If this game isn't as good as FF7, FF9 and FFX... I'm f***ing done with SE

#1foxyReyokoPosted 11/11/2013 10:46:21 AM
Let's face it, this company has lost their touch.

A lot of you here are #yoloswag generation peasants so you probably missed out on the greatness of Squaresoft.

Ever since after FFX/FFX-2 all they have produced is garbage, with one bad decision after another. PS3 was definitely their worst generation by far. But they have been working on FFXV for 7 years... if they still fail to produce the magic of FF7/FF9/FFX then they are finished as far as I'm concerned, and so am I.

Don't give a f*** about KH... the gameplay is so annoying. I hope the gameplay in FFXV feels a lot different. I hope it has a good story, good characters, good atmosphere, good music, etc.
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS [06.12.2008]
`._.
#2justaloser99Posted 11/11/2013 10:52:40 AM
Yeh.
---
Must-play games before you die: ICO, SotC, KH Series, Okami, FF1-12, Ni No Kuni, MGS Series, DmC Series, Journey, The Last of Us, Xenogears.
#3ValorZraykPosted 11/11/2013 11:01:19 AM
I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy FFXIII. Such a good game.

That being said: 10>9>13>7>12......... I wouldn't be upset if this game was as good as 9 and 10.
---
FFXIII has the best menu-based combat system I have ever seen. How anyone can think it has "no depth" is beyond me.
#4Gamegeek123Posted 11/11/2013 12:00:38 PM(edited)
foxyReyoko posted...
Let's face it, this company has lost their touch.

A lot of you here are #yoloswag generation peasants so you probably missed out on the greatness of Squaresoft.

Ever since after FFX/FFX-2 all they have produced is garbage, with one bad decision after another. PS3 was definitely their worst generation by far. But they have been working on FFXV for 7 years... if they still fail to produce the magic of FF7/FF9/FFX then they are finished as far as I'm concerned, and so am I.

Don't give a f*** about KH... the gameplay is so annoying. I hope the gameplay in FFXV feels a lot different. I hope it has a good story, good characters, good atmosphere, good music, etc.

Plz. YOU missed out on the greatness of FF.

Let me guess, you never played FFI, II, III, IV, V, VI - the real FF games.

I'm sorry kid but you're all wrong L0L - FFVII has NO magic whatsoever.

I was in the same boat as you - I had that reaction when I played VII after playing the masterpiece known as FFVI, and I wondered why FF had sunk so low. Square lost its touch after the SNES era, and the first PS1 game didn't deliver on the FF quality. Your argument is immediately invalid cuz you listed FFVII as a good FF game and what's even worse is then you list IX has a game of greatness.

Plz. YOU are the peasant who missed out on the greatness of FF.
- I didn't know you enjoy bad stories, bad villains, cast of either 1. walking tropes galore and archetype cliche everywhere or 2. wild animals like the ugly monkey, dirty rat, and ugly knight.
- I didn't know you enjoyed excruciatingly bad battle systems that make you want to quit the game and go back to FFVI after playing VII/IX for 5 minutes.

L0L
---
My favorite hobby: Adding insult to injury
#5monopoly_kingPosted 11/11/2013 12:04:19 PM
So basically... Two elitists who thinks their opinions are far superior than everyone else's...

Cool story bros.
#6SugarFlakesPosted 11/11/2013 12:07:11 PM
See ya.
---
Top fav games: SO3, SO4, KH2, FF5, FF12, FF8, FE:PoR, VP2
Top 6 fav FF characters: Bartz, Squall, Zidane, Laguna, Balthier, Noel
#7RagirothPosted 11/11/2013 12:07:41 PM
Why does it HAVE to be as good as them? Why can't it just be a GOOD GAME? I get that it's frustrating it's taking so long, trust me I do. But as long as we have fun with the game, why does it matter if it's on the same level as <insert whatever your favorite FF(s) are/is>? I mean are you saying that if this is a pretty good game, but just not quite as good as the three you listed than you're done with SE? If so, you just further prove how crazy and unpleasable SE/FF fans are.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#8i8g4wlPosted 11/11/2013 12:49:55 PM
monopoly_king posted...
So basically... Two elitists who thinks their opinions are far superior than everyone else's...

Cool story bros.
#9badboyPosted 11/11/2013 12:53:13 PM
We're gonna miss you.
#10Ivajosh10Posted 11/11/2013 12:53:44 PM
Damn , and here I am just enjoying all these new games xD
---
PSN: Ivajosh; GT: Ivajosh90; Steam: Ivajosh