Do you think this game will top 10 and 12?

#1DragoonGriffithPosted 10/31/2013 12:32:31 PM
Let's pretend for a little while that FFXIII and its sequels don't exist, and just try to compare this to next "newer" mainline FFs that are not MMOs.

"Too early to tell. I don't know" bla bla bla, just say what you think according to the information we have and trailer (though it might be misleading since it's SE).

And yes, I'm bored, thanks for asking.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII > IX = IV > III > I > II
FF: FFVI > the rest I can't rank without going into tiers
#2Valcrist_Mk2Posted 10/31/2013 12:43:18 PM
No, I don't think it will surpass X.

XII is another story.
---
http://backloggery.com/valcrist
Anticipating: Monster Hunter 4/
#3theofficefan99Posted 10/31/2013 12:49:33 PM(edited)
It's very easy for a game to top FFXII in my books.

I love FFX but I think it'll surpass it in every single category (gameplay, content, exploration, characters, story, dialogue, difficulty, replay value, visuals (obviously), music, voice acting, etc.).
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4DemonPathRevyaPosted 10/31/2013 12:50:19 PM
Depends. Both X and XII have aspects that they succeed and fail at. If XV covers all grounds perfectly then, objectively, yes. But will it be my favorite? I Doubt it. On another note, it doesn't take much to make a Final Fantasy that I can like more than X so I say, with all confidence, this game will probably be another.
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
#5DragoonGriffith(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 12:59:31 PM
DemonPathRevya posted...
Both X and XII have aspects that they succeed and fail at.

I'm slowly starting to like the two games the best in the series (aside from my nostalgia goggles for FFVI and maybe FFVII).

Put the best elements from both games together, and I think you'd have the ultimate FF or even JRPG for that matter.

Tight, well paced story with every character being relevant, a emotional and catchy OST

+ (meets)

exploration, real time battles, not overly dramatic voice acting performances and so on.
---
#6DemonPathRevyaPosted 10/31/2013 1:05:42 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...

I'm slowly starting to like the two games the best in the series (aside from my nostalgia goggles for FFVI and maybe FFVII).

Put the best elements from both games together, and I think you'd have the ultimate FF or even JRPG for that matter.

Tight, well paced story with every character being relevant, a emotional and catchy OST

+ (meets)

exploration, real time battles, not overly dramatic voice acting performances and so on.

Based on comments that Nomura has made, I wouldn't be surprised if XV ends up being XII and X's love child.
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
#7Gamegeek123Posted 10/31/2013 1:06:26 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...

+ (meets)

Ha
---
VI > XIII > X > V > III > VIII > I > IV > II > IX > XII > VII
Recruiting for GG's KOTR: Spots Available: 8
#8DragoonGriffith(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 1:15:21 PM(edited)
Gamegeek123 posted...

Ha

I meant FFX with it.
Some people may dislike FFX's cast, but all of them had a part in the story, and that's largely exactly because the story is written in that way.

FFX is just as much story driven, as much as it's also character driven.

DemonPathRevya posted...

Based on comments that Nomura has made, I wouldn't be surprised if XV ends up being XII and X's love child.

That being the exact case why I've long since stopped caring about petty stuff like gender ratio or BS like that.
Well that, and I started playing KH these last few months and I think Nomura will deliver with FFXV.
---
#9AesopRockzPosted 10/31/2013 1:18:37 PM
Meh, I don't feel Kimahri, Lulu (as much as I love her) and Rikku were at all important but yeah I do hope XV is character driven as well.
#10DragoonGriffith(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 1:23:42 PM
AesopRockz posted...
Meh, I don't feel Kimahri, Lulu (as much as I love her) and Rikku were at all important but yeah I do hope XV is character driven as well.

Lulu had a pretty strong character arc that was tied to Wakka's and has character development IMO.
Rikku I can see, but there's that whole deal with the Al-Bhed and Home. And once in a while she can say something pretty insightful ("Memories are nice, but that's all they are" for example).

Kimahri might seem shallow and not really a huge part of it, but his backstory in the Ultimania translations made me feel pretty bad for him.
---