hopefully FFXV will bring back real spells to the battle system

#1serpentaurusPosted 12/9/2013 7:56:50 PM
**** those FFXIII pathetic spells, we want Ultima, Contain, Meteor, Scathe, ja-elemental spells, and strategic spells like Reverse, Decoy, Shield, Meltdown, Aura, Double-Triple, Autolife, etc. So much potential in FF....

dont screw it Nomura!
---
Now playing: UMvC3, SSF4 AE 2012, Sonic Racing Transformed
#2ExtremeLightPosted 12/9/2013 8:00:16 PM
serpentaurus posted...
**** those FFXIII pathetic spells, we want Ultima, Contain, Meteor, Scathe, ja-elemental spells, and strategic spells like Reverse, Decoy, Shield, Meltdown, Aura, Double-Triple, Autolife, etc. So much potential in FF....

dont screw it Nomura!

HEY don't group my wishlist into yours.
---
Next Villain after Xehanort? I suspect it will be a Light-based villain. Someone we haven't even seen yet. Just watch.
#3Gamegeek123Posted 12/9/2013 8:04:30 PM
It won't matter when half of those spells suck
---
Ness > Lucas
#4marko7Posted 12/9/2013 8:04:58 PM
I thought XIII had its fair share of strategic spells. And it made magic pretty much just as important as physical attacks, which I've notice has been hard to balance in previous entries.

Most of those spells you mentioned I barely used either. Reverse, Decoy, Shield, Double/Triple (Magic in FFVIII is a rare occurrence for me in general) Even Auto-life is far from essential.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2013
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#5CrimsonmistPosted 12/9/2013 8:12:48 PM
Many would argue that having over powered or useless spells and magic in general not being used by players save for boss battles would be a step backward as many are stating the importance of using fire five times in rapid succession without worrying over resources. While I can understand the premise I find that there is too much focus on this as a functional concept, rather than fun. I would rather have those crazy overpowered MP wasting spells back outside of acting as "limit/overdrive/etc" than focus on the minutia of repeatedly dedicating someone to casting Deshell and all the excitement that comes with that.
---
I might make this my sig...
#6SBK91Posted 12/9/2013 8:19:23 PM

Here, here. FF Black/White magic is boring as Hell most of the time (especially the elementals). Give us the good offensive crap (Flare, Scourge, Ardor, Scathe), buffs *hard to do in Action, but I'm sure they could pull it off*, direct damage with rider effects, etc. KH1 and 2 had great magic, and I expect no less from XV. Wishful thinking, it'd be great to have different magic strings for every weapon and alternate magic systems, even if they didn't work within the hit/finisher system. Blue/Enemy Skill, Mix, Spellblade, Dark Arts, Combine, Predict, the good stuff.
#7ChipNoirPosted 12/9/2013 8:49:46 PM
As long as they look good and have great presentation value, I don't care what kind of spells we get. Just no more of this limited, mundane crap we got in XII, where every spell and attack outside of Quickenings and Espers were hardly worth a second glance.

I'm paying to be entertained. ENTERTAIN ME.
---
The official Kefka. I hate you all.
#8TehAssasinPosted 12/9/2013 8:59:38 PM
I hope they branch out Magic spells a little and introduces variations to staple Fire/Ice/Wind etc with different effects, animations and AOE.

For instance, there could be your regular Fire spell, then there's Fire Wall, Fire Rain, Fire Breath, Volcano, Meteor Shower, etc, instead of just Fire, Fira, Firaga, Flare, Ultima.

I would definitely main Ignis if magic spells are interesting like that.
#9serpentaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 8:29:41 PM
ChipNoir posted...
As long as they look good and have great presentation value, I don't care what kind of spells we get. Just no more of this limited, mundane crap we got in XII, where every spell and attack outside of Quickenings and Espers were hardly worth a second glance.

FFXII has Reverse, Decoy, Bubble, ADT time stopping spells (scathe, flare), unique status effects like Oil, X-zone, ja-elemental spells, real time status effects, float/invisible, etc etc

da fuq are you talking about. 8, 9 and XIII have mundane crap of spells selection, maybe you meant those
---
Now playing: UMvC3, SSF4 AE 2012, Sonic Racing Transformed
#10ChipNoirPosted 12/10/2013 8:36:16 PM
serpentaurus posted...
ChipNoir posted...

FFXII has Reverse, Decoy, Bubble, ADT time stopping spells (scathe, flare), unique status effects like Oil, X-zone, ja-elemental spells, real time status effects, float/invisible, etc etc

da fuq are you talking about. 8, 9 and XIII have mundane crap of spells selection, maybe you meant those

Every spell's presentations were boring. They cut down on the special effects so it could be 'real time'. Big whoop.
---
The official Kefka. I hate you all.