Do people really hate 12 that much?

#1Radman55Posted 11/5/2013 2:07:52 PM
I know its a lot of opinion but god I cant see how people like all the other ones more than 12. I haven't played all but I played most ffs and 12 is the only one I really enjoyed replaying over n over. Its honestly one of my favorite games of all time unless I get the international version which is superior ive heard.

Is it the story? because I feel the other stories of the series are just as stupid but that's heavy opinion. But where the story drops off the gameplay is better for me overall than the other ffs ive played.

I just hate people don't give 12 a chance cause its just really a well done game with good mechanics and gameplay.
---
Zhao yun
#2ThamauturgePosted 11/5/2013 2:44:42 PM
XII is the best main series FF game, so the feeling is mutual TC.
---
Favorite games: FFXII International, FF Tactics WOTL, Super Smash Bros Melee, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Silent Hill 2
PSN: Thamauturge
#3Sacred_ArfaidPosted 11/5/2013 2:45:28 PM
I gave that game more than a fair chance and it bored me to no end. That's why I hate it.
#4moogle69Posted 11/5/2013 2:46:30 PM
the game is good, if you insomnia, problem.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
FFXV, KH3, MONOLITH X, MK8, SSBU, LOZ:U
#5PainsPerceptionPosted 11/5/2013 2:53:05 PM
the only thing I didn't like (at the time) is how your party members can auto-level themselves.

But being an old man now (28) and being accustomed to insane grindfests, I rather like the Gambit system now because I can focus on another game while just keeping an eye on FFXII here and there.

The story was ok for me.
gameplay was awesome.
characters were meh but that sort of thing doesn't bother me.
---
but the only way to really learn is to get your ass beat a bunch. Such is Tekken, such is life. - Triguns Vash
Official SARDINE of ALL FF boards
#6EscaSyraPosted 11/5/2013 3:10:06 PM(edited)
After it was released, yes.

Now, mostly no.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#7EinheirPosted 11/5/2013 3:11:11 PM
Was a bit boring to me, dunno about other people
#8XenosheartPosted 11/5/2013 3:51:31 PM
IMO the battle system was ok, the story was below mediocre but the worst thing in this game were the characters. The party was consisted of bad writen, boring, flat, empty, stupid characters. While most of them had so much potential (Balthier, Ashe, Basch and Fran could be awesome if they were developed more and better) they never had the chance to shine for me. The other two, Vaan and Penelo, were more than useless for the game, they were rubbish that made it look bad. It's a shame because if they worked on the story and characters more, XII would have been a great game. One thing I loved about this game though was its style. The armors, some of the characters designs and the "weird" voice overs won me. But again there were mistakes, like the whole game being medieval and then you reach cities that try to look futuristic.
---
Final Fantasy IX / Kingdom Hearts
|GR|
#9theofficefan99Posted 11/5/2013 4:03:07 PM
I can talk all day as to why I think XII is insanely mediocre. But I won't. I'll just say that "boring" and "tedious" are the two best words to summarize my thoughts towards the game.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#10ChipNoirPosted 11/5/2013 4:06:25 PM
Final Fantasy XII was an radical change from what I was used to.

It's off putting to patron a series with expectations, only to have those expectations disregarded for things you never asked for.

I did not want an MMO styled exploration. I did not want a slower, less impressive battle presentation. I did not want a more serious, dire, and dry plot. I certainly had no investment in the Ivalice mythology.

I hated the game, and felt rather betrayed.
---
The official Kefka. I hate you all.