I'm so scared for Final Fantasy XV's plot now (FFX audio drama + 2.5 spoilers)

#1theofficefan99Posted 12/31/2013 11:58:49 AM
I used to have a good amount of faith in Nojima, but after the FFX audio drama and 2.5 novel spoilers? Hell no.

He completely destroyed Tidus and Yuna, making them act way out of character and injecting extremely poorly-written teenage love drama you'd expect from Twilight or Degrassi, and then proceeded to erase any progression made in X and X-2 by reviving Sin.

And the novel...? All of a sudden the universe of Final Fantasy X has a tone similar to Drakengard, with Tidus' head being blown off and Yuna having sex with a deceased Tidus to turn him into an Aeon. So there's necrophilia and pedophilia (Yunalesca and Bahamut) in FFX's universe now.

So even if Final Fantasy XV's original story is somewhat good, I'm fully expecting the sequels/prequels/whatever to completely **** all over XV's story.

Anyone else agree?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2SugarFlakesPosted 12/31/2013 12:01:57 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
All of a sudden the universe of Final Fantasy X has a tone similar to Drakengard, with Tidus' head being blown off and Yuna having sex with a deceased Tidus to turn him into an Aeon. So there's necrophilia and pedophilia (Yunalesca and Bahamut) in FFX's universe now.
...I'm sorry what?
---
Fav Games: Star Ocean 3 & 4, Fire Emblem PoR, VP2, KH1, KH2, FF5, FF8, FF12
Fav FF characters: Bartz, Squall, Zidane, Laguna, Noel, Balthier, Kain, Snow
#3ExtremeLightPosted 12/31/2013 12:05:42 PM
No because I have faith in the KH series (minus the time travel) and I'm sure Nomura wouldn't allow this BS in his games.

Also I'm reserving my judgment for X-3. I mean sure Nojima wrote a story but in my experience a book is almost always different than a movie/game. Also I'm waiting till the official translation because I'm sure some things are lost in translation.

Of course we have the basics:

-Two new characters
-Yevon as a religion is back
-Yuna is FFX Yuna basically and think X-2 Yuna was out of her character- "Bad Dream"
-Sin is back
-"Daughter" of Auron
-Tidus is some sort of... pseudo-
-Their relationship in tumor.

The only thing that is downright stupid is the romance and the reconning of X-2's Yuna imo
---
Oh you thought FF13 was the worst? Nope, it's FFX-3 and it haven't even been confirmed yet LMAO
#4ExtremeLightPosted 12/31/2013 12:07:24 PM
SugarFlakes posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
All of a sudden the universe of Final Fantasy X has a tone similar to Drakengard, with Tidus' head being blown off and Yuna having sex with a deceased Tidus to turn him into an Aeon. So there's necrophilia and pedophilia (Yunalesca and Bahamut) in FFX's universe now.
...I'm sorry what?

He fell for the BS rumor that a summoner have to have sex with a dead sarcifie for them to become a fayth/aeon. In other words, Seymour had sex with his mother. Now does that even seem remotely believable to you?
---
Oh you thought FF13 was the worst? Nope, it's FFX-3 and it haven't even been confirmed yet LMAO
#5TehAssasinPosted 12/31/2013 12:13:05 PM
officefan, keep in mind that a lot of those are still speculation, especially the part about Yuna making love to Tidus's dead body.

Also, the X-2.5 and -Will- was tied to X-2's good/perfect ending. Read this. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/68224447

For XV's plot, thankfully we still have Akiyama to control the script. Hopefully he could salvage Nojima's insanity if he ever written one there.

Though truth be told, after playing FFXV, I likely wouldn't care for the sequels, unless XV is so good I want to have it. So they do make crazy sequel like X-3 for XV, I might take it with a pinch of salt.

Now what I don't mind is a drakengard-like plot for FFXV. Since it's a fresh start, everything is new. As long as there's better writing, it can still work out well hopefully. It all depends on how much involvement Jun Akiyama had on the script now. If it was like FFXII, then we're safe, kinda.
#6theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 12:21:26 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
SugarFlakes posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
...I'm sorry what?

He fell for the BS rumor that a summoner have to have sex with a dead sarcifie for them to become a fayth/aeon. In other words, Seymour had sex with his mother. Now does that even seem remotely believable to you?

It's still unclear whom exactly has sex with whom to create an Aeon, but there is sex involved in creating an Aeon, and apparently Yuna did have sex with Tidus, who is now made out of pyreflies.

And yeah, I highly doubt most of this stuff is a rumor. Everyone thought we were "falling for BS" with the audio drama's revelations when they were 100% true. Don't call it BS just because it sounds ridiculous... it's Square Enix.

The Japanese reviews state that the novel has a lot of sexual content and gore and this fits right in.

I think we should both refrain from accusing eachother from being too cynical/gullible/what-have-you until everything's confirmed to be 100% true, but so far... things are pointing towards me being right.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#7ExtremeLightPosted 12/31/2013 12:24:41 PM
This sex thing is just too much and would never make it to the game. Even if it's true they will have to recton it to make it a spiritual connection because having sex with children is absurb and this whole thing make no sense for lesbian sex. I think it's a BS rumor most likely lost in translation.
---
#8theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 12:25:32 PM
http://www.amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/4757541570

If you look at these reviews you can tell the users feel bad for Tidus (meaning the bomb thing is most likely true) and pretty much all the reviews are complaining about the novel being overly-sexual and gruesome.
---
#9Rose_of_MayPosted 12/31/2013 12:26:51 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
SugarFlakes posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
...I'm sorry what?

It's still unclear whom exactly has sex with whom to create an Aeon, but there is sex involved in creating an Aeon, and apparently Yuna did have sex with Tidus, who is now made out of pyreflies.

And yeah, I highly doubt most of this stuff is a rumor. Everyone thought we were "falling for BS" with the audio drama's revelations when they were 100% true. Don't call it BS just because it sounds ridiculous... it's Square Enix.

The Japanese reviews state that the novel has a lot of sexual content and gore and this fits right in.

I think we should both refrain from accusing eachother from being too cynical/gullible/what-have-you until everything's confirmed to be 100% true, but so far... things are pointing towards me being right.

If this is accurate and is the lead up to X-3, I'm going to change my stance on the sequel. SE has a right to do whatever they want with its characters and games, but I really don't have to like or support it.
#10theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 12:28:29 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
This sex thing is just too much and would never make it to the game. Even if it's true they will have to recton it to make it a spiritual connection because having sex with children is absurb and this whole thing make no sense for lesbian sex. I think it's a BS rumor most likely lost in translation.

I don't see how "spiritual connection" can be mistranslated as "sex," but we'll see. It's honestly not that far-fetched considering how awful the audio drama and the rest of the stuff we've heard about the novel has been.

I dunno. This sounds more like Drakengard and less like Final Fantasy X.
---