is this turnbased?

#1thefabregas22Posted 12/9/2013 11:51:38 AM
I've been looking at the e3 trailer and it looks more like an action packed 12 than a classic turnbased jrpg.

Just what are we getting?
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#2Pirate_BalthierPosted 12/9/2013 11:53:46 AM
An Action RPG.
---
http://d22dmam3ig6p12.cloudfront.net/media/pics/art_9164_id_1.jpeg
I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.
#3ExtremeLightPosted 12/9/2013 11:59:33 AM
Lol we haven't had a classic turnbased for over a decade. This game is similar to Kingdom Hearts which is an Action Role-playing game.
---
Next Villain after Xehanort? I suspect it will be a Light-based villain. Someone we haven't even seen yet. Just watch.
#4thefabregas22(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 12:10:25 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Lol we haven't had a classic turnbased for over a decade. This game is similar to Kingdom Hearts which is an Action Role-playing game.

Eh... I wasn't a fan of kingdom hearts, as long as it's better than kingdom hearts I guess it might be ok.

I was hoping for classic turnbased though, I thought this was tbh since ff fans seem happy with it and the dynamic combat of 13 is what a lot of people didn't like about 13 so I thought it had gone back.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#5theofficefan99Posted 12/9/2013 12:15:43 PM
Use your brain for one second and figure out the answer for that question yourself.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 12/9/2013 12:17:29 PM
It can be turn based if you want it to be.
#7ExtremeLightPosted 12/9/2013 12:31:16 PM
thefabregas22 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

Eh... I wasn't a fan of kingdom hearts, as long as it's better than kingdom hearts I guess it might be ok.

I was hoping for classic turnbased though, I thought this was tbh since ff fans seem happy with it and the dynamic combat of 13 is what a lot of people didn't like about 13 so I thought it had gone back.

They went the full-action direction instead. If you did like the gameplay of KH (ignoring the story) then this game will be wayyy better (story and gameplay-wise). If you enjoyed the classic FF elements (ignoring gameplay) then this game will also have that.
---
Next Villain after Xehanort? I suspect it will be a Light-based villain. Someone we haven't even seen yet. Just watch.
#8resonadoPosted 12/9/2013 1:47:43 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Use your brain for one second and figure out the answer for that question yourself.

Not everyone's followed this game since 2006 or 2011 - most seemed to have taken notice of the game quite recently (excluding those GFaqs users prior to the XV and Versus board merger).
#9kaylan411Posted 12/9/2013 2:10:28 PM
resonado posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Not everyone's followed this game since 2006 or 2011 - most seemed to have taken notice of the game quite recently (excluding those GFaqs users prior to the XV and Versus board merger).

That means nothing. Look at the trailer for two seconds and you realize its not turn-based.
---
A Warmonger Like You Would Never Understand The Power Flowing Through My Body ~ Kamille Bidan
Love Gundam/Gunpla? Join the Gundam Eclipse community
#10hyro56Posted 12/9/2013 2:24:59 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Yes?
---
Atlus > Square-Enix