Who'd rather be the director of Final Fantasy XVI?

#21Lelouch71Posted 12/9/2013 3:13:36 PM
I sure hope you aren't another Galv alt account, TC.

Personally I'm starting to hope it's not Ito just to spite him after posting over 1,000+ threads about it.

All the same I hope it's both Tabata/Ito who do FFXVI. Tabata can be the leading director while Ito can be his co-star. I think it's time for some new blood. I would like Yoshida to do the character designs but he become a freelancer now so who knows.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#22NaedeslusPosted 12/10/2013 11:17:14 PM
Christopher Nolan.
#23zombie_basher13Posted 12/11/2013 4:23:24 AM
Definitely not Toriyama, anyone but him. The guy is obsessed with flashiness, drama, and story, problem is every character he makes is extremely annoying or steretypical in one way or another, and his storytelling capability is on par with that of a middle school teen. Guy needs to find his real area of expertise if he even has one, before heading another FF (which won't happen).
---
It's obnoxious when gameFAQers rank the Final Fantasy games in their sigs. Like, I don't care.
#24SteelCurtain17Posted 12/11/2013 6:21:02 AM
The guy has been successful before when he isn't given free reign......I think it is time for him to return to one of those roles
---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!PSN- Cotner84
"The Xbone. It's like cable, except it watches you." -SwimmingToaster
#25rapius002Posted 12/11/2013 6:40:55 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Definitely not Toriyama, anyone but him. The guy is obsessed with flashiness, drama, and story, problem is every character he makes is extremely annoying or steretypical in one way or another, and his storytelling capability is on par with that of a middle school teen. Guy needs to find his real area of expertise if he even has one, before heading another FF (which won't happen).

Guy is a pretty good scenario/event director/planner. That is his specialty. That's why everything is so flashy all the time because he is good at writing flashy scenarios. It was his idea for Midgar to last as long as it did in VII, including the destruction of Sector 7, Cloud's crossdressing scene, the bombing missions, and many more. He also was the event director for X, where his ideas included the bombing of Home, the wedding, many of the Sin encounters, etc. That's his calling: making these really awesome, memorable set-pieces. Characters? Pure story? Characterization, setting? Gameplay mechanics? None of those does he accel at. But scenario/event planning, he's really a pretty good guy of that. That's why Kitase had him direct XIII: with the new powerful hardware, the game would be almost photo-realistic, and being photo-realistic, Kitase wanted it more like an interactive movie.
#26SteelCurtain17Posted 12/11/2013 7:36:47 AM
^which is exactly why Toriyama needs to go back to these kind of roles
---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!PSN- Cotner84
"The Xbone. It's like cable, except it watches you." -SwimmingToaster
#27TehAssasinPosted 12/11/2013 7:48:16 AM
Or we could just have Toriyama be the new coffee guy/toilet washer, replacing Ito. If only.
#28LamacePosted 12/11/2013 10:02:46 AM
This would be my dream team of Final Fantasy:

Director: Hiroyuki Ito, Yasumi Matsuno
Writer: Yasumi Matsuno, Kikuchi Hana, Sawako Natori
Producer: Yasumi Matsuno
Character design: Yoshitaka Amano
Art director: Yoshitaka Amano, Hiroshi Minagawa
Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda, Nobuo Uematsu, Hitoshi Sakimoto
#29jdeo1997Posted 12/13/2013 5:30:02 PM
Lamace posted...
This would be my dream team of Final Fantasy:

Director: Hiroyuki Ito, Yasumi Matsuno
Writer: Yasumi Matsuno, Kikuchi Hana, Sawako Natori
Producer: Yasumi Matsuno
Character design: Yoshitaka Amano
Art director: Yoshitaka Amano, Hiroshi Minagawa
Composer: Yasunori Mitsuda, Nobuo Uematsu, Hitoshi Sakimoto

yes
---
difference between Eska and a Gyarados: ones a rampaging psychopath, and the other is a pokemon
friend code: 0774-4749-8448 friend zone dragon
#30jdeo1997Posted 12/13/2013 6:49:11 PM
a good idea for XVI's director, or to say directors is to have all the major heads (including toriyama) work on it, but have them focus on their best assets to create a masterpiece
---
difference between Eska and a Gyarados: ones a rampaging psychopath, and the other is a pokemon
friend code: 0774-4749-8448 friend zone dragon