What does SE have for the next 2 years....

#1ValorZraykPosted 1/22/2014 3:11:49 PM
Early 2014:
LR
Bravely Default
FFXHD

Late 2014-Early 2015
KH2.5
Theatrythm 2
Bravely Default 2

Something from Eidos. I'm not aware of any games that they've announced or how many dev teams they have, but I assume there will be at least one game in the next two years.

iOS and FFXIV updates throughout.

Is it just me or is that not enough to sustain the company off of. I know SE won't go bankrupt with a year or two lull, but companies (the size of SE) try to have a steady stream income.

All this is assuming FFXV comes out in late 2015. If it doesn't come out until 2016 like that one firm suggests then this is even more of a problem.
---
FFXIII has the best menu-based combat system I have ever seen. How anyone can think it has "no depth" is beyond me.
#2theofficefan99Posted 1/22/2014 3:15:45 PM
I doubt it'll be out later than Q3 2015, if even that. Guess we'll see at E3 this year.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3ValorZrayk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 3:39:49 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I doubt it'll be out later than Q3 2015

*Crosses fingers*

The thing is we don't really know exactly when it entered full development, and how much was done before then. We know that development picked up at certain times, but considering we don't know where it was originally at that doesn't mean much. All we can say for certain is that as of E3 2013 it was in full development.
---
FFXIII has the best menu-based combat system I have ever seen. How anyone can think it has "no depth" is beyond me.
#4rapius002Posted 1/23/2014 12:24:59 PM
ValorZrayk posted...
Early 2014:
LR
Bravely Default
FFXHD

Late 2014-Early 2015
KH2.5
Theatrythm 2
Bravely Default 2

Something from Eidos. I'm not aware of any games that they've announced or how many dev teams they have, but I assume there will be at least one game in the next two years.

iOS and FFXIV updates throughout.

Is it just me or is that not enough to sustain the company off of. I know SE won't go bankrupt with a year or two lull, but companies (the size of SE) try to have a steady stream income.

All this is assuming FFXV comes out in late 2015. If it doesn't come out until 2016 like that one firm suggests then this is even more of a problem.

Bravely Default 1 has finished development last year and is being localized by Nintendo, not SE, therefore shouldn't be on this list.

Eidos Montreal is working on Thief and a next-gen Deus Ex game. I/O is working on a next-gen Hitman. Crystal Dynamics is working on a next-gen Tomb Raider reboot sequel, as well as the Definitive Edition of the reboot. Square-Enix Montreal is working on mobile games. Also, Nosgoth game is in the works by Eidos.
#5ExtremeLightPosted 1/23/2014 12:28:43 PM
ValorZrayk posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I doubt it'll be out later than Q3 2015

*Crosses fingers*

The thing is we don't really know exactly when it entered full development, and how much was done before then. We know that development picked up at certain times, but considering we don't know where it was originally at that doesn't mean much. All we can say for certain is that as of E3 2013 it was in full development.

We do know. They announced it around 2011 that it was in Full Development.
---
Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable.~Noctis (FFXV)
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 4, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, GTA5
#6TehAssasinPosted 1/23/2014 11:22:35 PM(edited)
List of games they could make/publish (only includes Japan side):

FFXII Remaster (PS3/PS4/Vita)
Dissidia (012) Remaster (PS3/Vita)
FFX-3 (PS3/Vita)
FFXIV: ARR expansions (PS3/PS4/PC)
FF Type-0 (PS3/Vita)
FF Agito (iOS/AND)
Theartrythm 2 (3DS)
FFV (3DS remake)
FFVI (3DS remake)
KH2.5 (PS3)
Bravely Second (3DS)
Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest I to VII (iOS/AND ports)
Dragon Quest X expansions (Wii U/PC)
Drakengard 3 (PS3)
New Saga title (3DS?)
The Last Remnant (PS3)
Chaos Ring (3DS/Vita port)
Valkyrie's Profile 3 (PS3/PS4/Vita)
#7zombie_basher13Posted 1/24/2014 3:15:26 AM
Perhaps SE will pull a MGS V and release XV in 2 or more parts?
---
Can't wait for The Great METAL GEAR SOLID V - now in two flavors.
#8ChipNoirPosted 1/24/2014 3:54:03 AM
TehAssasin posted...

FFX-3 (PS3/Vita)
FF Type-0 (PS3/Vita)
FF Agito (iOS/AND)
Theartrythm 2 (3DS)
FFV (3DS remake)
FFVI (3DS remake)
KH2.5 (PS3)
Bravely Second (3DS)
Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Dragon Quest XI
Drakengard 3 (PS3)
New Saga title (3DS?)
The Last Remnant (PS3)

I think we're more likely to see Vita 2.5D versions of the SNES games, given that Nintendo is not exactly in a good state right now. I think Square still wants good relations with Sony, and now that the vita has been out for a while, they're going to want to try to get a foothold on that market as well. Normally Square would rest on their laurels with the digital versions of the PSX classics, but they may make move for more remakes.

Personally I'd go for this anyways. I'm not keen on the 3DS. It's just not as impressive, and its not as utilitarian as the Vita. I've hardly touched mine, as outside of gaming, its borderline useless.
---
If logic were an STD, we'd have solved quite a few problems.
#9CelesColeVIPosted 1/24/2014 10:59:14 AM
^ The 3DS is easier and cheaper to develop for. They wouldn't remake FF5 and 6 on Vita. Also the Vita isn't doing too well I hear.
---
January 25th 2006, Nintendo denies that a redesigned DS is in the making.
January 26th 2006, DS Lite announced.
#10rapius002Posted 1/24/2014 12:27:11 PM
ChipNoir posted...
TehAssasin posted...

FFX-3 (PS3/Vita)
FF Type-0 (PS3/Vita)
FF Agito (iOS/AND)
Theartrythm 2 (3DS)
FFV (3DS remake)
FFVI (3DS remake)
KH2.5 (PS3)
Bravely Second (3DS)
Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Dragon Quest XI
Drakengard 3 (PS3)
New Saga title (3DS?)
The Last Remnant (PS3)

I think we're more likely to see Vita 2.5D versions of the SNES games, given that Nintendo is not exactly in a good state right now. I think Square still wants good relations with Sony, and now that the vita has been out for a while, they're going to want to try to get a foothold on that market as well. Normally Square would rest on their laurels with the digital versions of the PSX classics, but they may make move for more remakes.

Personally I'd go for this anyways. I'm not keen on the 3DS. It's just not as impressive, and its not as utilitarian as the Vita. I've hardly touched mine, as outside of gaming, its borderline useless.

The 3DS was one of, if not THE, three top-selling game.consoles this past year. It's also much cheaper to develop for. Square-Enix really loves the Vita.... Yeah, that's why we've only seen ONE release from them on it (Army Corps of Hell).

3DS, however, has Dragon Quest VII remake, a new Dragon Quest Monsters remake, Theathrhythm 2, Heroes of Ruin, KH: 3D, and several more.