what do you think the final fantasy series...

#1NovaWingzPosted 12/21/2013 5:20:46 PM
would be like if they kept there main games with nintendo like with 1-6
---
not changing this till capcom revives megaman.(megaman star force 4)
#2ExtremeLightPosted 12/21/2013 5:22:24 PM
FF7 would had never had existed as we know it and it would be a lesser series now.
---
In love with Beyonce's new album.
#3ShihaliPosted 12/21/2013 6:47:52 PM(edited)
FF wouldn't be the technical showcase it became in FF7, no, and there would never have been the era when FF was huge. There would be no memorable FMVs and no Advent Children. FF7 wouldn't have been enough to sell the N64, not when the Playstation had so much more storage space on its CDs than the N64 could fit into a cartridge.

But there probably wouldn't have been a Spirits Within either, so Squaresoft would still exist as an independent entity. FF would still be the premier JRPG series in the US. Maybe they'd be doing stylized cel-shaded graphics like Dragon Quest 8, The Wind Waker, and Ni no Kuni, since stuck on Nintendo systems they would be locked out from the realistic graphics arms race.

Honestly, I think I'd be happier with this alternate history, but I was a fan before FF7.
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 12/21/2013 6:43:23 PM
Hard to say.
Rather than the platform playing any role, FF was going strong till and including the PS2 era.

Still, I can't help but think that the time with Nintendo was probably the "happiest" in FFs lifetime, if that makes sense.

To explain what I'm saying, basically up till FF6 the franchise was growing and making a name for itself among a niche at the time (kinda like going through childhood up to the teens), with one or the other title getting popular outside of Japan (depending on whether it would be localized at all, not to mention "lol Europe").

With FF7, not only FF, but other series also have been torn apart from their comfort zone, and put on a display to be enjoyed by the popular masses. And while FF7 and every FF to this day have ranged from merely good to great, one can't help the franchise became popular for all the wrong reasons.

Lots of people will cite the story of the FF games, but I think a lot are confusing that with the pretty overcoat painted on these games, especially the ones which make the first big leap on a fresh next gen console.
It's no small wonder that the most popular FF games are FF7 and FF10.
FF13 just had the misfortune of being a case of harsh fan backlash. It still sold a **** ton.
---
http://i.imgur.com/LXTvA3y.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/animation4y6j3l.gif
#5CelesColeVIPosted 12/21/2013 7:00:25 PM
In my opinion, the series would be better nowadays. FF7 wouldn't have existed as it does now, thus Square wouldn't be trying to copy it. Square would just make games like it was fun rather than pumping out crap. But I wouldn't have my FFIX... Oh Well. Nintendo should have just done CDs in the first place.
---
January 25th 2006, Nintendo denies that a redesigned DS is in the making.
January 26th 2006, DS Lite announced.
#6Sacred_ArfaidPosted 12/21/2013 7:01:42 PM
CelesColeVI posted...
In my opinion, the series would be better nowadays. FF7 wouldn't have existed as it does now, thus Square wouldn't be trying to copy it. Square would just make games like it was fun rather than pumping out crap. But I wouldn't have my FFIX... Oh Well. Nintendo should have just done CDs in the first place.

Copy it how?
#7LordKaizerPosted 12/21/2013 7:22:18 PM
i blame mostly on the fanboys who started playing FF games with FF7. it was their first RPG they ever played. so, it must be the best one and every RPG after FF7 are trying to copy FF7 style without its substance and the fanboys are eating it up. that's how we get gems like KH series and star ocean 4.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)
#8TkmajingPosted 12/21/2013 10:30:02 PM
1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10,10-2 are Final Fantasies i loved, but everything that came after X-2 has sucked big time. Although i am extremely hyped about XV.
---
3DS FC= 5086-1941-1568
#9LeptisMagnaPosted 12/21/2013 10:35:33 PM
The world will never know.
---
CP: XIII-2, The Room | Queue: MGR, Ghost Trick
#10Breastmilkn_DipPosted 12/22/2013 3:06:38 AM
NovaWingz posted...
would be like if they kept there main games with nintendo like with 1-6

Some/all of the minigames/sidequests of VII, VIII and X especially would become separate products of their own.

DoC would not exist.

FFXII = no Xenoblade.

FFXIII would have been a Wii U launch title.