline FF. Each mainline FF is very different and purposely made by a different team.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#4RiskBreaker__Posted 10/28/2013 11:22:01 PM
An open letter @1Truth

Dear 1Truth,

I like you. No, seriously , i really do. We both share common wishes for the future of FF. We both recognise the talent of Hiroyuki Ito, and we both hope he'll be the one directing FFXVI. You are my ally in the war against Ivalice haters and i have often defended you from pathetic trolls who bash you for no reason at all. I'd always admired your serenity when this happened and how you kept your emotions under control and kept providing arguments in a civilised manner without ever resorting to insulting the ones trolling you.

But it's stupid a** s*** like this :http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/459841-final-fantasy-xii/67633400

the reason people around here wont take you seriously anymore and call you, ironically , the troll.

It's claiming you're writing things like that essay but in the end were just lying and fooling everyone that makes you lose crediblity. It's things like your UK Master rumour that you kept posting everywere that makes the others troll you. And you bring this upon yourself. You've had that sig for a long time now. People laughed, other were interested. But now , nobody will take you serious on this board or any FF board. I can't understand why you like to provoke such hate by acting this way and never will understand either.

I say this in your best interest ; Those Hiroyuki Ito topics, leave them for the PS4 board. Not a single person here will take those serious anymore.

Dont get me wrong either, i support the idea of Ito directing FFXVI. In my opinion, FFXII, FIX and FFVI are amongst the best the series has to offer. I also love the Job System in FFV wich Ito created and he redefined the battle system in the SRPG genre in FF Tactics.

Hiroyuki Ito, Yasumi Matsuno, Akihiko Yoshida, Hitoshi Sakimoto and others. Those are people who have given me the Ivalice games wich have mesmerised me as a child, starting with Tactics, wich i adore and made me so emotionally invested i cried, multiple times the first time i played it. (WotL is superior in every way but whatever).

Then Vagrant Story, wich till this day stands as a work of art and a game that defines me and taught me emotions i didn't knew i could feel when i was playing a game. (Ito wasn't involved , but its still an Ivalice game)

And then FFXII, wich proved to me why i love Final Fantasy and rekindled my love for this awesome series , the love that was gone after FFX and the sequel to it.

But 1Truth, you have conceived the opposite of your goals. Instead of trying to get people understand why Hiroyuki Ito is so talented, you have made him a laughing stock at this board.

And i will not tolerate that any longer.

You will stop with those topics immediately or bring them to the PS4 board, but dont make Hiroyuki Ito the laughing stock on this board , you should feel ashamed, im sorry to tell you that.

But always remember 1Truth, i dont hate you, and i still respect you. Here is a quote from FF Tactics WotL;

Though our methods be different, our goals are not. As long as they remain so, you are no enemy of mine.

This letter is just some good advice i give to you 1Truth, as a fellow Hiroyuki Ito fan.

Goodbye
---
Gods... Is he even human? He fights with the strength of a brigade...Are Riskbreakers all this powerful?
Mr. Yura, Miss Enoki. Dont fail me!
#5TehAssasinPosted 10/28/2013 11:28:58 PM
Zodiac Brave Theory cancelled!?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

http://abload.de/img/frnxxym.gif.pagespeedxvjnf.gif
#6Valcrist_Mk2Posted 10/28/2013 11:48:03 PM
RiskBreaker__ posted...
An open letter @1Truth

Dear 1Truth,

I like you. No, seriously , i really do. We both share common wishes for the future of FF. We both recognise the talent of Hiroyuki Ito, and we both hope he'll be the one directing FFXVI. You are my ally in the war against Ivalice haters and i have often defended you from pathetic trolls who bash you for no reason at all. I'd always admired your serenity when this happened and how you kept your emotions under control and kept providing arguments in a civilised manner without ever resorting to insulting the ones trolling you.

But it's stupid a** s*** like this :http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/459841-final-fantasy-xii/67633400

the reason people around here wont take you seriously anymore and call you, ironically , the troll.

It's claiming you're writing things like that essay but in the end were just lying and fooling everyone that makes you lose crediblity. It's things like your UK Master rumour that you kept posting everywere that makes the others troll you. And you bring this upon yourself. You've had that sig for a long time now. People laughed, other were interested. But now , nobody will take you serious on this board or any FF board. I can't understand why you like to provoke such hate by acting this way and never will understand either.

I say this in your best interest ; Those Hiroyuki Ito topics, leave them for the PS4 board. Not a single person here will take those serious anymore.

Dont get me wrong either, i support the idea of Ito directing FFXVI. In my opinion, FFXII, FIX and FFVI are amongst the best the series has to offer. I also love the Job System in FFV wich Ito created and he redefined the battle system in the SRPG genre in FF Tactics.

Hiroyuki Ito, Yasumi Matsuno, Akihiko Yoshida, Hitoshi Sakimoto and others. Those are people who have given me the Ivalice games wich have mesmerised me as a child, starting with Tactics, wich i adore and made me so emotionally invested i cried, multiple times the first time i played it. (WotL is superior in every way but whatever).

Then Vagrant Story, wich till this day stands as a work of art and a game that defines me and taught me emotions i didn't knew i could feel when i was playing a game. (Ito wasn't involved , but its still an Ivalice game)

And then FFXII, wich proved to me why i love Final Fantasy and rekindled my love for this awesome series , the love that was gone after FFX and the sequel to it.

But 1Truth, you have conceived the opposite of your goals. Instead of trying to get people understand why Hiroyuki Ito is so talented, you have made him a laughing stock at this board.

And i will not tolerate that any longer.

You will stop with those topics immediately or bring them to the PS4 board, but dont make Hiroyuki Ito the laughing stock on this board , you should feel ashamed, im sorry to tell you that.

But always remember 1Truth, i dont hate you, and i still respect you. Here is a quote from FF Tactics WotL;

Though our methods be different, our goals are not. As long as they remain so, you are no enemy of mine.

This letter is just some good advice i give to you 1Truth, as a fellow Hiroyuki Ito fan.

Goodbye

Maaaan, so much time wasted writing it.

Just wait for the announcement of XVI. It will be just like with XV, Ito won't be anywhere near it and Galv will start making stupid excuses that he alread knew.
---
http://backloggery.com/valcrist
Anticipating: Monster Hunter 4/
#7zombie_basher13Posted 10/29/2013 1:33:03 AM
Here we go again with 1Truth grabbing hold of any possible tiny evidence to support his theories of Itou working on the next main FF. And when Itou isn't involved with XVI, 1Truth will then become absolutely 100% certain no room for doubt he will spearhead XVII. Man, you are OBSESSED.
---
It's obnoxious when gameFAQers rank the Final Fantasy games in their sigs. Like, I don't care.
#8XenilPosted 10/29/2013 5:01:45 AM
Ito is not a go-to director and never has been, the only way he'll have a part of a mainline FF is if he is working with Toriyama or Kitase. All Toriyama has confirmed is that he's most likely going to be working on XVI (the direction of which will be dictated by LR's response), once LR is done it's his gig.

Also, sorry Ivalice fanboys but you're never gonna get another XII or mainline Ivalice game, better give it up now because as Toriyama has said the development team for each mainline FF is different. At least this means we don't have to put up with the dreaded XII team again!
#9W_Mark_Felt_SrPosted 10/29/2013 5:53:01 AM
There is no FFXII team. It had been disbanded and merged into other teams years ago. SE doesn't even work with separated Product Development Divisions anymore. Rather, the teams are assembled on a project basis. The FFXVI team will include people from various games and parts of the company, just like the FFXIII team isn't exactly the FFX team and the FFXIV team isn't the FFXI team.
---
http://en.wikipedia.org?search=%22Ultimania+development%22&ns1=1
^Almost all FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info.
#10DragoonGriffithPosted 10/29/2013 5:55:43 AM
Xenil posted...
Ito is not a go-to director and never has been, the only way he'll have a part of a mainline FF is if he is working with Toriyama or Kitase. All Toriyama has confirmed is that he's most likely going to be working on XVI (the direction of which will be dictated by LR's response), once LR is done it's his gig.

Also, sorry Ivalice fanboys but you're never gonna get another XII or mainline Ivalice game, better give it up now because as Toriyama has said the development team for each mainline FF is different. At least this means we don't have to put up with the dreaded XII team again!

Ito might not be directing the next FF, but how does that make Toriyama the most likely for directing the next one?

Also, does SE want to go to ruin if they'd seriously consider it letting him direct another mainline so soon?
---
"Freedom of expression is not freedom from criticism.
Someone has the right to make you think about what you've made."