So this game changed a stubborn parents' mentality towards video games

#31OpheliaAdenadePosted 12/22/2013 12:00:31 PM
shadowSEXil posted...
iirc I was 15 when XIII came out, and my PS3 was in the living room at the time. I got made fun of by my parents for "playing a soap opera."

My mother loves soap operas though. o.o
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#32HRskskyPosted 12/22/2013 11:51:48 PM
Asian parents despise them even if I do well on academics. They know nothing about the industry and thinks I'm nuts watching Sony CEO giving a speech on e3 stream about games(an activity for 10 year olds in their minds).
---
https://www.projectcrystallis.org
PSN: HRsksky I'm open minded so talk to me about anything.
#33PhizulzPosted 12/23/2013 12:23:19 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I have a great social life and good grades, too. I party and hang out and whatnot all the time. I don't know why my parents have always been against them.

I actually barely even play games. A few hours a week at the very most. I obsess over them, especially this game, way more than I actually play them.

I always see you actively posting on here doe
#34ExtremeLightPosted 12/23/2013 12:47:04 AM
Phizulz posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I have a great social life and good grades, too. I party and hang out and whatnot all the time. I don't know why my parents have always been against them.

I actually barely even play games. A few hours a week at the very most. I obsess over them, especially this game, way more than I actually play them.

I always see you actively posting on here doe

You can easily come on here like twice for a few hours and hang out with friends for like... all day. I don't get why people equate internet to having no life.
---
In love with Beyonce's new album.
#35ClawsPosted 12/23/2013 10:41:46 PM
HRsksky posted...
Asian parents despise them even if I do well on academics. They know nothing about the industry and thinks I'm nuts watching Sony CEO giving a speech on e3 stream about games(an activity for 10 year olds in their minds).

That's a familiar story. My mother doesn't like me playing games either, always harping on how much electricity I waste. Then again, she barely knows how to operate her phone.
---
FC: 3539-8889-9448 Larvesta, Magmar, Ninetails. Name:Meow
pls PM if add.
#36OpheliaAdenadePosted 12/23/2013 10:50:47 PM
Claws posted...
HRsksky posted...

That's a familiar story. My mother doesn't like me playing games either, always harping on how much electricity I waste. Then again, she barely knows how to operate her phone.

Is this accurate then?

http://youtu.be/avxOjYR7kec
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#37Graham_ChapmanPosted 12/29/2013 7:46:35 AM
The PS3 generation as a whole... I got my mother to open up to video games with Assassin's Creed. She has never been able to appreciate the beauty of sprite/pre-PS3 definition 3d games (something I attribute to a general lack of imagination) and midi music, she doesn't like the "senseless violence" of fighting games and many other games were way too fast-paced to her... But Assassin's Creed looked beautiful and realistic with historical locations and famous people popping up all over the place (something my mom, who wished that she had studied to become a history scholar, found really very appealing) and it had beautiful soundtracks, there was an intriguing plot behind the violence (which could even be avoided by sneaking and/or running away in many cases) that made her sympathize, though not entirely agree with, the main characters and things never moved too fast for her to keep up.

After that she found some interest in FFXIII as well, once again being drawn in by the pretty graphics and comfortable pacing of the game. She also appeared to somewhat like the characters. She has never said anything good about Lightning and Hope, but she appears to find Snow's "hero" antics funny and thinks Vanille, with her outrageous kawaii genki girliness, is a hilarious stereotype. She, much like many others, love Sazh, seemingly because she, as a parent, can relate to his paternal plight, emotional struggles and inability to fully keep up with the younger characters of the cast. She also plainly loves Fang. Something about her attitude that almost has mom swoon at her... FFXIII also got mom into cosplay, which is something I find very amusing.
---
To hell with Google, ask me instead.
#38Breastmilkn_DipPosted 12/29/2013 8:27:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]