I bet that princess you wind up fighting is going to join your team.

#51slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 9:44:27 PM
On a side note does anyone here know if other people have the power to close your topics besides you? One of my topics closed on its own so I was wondering.
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#52ExtremeLightPosted 1/22/2014 9:48:57 PM
slaterastle posted...
On a side note does anyone here know if other people have the power to close your topics besides you? One of my topics closed on its own so I was wondering.

The mods can close or delete your topic. Also if it get too old or reach 500 it will automatically close.
---
Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable.~Noctis (FFXV)
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 4, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, GTA5
#53grand_kaizerPosted 1/22/2014 11:45:46 PM
This isn't a love story, and just being in love doesn't mean you can just shirk your duties to your kingdom and piss off for a fling. Even if it's the mythical true love you're touting, leaving a nation in crisis over a woman would make Noctis a terrible person. That's abandoning tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of lives for the possibility that maybe he and Stella would be happy if they both abandon their respective lands, titles, friends, allies, and citizens.

Doing that is not an example of true love winning. Doing that is an example of two lovestruck fools damning their homes to destruction in the name of passion.

We don't know why they are enemies, but it is explicitly stated already that they're not enemies by choice: for the good of their own people, their homes, families and people, or even simply because the gods are fickle and they want to see blood, these two are destined to do battle. I mean hell, in the first World War do you know what the soldiers did on Christmas? They played sports. With the opposing troops. That right there is an example of the huge chasm between fighting someone for your homeland and fighting someone because they're evil, but in the end both sides went back to killing each other once they were on the clock again.

And as morbid as it is, that to me strikes far more human notes than something soppy about the power of love conquering nations, because the world just ain't that fluffy. I am far more interested in seeing Stella appear throughout the game and every time wondering whether this time she'll offer the party help, or whether it will be another clash. Hell, I even want her to win sometimes, just so if we do wind up fighting her multiple times it doesn't start to feel too one-sided.

You know what? I don't even necessarily want her to die. I just don't want to see something as molasses as "love can defy fate" as one of the central themes for "a fantasy based on reality". Especially not when it's supposed to be a tragedy, not a comedy.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#54slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 12:40:06 AM
Well I guess they closed it then, what a shame. I wasn't breaking any rules except for the one message that got deleted over the 10 year old one word spoiler.

Anyway yeah maybe it would make Noctis a terrible person. Maybe that would be interesting. Maybe his whole nation would see him as the villain. Maybe he would help her kingdom rip his own apart. Maybe he would be punished for it. Maybe it would be interesting.

But I do see what you mean. I think both nations need the crystal and can't share so they fight over it. I just think having her on your team would be cool. I am very interested to see what happens. I just don't want a sausage fest.
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#55grand_kaizerPosted 1/23/2014 7:09:03 PM
Well you're obviously not the only one around. I'm fine with an all-male party though, because we've had a couple of all-female parties before and in general if it fits the narrative then I have no problem with it. I'm more offended by shoehorning characters in to please people who cry race or gender discrimination for no good reason than I am when a cast is all of a single denomination or sex. As long as it makes sense for that to be the case and there's adequate justification, then go absolutely nuts for all I care.
---
#56slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 4:11:13 AM
Besides 10-2?
---
#57grand_kaizerPosted 1/24/2014 6:25:45 AM
It fit the narrative. Unfortunately the narrative, and a lot of other things, were bad anyway.
---
#58slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 5:59:02 PM
Therefore all women was bad?

And all men will be different?
---
#59cs72Posted 1/24/2014 6:29:14 PM
slaterastle posted...
Well I guess they closed it then, what a shame. I wasn't breaking any rules except for the one message that got deleted over the 10 year old one word spoiler.

Anyway yeah maybe it would make Noctis a terrible person. Maybe that would be interesting. Maybe his whole nation would see him as the villain. Maybe he would help her kingdom rip his own apart. Maybe he would be punished for it. Maybe it would be interesting.

But I do see what you mean. I think both nations need the crystal and can't share so they fight over it. I just think having her on your team would be cool. I am very interested to see what happens. I just don't want a sausage fest.

It doesn't matter. The game isn't about having pretty cast members that you want to go out with.
#60DrakoVongola1Posted 1/24/2014 7:48:41 PM
slaterastle posted...
Therefore all women was bad?

And all men will be different?

Obviously it'll be different, because this game is being worked on by different people.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.