So this game changed a stubborn parents' mentality towards video games

#1theofficefan99Posted 12/21/2013 7:16:47 PM
My mother, who has always been against video games, insisted that I should not use any more money to buy video games (I haven't bought a game since April, mind you).

A few minutes afterwards, though, I played the Final Fantasy XV trailer off of my PS3 while she was drinking her morning coffee, and she was impressed by the CGI, the in-game visuals, the music... she was impressed with it overall. Which managed to surprise me.

Ever had a game change your parents' mind towards video games in a more positive light?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2W_Mark_Felt_SrPosted 12/21/2013 7:21:26 PM
Why was she against video games and what made her change her mind? o.O
---
http://en.wikipedia.org?search=%22Ultimania+development%22&ns1=1
^Almost all FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info.
#3OpheliaAdenadePosted 12/21/2013 7:21:56 PM
Neither of my parents have an ill view of vidya games actually. :v I guess because they'd rather have me at home playing games than out drinking or getting pregnant.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#4aeoxeternalPosted 12/21/2013 7:22:40 PM
Eh, my father encouraged video games, he would even play with me. As well as books and movies (not TV though).
He claims he wanted me to have a broad imagination, which I'm proud of.
---
3DS: (Aeox) 1289-9556-5517. SV - 3336
#5Sacred_ArfaidPosted 12/21/2013 7:23:11 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Neither of my parents have an ill view of vidya games actually. :v I guess because they'd rather have me at home playing games than out drinking or getting pregnant.

You're aren't out drinking and getting pregnant? I'm very disappointed in you.
#6OpheliaAdenadePosted 12/21/2013 7:28:31 PM
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

You're aren't out drinking and getting pregnant? I'm very disappointed in you.

No, too busy working on my backlog. :v So many games to play.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#7DrakoVongola1Posted 12/21/2013 7:31:34 PM(edited)
My parents have never had an issue with video games, even violent ones, one of the first games I ever played was Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the N64 back when I was like 6 years old. I sucked at the game and could barely figure out how to do more than Sheeva's stomp attack, but it was damn fun, and I even managed to beat it once :D
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#8Sacred_ArfaidPosted 12/21/2013 7:37:48 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
No, too busy working on my backlog. :v So many games to play.

The video games can wait. Get out there and spread those legs.
#9Ichirou_Posted 12/21/2013 7:40:12 PM
My mother hates all forms of video games, especially violent ones but she has a soft spot for Mario. She loves platformers, with a dash of Tetris.
---
M I S T E R T O F U
You are slave. Want emancipation?
#10theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 7:40:39 PM
I have a great social life and good grades, too. I party and hang out and whatnot all the time. I don't know why my parents have always been against them.

I actually barely even play games. A few hours a week at the very most. I obsess over them, especially this game, way more than I actually play them.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin