Could Nomura be taking story inspiration from Suikoden series?

#11rapius002Posted 12/27/2013 10:10:59 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Actually, this reminds me more of FFXII to be honest.

Some almighty crystal? Check.
Politics and kingdoms with invasions? Check.
Serious tone and apparently some of the staff from FFXII? Also check.

To be honest though, after having to deal with FFX and FFXIII related stuff these last few days/weeks/months (and not ina good way), FFXII and anything in its style sounds like The Beatles to my ears.

I assume you actually like The Beatles then, and aren't like my roommate who absolutely despises them and sees them as the most overrated band of all history?
#12DragoonGriffithPosted 12/27/2013 10:46:01 AM
rapius002 posted...
Actually, this reminds me more of FFXII to be honest.

Some almighty crystal? Check.
Politics and kingdoms with invasions? Check.
Serious tone and apparently some of the staff from FFXII? Also check.

To be honest though, after having to deal with FFX and FFXIII related stuff these last few days/weeks/months (and not ina good way), FFXII and anything in its style sounds like The Beatles to my ears.

I assume you actually like The Beatles then, and aren't like my roommate who absolutely despises them and sees them as the most overrated band of all history?

I wouldn't be doing music myself if it weren't for them, probably.
I grew up with them and The Byrds as a kid.
---
Currently playing: FFT, Valkyria Chronicles, ToGf, FE: Shadow Dragon
#13screptile_Posted 12/27/2013 11:03:11 AM
My hairline is receeding.
#14ManaYukaPosted 12/27/2013 11:11:37 AM
This games plot is to FFIV what FFXIII was to FFI

If FFXIII was FFI re imagined, this is basically FFIV again. Same plot basically, a crystal being stolen. Only different thing is your not Cecil stealing it, your in the kingdom with the last one. We dont know where the other ones are or for what purpose that they disappeared, but i suspect whatever ultimate villain there is acquired them already.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#15Sacred_ArfaidPosted 12/27/2013 11:11:54 AM
screptile_ posted...
My hairline is receeding.

Stop getting older.
#16Fenrir-JuubiPosted 12/27/2013 11:29:56 AM
If FF XIII was like FF I, FF XIII would be actually a good game, where things make sense and where writers don't try too hard.

If FF XV is going to be like FF IV, things will go off the rails VERY FAST.
---
"There's no such thing as a good Mary Sue, kid."
#17DragoonGriffithPosted 12/27/2013 11:32:56 AM
FFXIII being FFI reimagined makes no sense to me, and same for FFXV sounding like FFIV.
---
Currently playing: FFT, Valkyria Chronicles, ToGf, FE: Shadow Dragon
#18theofficefan99Posted 12/27/2013 11:34:46 AM
screptile_ posted...
Such a generic plot. Looks like it could have come out of a Tales game or something.

This is simply the premise. Notice how absolutely no Fabula Nova Crystallis elements were part of the premise?

And let's not forget the fact that Noctis and Stella both have the "light of expiring souls," another thing that wasn't mentioned.

Really hate it when people don't use their heads for one or two seconds and instead just whine because that's the easier alternative.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#19ManaYukaPosted 12/27/2013 11:48:57 AM(edited)
FFXIII being FFI reimagined makes no sense to me, and same for FFXV sounding like FFIV.

Maybe reimagined wasn't the right word, but the story is a blatant reboot to the series. It openly states its a the new story of the crystal or something. Its FFI all over again but vastly different.

Warriors of lights are now L'cie, Lightning is tasked to save Serah light Warriors of Light saving Sara, they encounter the various fal'cie(crystals) throughout the world

It takes the basic plot of the original game and goes in a different direction.

Same thing with this game I suspect to FFIV. It has a similar beginning, but will be widely different.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#20theofficefan99Posted 12/27/2013 1:04:17 PM
ManaYuka posted...

Maybe reimagined wasn't the right word, but the story is a blatant reboot to the series. It openly states its a the new story of the crystal or something. Its FFI all over again but vastly different.

Warriors of lights are now L'cie, Lightning is tasked to save Serah light Warriors of Light saving Sara, they encounter the various fal'cie(crystals) throughout the world

It takes the basic plot of the original game and goes in a different direction.

Same thing with this game I suspect to FFIV. It has a similar beginning, but will be widely different.

You're probably right in the sense that the ending of FFXV will have a totally crazy and different feeling from the beginning of the game.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin