Is there a tier list for all the main characters and villains in the series?

#141Sacred_ArfaidPosted 12/11/2013 4:29:55 AM
These conversations are always stupid.
#142kaylan411Posted 12/11/2013 7:30:37 AM
Using gameplay mechanics is not a good way to gauge how strong someone is seeing as how each game plays different. Put Zidane or Cloud in LR and they could prob hit for more dm than lightning (She was never a heavy hitter anyway...)

Depending how hp and damage cap in the game is set up, it seems some characters are stronger than others but that's not always the case.
---
Oops, couldn't wait for the PS4 anymore so bought the less desired XBONE
Love Gundam/Gunpla? Join the Gundam Eclipse community
#143Sparta19(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 10:17:00 AM
For the record, gameplay mechanics are not a factor in creating the tier list. If it was, Squall would be S-Rank due to Blasting Zone >_>

As for the user who mentioned poor Ultimecia being forgotten, when I created this topic, my first choice S-Ranks in mind were Exdeath, Ultimecia and Cloud of Darkness.
---
And on the 8th day God said "Let there be fivehead!" and it was good. - wonderbreadman
#144ExtremeLightPosted 12/11/2013 10:54:20 AM
I'm considering create another rank. I mean in my view, most of the villains would fit into rank S but wouldn't quite fit into rank A.
---
Next Villain after Xehanort? I suspect it will be a Light-based villain. Someone we haven't even seen yet. Just watch.
#145ShihaliPosted 12/11/2013 11:20:03 AM
Fighting game boards love to subdivide tiers so Sephiroth (if his plan had gone as intended) could be S-, not a threat to the fabric of the universe or a planet buster proper but a planet-level threat.

I say make those A and call the old A tier B. Tier lists full of pluses and minuses look silly.

Are we taking into account sequels and post game content?
#146ExtremeLightPosted 12/11/2013 11:26:12 AM
Shihali posted...
Fighting game boards love to subdivide tiers so Sephiroth (if his plan had gone as intended) could be S-, not a threat to the fabric of the universe or a planet buster proper but a planet-level threat.

I say make those A and call the old A tier B. Tier lists full of pluses and minuses look silly.

Are we taking into account sequels and post game content?

I think that is more reasonable. Lowering the standards of the ranking.

Yes we're taking into account all -quels. Post game depends, like FFX you have character like Yuna who could solo more than half the game at max yet she isn't that strong in the next. Of course in the case of 13-2 post game wouldn't matter since both character would somehow be a max before they fight Caius.
---
Next Villain after Xehanort? I suspect it will be a Light-based villain. Someone we haven't even seen yet. Just watch.
#147ShihaliPosted 12/11/2013 2:00:38 PM
Including sequels and postgame content really hits, IIIRC:

- Minwu: Worth moving up a tier on the hero side. IMHO Mateus stays at his existing tier; different place, same threat level.
- Cecil: I haven't played TAY, but isn't there some nonsense with the Creator in there? (Which brings to mind FFLI/Saga I, and its "Creator" who only created the island the game is set on.) Potentially other FF4 characters.
- Cloud: Sephiroth gets no extra credit for Geostigma compared to Meteor, IMHO, but I'm no FF7 expert.
- Lightning: I don't know the plots of her sequels, but what I vaguely recall points at a multi-tier jump.
- Characters who only exist in sequels and bonus dungeons, for obvious reasons, although Enuo was vaguely rankable before.

Some other issues:

- How do you rate a character whose only weakness is a specific other character (e.g. KH Sephiroth)? My inclination is to ignore that limitation, since it's unworkable in a multi-universe setting like this tier list and dreadful storytelling to boot.
#148Sega9599Posted 12/11/2013 2:34:52 PM
Can you include the summons? We have seen how they fare in other games......
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#149ExtremeLightPosted 12/11/2013 2:56:56 PM
Sega9599 posted...
Can you include the summons? We have seen how they fare in other games......

Yes but obviously only if the character can still do it. Like this wouldn't be applicable for Yuna or most of the cast of 13.
---
#150Fenrir-JuubiPosted 12/11/2013 3:19:13 PM
I would remind you people of two things:

Kuja just attained that planet-crushing power after absorbing A LOT OF SOULS. Zidane will never reach his level. He was supposed to be a reaper of souls but ,sorry guys, that possibility was cut when Kuja kidnapped him and left him for die in Gaia.

SEPHIROTH IS WEAK. Meteor? Black Materia, that don't was his power. Cloud can't kill him completely? Because JENOVA IS A VIRUS. A parasite hard to be destroyed. There will always be remains. He isn't that strong.
Seriously, I laugh at the guy who put him in the same level of Kefka.
---
"Now, struggle! Suffer! Kill! Show me! Dance around like the little Xbots you are! Your sad, wretched screams will open up the FIFTH CONSOLE WAR!"