Why do the characters in FFXV have such stupid names

#81westontickleePosted 12/11/2013 3:32:33 PM
hyro56 posted...
rapius002 posted...
westonticklee posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
westonticklee posted...
All of the names suck except for Stella, but Gladiolus is the one that makes me shake my head eerytime. Like I just can't woth anything that has to do with Gladiolus. From his name to his design. It's all just horrid

gladiolus- N.
an Old World plant of the iris family, with sword-shaped leaves and spikes of brightly colored flowers, popular in gardens and as a cut flower.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130618032336/finalfantasy/images/b/bd/FFXV_Gladiolus_In-battle.png

beautiful and strong oh my the name is more horrible than Gladiator! Lest not forget the sword named Gladius!

Your best bet is to really just stfu ExtremeLight. Cause I didn't really ask for your commentary. If I don't like the name then I don't. You're dismissed. Bye Felisha.

Wow. Someone's getting awfully defensive.

Just another Wednesday for westonticklee.

lmfao! You're one to talk! You're dismissed
---
Queen Jiggs, Princess Flabebe and Lord Nyaoni and Lady Meowstic are gonna destroy!
JiggsNation Territories: Pokemon X, FFXV, LR: FFXIII, P4G and P5 Boards
#82mistermikeymike(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 3:33:27 PM
so let me get this straight, they basically took some "cool sounding name" put it through google translator and that's the name of their characters?

why not pick names that have a clear latin influence, but aren't just google translator inspired names.

like Stella, is an awesome name. latin influence, but still relatable to the western audience
---
You do not have a waifu.
#83westontickleePosted 12/11/2013 3:35:05 PM
mistermikeymike posted...
so let me get this straight, they basically took some "cool sounding name" put it through google translator and that's the name of their characters?

why not pick names that have a clear latin influence, but aren't just google translator inspired names.

like Stella, is an awesome name. latin influence, but still relatable to the western audience

Which is why she has the best name. Ignis would be good too, but Stupeo or whatever ruins it.
---
Queen Jiggs, Princess Flabebe and Lord Nyaoni and Lady Meowstic are gonna destroy!
JiggsNation Territories: Pokemon X, FFXV, LR: FFXIII, P4G and P5 Boards
#84ChipNoirPosted 12/11/2013 3:47:53 PM

And you know they did this...how?
---
The official Kefka. I hate you all.
#85mistermikeymike(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 3:50:53 PM
ChipNoir posted...

Don't look but, your weeaboo is showing
---
You do not have a waifu.
#86ChipNoirPosted 12/11/2013 3:52:23 PM
ChipNoir posted...

Don't look but, your weeaboo is showing

Do you ever get bored of making other people annoyed?
---
#87ExtremeLightPosted 12/11/2013 3:54:43 PM
westonticklee posted...

You're not contributing everything besides being a rabid fanboy. Now stfu and go sit in the corner where you belong. You don't dismiss me. I do the dismissing. And you've already been dismissed.

I contributed by offering what the name means in response to your post. No need to go all crazy about it calling me a rabid fanboy, what?

You can't dismissed the light! You'll let darkness in your heart.
---
Next Villain after Xehanort? I suspect it will be a Light-based villain. Someone we haven't even seen yet. Just watch.
#88ChipNoirPosted 12/11/2013 3:57:15 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
westonticklee posted...

You're not contributing everything besides being a rabid fanboy. Now stfu and go sit in the corner where you belong. You don't dismiss me. I do the dismissing. And you've already been dismissed.

I contributed by offering what the name means in response to your post. No need to go all crazy about it calling me a rabid fanboy, what?

You can't dismissed the light! You'll let darkness in your heart.

I dismissed you ages ago.
---
#89ExtremeLightPosted 12/11/2013 4:03:18 PM
Impossiburu!
---
Next Villain after Xehanort? I suspect it will be a Light-based villain. Someone we haven't even seen yet. Just watch.
#90mistermikeymike(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 6:44:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]