What's up with SE and PCs?

#1XenosheartPosted 11/3/2013 11:23:37 AM
Why don't they release mainline FFs on PCs? They released FF VII and VIII and then they stopped. I remember that when FF XIII was firstly announced it was also for PCs but they scrapped the project. Now they are considering a PC release. Is there a know reason for that?
---
Final Fantasy IX / Kingdom Hearts
|GR|
#2Asd202Posted 11/3/2013 12:05:53 PM(edited)
PC market is really healthy right now and many 3rd party developers are embracing PC even Japanese ones. In the past they though that they wouldn't get much profit from PC but I guess that's changed now with how easy digital distribution is for PC. Just imagine FF XV on steam on the same day as the consoles. It would sell really well.
#3The-SiskoPosted 11/3/2013 12:19:03 PM
Xenosheart posted...
Why don't they release mainline FFs on PCs? They released FF VII and VIII and then they stopped. I remember that when FF XIII was firstly announced it was also for PCs but they scrapped the project. Now they are considering a PC release. Is there a know reason for that?

There are two mainline FF on PCs: FFXI and the new FFXIV ARR...

What game is considering a PC release? XV?
---
FFXV board is at war. LR board is just a troll-derailing topics fest. KH boards be like "This happens. No this happened. Nah this happened!"
#4Lelouch71Posted 11/3/2013 2:01:18 PM
Um...FFXI and FFXIV are on PC. They are considering putting FFXV on PC as well. Whether it actually happens or not depends on them.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#5theofficefan99Posted 11/3/2013 2:03:34 PM
I think they'd garner much more profit from a PC version than the XBOne version
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6Asd202Posted 11/3/2013 3:07:28 PM
The-Sisko posted...

What game is considering a PC release? XV?

Yes.
#7PillsberyDoeManPosted 11/3/2013 3:12:27 PM
even though they said all that, i don't see pc version for 15 happening for a long, long time. maybe by the time 15-2 comes out? but really, i wonder what the reason is. so many other multiplatform developers have pc releases for their games. i can't imagine how many people would love to play ff games on glorious pc-ultra settings. maybe it's a piracy issue.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... EDIT: not so much anymore. (4/28/11)
EDIT#2: tired of waiting... (6/27/13)
#8FFT-FanPosted 11/3/2013 3:21:19 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I think they'd garner much more profit from a PC version than the XBOne version

This. I'd build a gaming PC especially to run XV with everything maxed, unless it's identical to the PS4 version
#9PillsberyDoeManPosted 11/3/2013 3:28:53 PM
it'd be pathetic if a company like se tried to downgrade the pc version to match the consoles.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... EDIT: not so much anymore. (4/28/11)
EDIT#2: tired of waiting... (6/27/13)
#10Xenosheart(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:45:53 PM
XI and XIV are MMORPGs so off course they are on PCs. But why isn't there a PC version of the FF XIII trilogy?
---
Final Fantasy IX / Kingdom Hearts
|GR|