If FFX-3 becomes a thing, do you think it will release before FFXV?

#11DragoonGriffithPosted 12/27/2013 6:27:23 PM
Deva_Zan posted...
What if the sole reason for X-3's existence is to buy XV time? I do not claim that such is the case.

It almost seems stupid to ask at this point, but how many more time does this freaking game need?
---
Currently playing: FFT, Valkyria Chronicles, ToGf, FE: Shadow Dragon
#12Deva_ZanPosted 12/27/2013 6:39:27 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Deva_Zan posted...
What if the sole reason for X-3's existence is to buy XV time? I do not claim that such is the case.

It almost seems stupid to ask at this point, but how many more time does this freaking game need?

By reintroducing the game at E3, the company may be acknowledging that their lease is almost up. Keep also in mind that Nomura had already intended to show off XV last year.

Some believe that XV is nowhere close to completion and will be released in 2015 at the earliest. If that were the case, X-3, if it "becomes a thing," could become SE's triple-A release for next year or early 2015. Others anticipate a release date late next year for XV. What do you say, DragoonGriffith?
#13DragoonGriffithPosted 12/27/2013 6:44:58 PM
I say 2042 at this rate.
---
Currently playing: FFT, Valkyria Chronicles, ToGf, FE: Shadow Dragon
#14FourManSevenPosted 12/27/2013 6:48:26 PM
FFX-3? Lol. If they were to make that, it would be released probably years before Final Fantasy Forever (XV).
#15CrimsonmistPosted 12/27/2013 7:10:01 PM(edited)
If it's a thing I really hope it's a prequel With Auron,Jecht, and Braska (no I don't care how obvious the quest and resolution is, more sideplot involving Yevon, Yunalesca or other entities could be added in or have long scenario's before the protagonists unite. I also don't want to hear how 'fanfictiony' it sounds after three 'XIII' games that have the scenarios that they have; or you know IV TAY being exactly what it is) and that it is followed by prequels for 3,5, and 8. (Dark Warriors, Dawn Warriors and Laguna's team respectively). :B
---
I might make this my sig...
#16Sacred_ArfaidPosted 12/27/2013 7:09:34 PM
Crimsonmist posted...
If it's a thing I really hope it's a prequel With Auron,Jecht, and Braska

It won't be. Ask about the audio drama.
#17CrimsonmistPosted 12/27/2013 7:10:52 PM
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
Crimsonmist posted...
If it's a thing I really hope it's a prequel With Auron,Jecht, and Braska

It won't be. Ask about the audio drama.

Can you tell me about the audio drama for a Japanese product I don't have and my lack of willingness to look up information?
---
#18Deva_ZanPosted 12/27/2013 7:15:42 PM
Crimsonmist posted...
Can you tell me about the audio drama for a Japanese product I don't have and my lack of willingness to look up information?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/68185604
#19Sacred_ArfaidPosted 12/27/2013 7:16:47 PM
Crimsonmist posted...

Some dude from the LR board posted...
There's an Audio Drama after FFX-2 HD, which roughly translates to this:

Basically, the kids narrating the video serve under Baralai, who is now head of the comittee that runs Spira, or something. New Yevon was disbanded. Baralai has sent them to give Yuna a sphere because he needs her help. On their way to Besaid, they meet Tidus and notice he’s very tired even though he tries to hide it before the crowd.

When they get to the village, they meet Lulu (who is now mayor) and Wakka. After a bit of bickering, Wakka takes then to the inner sanctum where Yuna is praying. The girl wonders why the hell she’s praying when there’s no Fayth. Apparently, there’s a new…belief system? called “Yevoner” which people who are having trouble adjusting to the times follow. When the kids meet Yuna and hand her the sphere, it seems there’s something wrong with the Moonflow and the Schoopuffs (apparently they all went extinct after Sin’s disaster, but the sphere shows two schoopuffs when there’s only supposed to be one left). Yuna goes to chat with Wakka and Lu in private, and the boy wonders why the girl didn’t ask about her father, who is supposed to be Auron. Lulu overhears and says Auron isn’t the kind of guy who would never tell them if he had a child, so she doesn’t think it’s true.

Anyway, they decide to go to Bevelle, but first visit the Moonflow. The place has now turned into the Farplane, where Unsent are reuniting with the living. Yuna is hesitant to perform a sending, which is noted in the narrative, so they just move on to Bevelle and HOLY ****, Sin is alive and everyone’s freaking out. They get to safety and then overhear a convo between Tidus and Yuna, where Yuna says she’s in love with someone Tidus doesn’t know. The boy (the narrator’s friend) also says he’s in love with someone else, so they slpit up. Not sure what this was about. The girl runs back to Besaid and overhears Tidus inquiring Lulu about Yuna’s new love, but all Lulu says is “you should know Yuna better by now”. Basically, the implication is she doesn’t want to get him involved. Narrator girl and Tidus head to Luca (or Bevelle?) where Yuna is, because Tidus “promised to always be with her” and stumble onto Yuna’s public speech.

"I will defeat Sin. I must defeat Sin."
#20CrimsonmistPosted 12/27/2013 7:16:53 PM
Deva_Zan posted...
Crimsonmist posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/68185604

Thanks, I'm glad we are having another FF IV TAY equivalent.

By which I mean livid.
---