If FFX-3 becomes a thing, do you think it will release before FFXV?

#1Rose_of_MayPosted 12/27/2013 4:07:25 PM
Or keep FFXV out of the spotlight?
#2Jeff ZeroPosted 12/27/2013 4:14:15 PM
Yes to the first but not the second.

In all its years since it first became clear Versus was having serious setbacks I never bothered making any predictions in the positive on whether or not it would show up at a big event, but I honestly do believe it'll make E3 2014 in a big way. That'll keep it on people's minds more than X-3, triply so if the initial (at least Western) negativity toward that potential game keeps up.
---
"Commodore? You might be daddy's little girl but I'm daddy's little angel." -PrestonStarry
http://tinyurl.com/lj5h8nj
#3Knight_AuronPosted 12/27/2013 4:17:31 PM
I don't like X- 3. I mean sin coming back pretty much ruins X. I never liked X- 2. But I deeply love the original X. Now that X is ruin. I plan to turn Yuna in to 12th Murakumo unit.

Now, Murakumo, it's time to awaken! This world is nothing but LIES LIES LIES! But don't worry... I'll show you... I'll show you the truth. The truth called DESPAIR! In the name of Susano'o. I command you! Awaken, Murakumo! No, not Murakumo - Kusanagi! The sword, the godslayer! Your blade will cut away the lies that cover this world! Let me see you try to stop me now. Master unit.
---
Toxic Berries
#4justaloser99Posted 12/27/2013 4:25:04 PM
Eh, probably. X-3 is already in development. And having just up-scaled all of FFX|X-2, they have plenty of game assets they can readily re-use, saving them a lot of work. Plus a lot of core concepts are already set in place for the world of Spira, so scenario writing/event planning and script will likely go more smoothly. That and it doesn't have the multitude of non-game related issues that XV has had since 2006.
---
Must-play games before you die: ICO, SotC, KH Series, Okami, FF4-12, Ni No Kuni, MGS Series, DmC Series, Journey, The Last of Us, Xenogears.
#5Rose_of_May(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 4:27:37 PM
Jeff Zero posted...

In all its years since it first became clear Versus was having serious setbacks I never bothered making any predictions in the positive on whether or not it would show up at a big event, but I honestly do believe it'll make E3 2014 in a big way. That'll keep it on people's minds more than X-3, triply so if the initial (at least Western) negativity toward that potential game keeps up.

I don't know what to think anymore, but I do think FFXV will be at E3...and so will FFX-3. Only the latter will come with a release window, though.

Knight_Auron posted...
I don't like X- 3. I mean sin coming back pretty much ruins X. I never liked X- 2. But I deeply love the original X. Now that X is ruin. I plan to turn Yuna in to 12th Murakumo unit

Naruto?
#6kupo1705Posted 12/27/2013 4:32:17 PM
It's not going to be a thing.
#7whatpowerPosted 12/27/2013 4:36:16 PM
kupo1705 posted...

I wish I could be this optimistic.
#8DragoonGriffithPosted 12/27/2013 4:39:37 PM
kupo1705 posted...

I'm willing to bet that this time you are in fact wrong.
---
Currently playing: FFT, Valkyria Chronicles, ToGf, FE: Shadow Dragon
#9Deva_ZanPosted 12/27/2013 5:09:44 PM
What if the sole reason for X-3's existence is to buy XV time? I do not claim that such is the case.
#10Knight_AuronPosted 12/27/2013 5:29:07 PM(edited)
Rose_of_May posted...
Jeff Zero posted...

I don't know what to think anymore, but I do think FFXV will be at E3...and so will FFX-3. Only the latter will come with a release window, though.

Knight_Auron posted...
I don't like X- 3. I mean sin coming back pretty much ruins X. I never liked X- 2. But I deeply love the original X. Now that X is ruin. I plan to turn Yuna in to 12th Murakumo unit

Naruto?

No, I hate Naruto. Well anyways

Now, Murakumo, it's time to awaken! This world is nothing but LIES LIES LIES! But don't worry. I'll show you. I'll show you the truth. The truth called DESPAIR! In the name of Susano'o, I command you! Awaken, Murakumo! No, not Murakumo - Kusanagi! The sword, the godslayer! Your blade will cut away the lies that cover this world! The Azure is Mine. Lets see if you can to stop me now master unit.

---
Toxic Berries