What's up with SE and PCs?

#11DragoonGriffithPosted 11/3/2013 3:47:28 PM
Xenosheart posted...
But why isn't there a PC version of the FF XIII trilogy?

Because they don't want to torture the PC crowd.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII > IX = IV > III > I > II
FF: FFVI > the rest I can't rank without going into tiers
#12Xenosheart(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 3:48:26 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Xenosheart posted...
But why isn't there a PC version of the FF XIII trilogy?

Because they don't want to torture the PC crowd.

Hahaha!
---
Final Fantasy IX / Kingdom Hearts
|GR|
#13Gogandantess_XVPosted 11/3/2013 4:29:43 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
even though they said all that, i don't see pc version for 15 happening for a long, long time. maybe by the time 15-2 comes out? but really, i wonder what the reason is. so many other multiplatform developers have pc releases for their games. i can't imagine how many people would love to play ff games on glorious pc-ultra settings. maybe it's a piracy issue.

This.

Back when FF7 came out on PC, pirating obviously existed but it wasn't nearly as user-firendly as it is today. Also back then download speeds were ridiculously slow.
---
My name is GOGANDANTESS...the Greatest Swordsman of all Demons!
#14zombie_basher13Posted 11/3/2013 6:43:42 PM
Xenosheart posted...
Why don't they release mainline FFs on PCs? They released FF VII and VIII and then they stopped. I remember that when FF XIII was firstly announced it was also for PCs but they scrapped the project. Now they are considering a PC release. Is there a know reason for that?

Do you evem realize how easy it is to play the entire FF series on PC? Just the first six can be played through emulator, and if you're smart enough or whatever then also most of the others.
---
It's obnoxious when gameFAQers rank the Final Fantasy games in their sigs. Like, I don't care.
#15Xenosheart(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 10:43:34 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Xenosheart posted...
Why don't they release mainline FFs on PCs? They released FF VII and VIII and then they stopped. I remember that when FF XIII was firstly announced it was also for PCs but they scrapped the project. Now they are considering a PC release. Is there a know reason for that?

Do you evem realize how easy it is to play the entire FF series on PC? Just the first six can be played through emulator, and if you're smart enough or whatever then also most of the others.

I guess that's what people at Square are thinking. Why release PC version of the games? Our clients can play them for free through emulation. Also, why make a FF X remaster? They can play that too.
---
Final Fantasy IX / Kingdom Hearts
|GR|
#16BaseChouGokuPosted 11/4/2013 2:26:14 AM
FF VII
FF VIII
FF XI
FF XIV

all on PC

but PC is crap so who cares
#17EscaSyraPosted 11/4/2013 3:03:36 AM(edited)
The PC ports for VII and VIII had lots of technical issues if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe it would be easier for them to do ports now since the PS4 and Xbone have architecture more similar to a PC.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#18Asd202Posted 11/4/2013 8:03:20 AM
BaseChouGoku posted...

but PC is crap so who cares

Hahaha what?