Let's be honest the FF series has it's back against the wall, this is it

#11BignutzisBack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 5:17:17 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Thank goodness I'm in not a so called "hardcore" FF fan then. Because I enjoyed FFX, X-2, XII, Dissidia, Crisis Core, and XIII saga. I highly looking forward to FFXV. Although I don't buy any game blindly anyway. I guess it helps I never hold the FF series on some high pedestal to begin with.

fedora.jpg
---
http://i.imgur.com/plA0Vg9.gif
http://i.minus.com/iluvk8aR4mzC8.gif
#12jastenPosted 11/2/2013 5:20:31 PM
Gamegeek123 posted...
jasten posted...
It might be too late.. I think FF has the stigma of failure attached to it by many fans. When it's been a decade of consistent divisive games with maybe ONE truly accepted title in Crisis Core... yeah, I don't know if Final Fantasy will ever be looked at with reverance like it was back around 1990/1996. The golden age has passed us...

FTFY

Golden age. 2003? What?

LOL

You have no idea what a golden age is bro

Do you mean the Bronze age of 1997-2000?

It's pretty much consensus among the longtime fans that FFX marked the end of the run and X-2 was the first divisive title in that 03 timeframe. Now whether your bad taste wants to just accept that fact is your choice.

See, I can play that game too.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#13megadeesterPosted 11/2/2013 5:35:40 PM
Crises Core was amazing, FF XIII-2 was fun, Dissidia is great, and so is Theatrythm. Though never reaching the states, Type-0 sold well. I think if FF stays on its current pace the series will be fine.
---
Sure
#14The-SiskoPosted 11/2/2013 5:53:48 PM
kupo1705 posted...
If you buy any game without doing some research first you're doing it wrong.

Does looking at the back cover and the box art count? I mean I thought Tidus "looked" real when I first saw him in a gamestop on that one mysterious day. I lol'd that was like the only used game I ever bought and I haven't regretted it.
---
FFXV board is at war. LR board is just a troll-derailing topics fest. KH boards be like "This happens. No this happened. Nah this happened!"
#15PraetorXynPosted 11/2/2013 5:58:12 PM
jasten posted...
Gamegeek123 posted...
jasten posted...
It might be too late.. I think FF has the stigma of failure attached to it by many fans. When it's been a decade of consistent divisive games with maybe ONE truly accepted title in Crisis Core... yeah, I don't know if Final Fantasy will ever be looked at with reverance like it was back around 1990/1996. The golden age has passed us...

FTFY

Golden age. 2003? What?

LOL

It's pretty much consensus among the longtime fans that FFX marked the end of the run and X-2 was the first divisive title in that 03 timeframe. Now whether your bad taste wants to just accept that fact is your choice.

X has a plot that is pretty much directly stolen from Grandia 2 with a biblical allegory thrown in as the main antagonist. That's what it's always praised for.

Blitzball was INSANELY fun. I spent 50 plus hours on that probably. But other than that, it was a very linear game with extremely annoying characters (with the exception of Auron and maybe Kimhari), and mini games that most people despised.

I did all of it, dodged the lightning etc., had all celestial weapons, completed the monster arena and rewrote the sphere grid to max stat everyone including the Aeons. Crafted better weapons than the celestials in most cases.

The game is rated as highly as it is simply because it was graphically phenomenal at the time, same reason FFVII is rated as high as it is for being the first one in 3D. X is more similar to FFXIII than X-2 or any game after it.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#16Gamegeek123Posted 11/2/2013 6:23:32 PM
jasten posted...
Gamegeek123 posted...
jasten posted...

FTFY

Golden age. 2003? What?

LOL

Yeah definitely as if no one complained about FFVIII's junction and devised theories that made more sense than the actual game plot itself and X's linearity and Main character.

And by saying my tastes are bad, you are saying that FFI, III, IV, V, VI are bad games. L0L

Plz. The true gems were the pre-PS1 era and after that **** went down. Plus the fact that you find IX to be a golden age game is simply barbaric.
---
Recruiting for GG's KOTR: Spots Available: 8
#17jastenPosted 11/2/2013 6:28:24 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
jasten posted...
Gamegeek123 posted...
jasten posted...

FTFY

Golden age. 2003? What?

LOL

X has a plot that is pretty much directly stolen from Grandia 2 with a biblical allegory thrown in as the main antagonist. That's what it's always praised for.

Blitzball was INSANELY fun. I spent 50 plus hours on that probably. But other than that, it was a very linear game with extremely annoying characters (with the exception of Auron and maybe Kimhari), and mini games that most people despised.

I did all of it, dodged the lightning etc., had all celestial weapons, completed the monster arena and rewrote the sphere grid to max stat everyone including the Aeons. Crafted better weapons than the celestials in most cases.

The game is rated as highly as it is simply because it was graphically phenomenal at the time, same reason FFVII is rated as high as it is for being the first one in 3D. X is more similar to FFXIII than X-2 or any game after it.

FFX was in development far too long to steal Grandia 2's plot... sorry to break that to you. And it wasn't loved just for it's plot or "shiny visuals", but its characters and music as well. I know it hurts some to admit it, but FFX is routinely viewed as one of the best games of all time by a large segment of gamers, not just FF games. In fact, graphics is fairly low on the list of things praised for either FFVII and FFX. They are beloved for story, characters, music, gameplay far more than any graphical achievement.

Games solely sold and loved because of graphics do not remain popular when they eventually appear dated. It's the rest of hte package that maintains the legacy of Final Fantasy games. Which is why FF is struggling... they seem to be forgetting about the balance between all their aspects.
---
#18jastenPosted 11/2/2013 6:34:01 PM
Gamegeek123 posted...
jasten posted...
Gamegeek123 posted...
jasten posted...

FTFY

Golden age. 2003? What?

LOL

Yeah definitely as if no one complained about FFVIII's junction and devised theories that made more sense than the actual game plot itself and X's linearity and Main character.

And by saying my tastes are bad, you are saying that FFI, III, IV, V, VI are bad games. L0L

Plz. The true gems were the pre-PS1 era and after that **** went down. Plus the fact that you find IX to be a golden age game is simply barbaric.

Considering I said V-X... guess I have to question your reading comprehension as well. And yeah, III and I are downright bad compared to most Final Fantasy games. I gets a pass simply because it is the first and the foundation, so of course it might not have found that sweet spot. III was just.. yeah, don't get how anyone is going to claim that one as better than most FF games. It's mediocre. V and VI I've already included in my golden age despite V usually not being there with most people (again, read my posts next time). And IV... IV is severely overrated. Its a rather pedantic story with contrived moments that just ring hollow in the end.

But we get it... you will rail against the consensus of what is included in the run of games considered the golden age. Go anywhere and ask what that special run of games was for FF and you are going to get either FFVII-FFX or FFVI-FFX. That is just simple fact.
---
#19Gamegeek123Posted 11/2/2013 6:47:15 PM
jasten posted...
Gamegeek123 posted...
jasten posted...
Gamegeek123 posted...
jasten posted...

FTFY

Golden age. 2003? What?

LOL

Considering I said V-X... guess I have to question your reading comprehension as well. And yeah, III and I are downright bad compared to most Final Fantasy games. I gets a pass simply because it is the first and the foundation, so of course it might not have found that sweet spot. III was just.. yeah, don't get how anyone is going to claim that one as better than most FF games. It's mediocre. V and VI I've already included in my golden age despite V usually not being there with most people (again, read my posts next time). And IV... IV is severely overrated. Its a rather pedantic story with contrived moments that just ring hollow in the end.

But we get it... you will rail against the consensus of what is included in the run of games considered the golden age. Go anywhere and ask what that special run of games was for FF and you are going to get either FFVII-FFX or FFVI-FFX. That is just simple fact.

Plz. I think you misread me. I know what the consensus is. Or do I?

Or do you?

Or does anyone?

But do you?

VIII good? Junctio njunction junction

X good? Junction Junction Junction

XIII bad? Junction junctio njunction

Just know. IX is not worthy of being golden age.

But I like X.

X is a good game.

You say that like it's a fact that they are good games.

Plz. X is a good game.

VIII is a good game.

I like both games.

They aren't golden age

I - VI is golden age

you say you are a real FF gamer

I say that I am a real FF gamer

I am the retro gamer.

Retro games beat the newer 3d ones

I think I know what is a good game.

V and VI and III and IV good games.

You say that III isn't good but it has job system already making it one of the best FF other than V((improved job system)) and VI (huge cast of jobs essentially)

VII is not a strong game.

IX is not a good game.

X's weak points linearity people complained all the time but I get what you mean

I just think the consensus is wrong

So therefore the consensus isn't true

It is not a fact

It is stemming from many opinions

They cultivate to form a fact

They beg to differ

such is such
---
Recruiting for GG's KOTR: Spots Available: 8
#20ChipNoirPosted 11/2/2013 7:09:47 PM
If it were in such dire straights, people wouldn't be talking about it.

When people fail to even gripe about Final Fantasy at all, thats when the series is on its death bed.

Otherwise you're just being over-dramatic.
---
The official Kefka. I hate you all.