Will FFXVI ever see the light of the day before 2020?

#1Agent_Riot_Posted 1/22/2014 4:42:28 PM
FFXV looks decent enough, but how long does it take yet to come out? Sequels are not explicit announced but hinted at. So it's not impossible to see a FFXV "saga" on the PS4/XOne and not a single other FF coming out on those platforms.

Anticipating FFXV for like 8 years grows tiring and makes me wish for a fresh main entry, mainly FFXVI.

Will we ever see FFXVI coming out current gen?
#2ExtremeLightPosted 1/22/2014 4:50:11 PM
Yes. They'll just reuse aspect of FFXV and put them in there OR start pre-development without announcing it and making the game from the ground up.

Potentially we're looking at the "Versus EPIC" + FFX-3 + FFXVI with FFXIV already out... If SE become more competent.
---
Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable.~Noctis (FFXV)
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 4, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, GTA5
#3Agent_Riot_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 4:53:35 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Yes. They'll just reuse aspect of FFXV and put them in there OR start pre-development without announcing it and making the game from the ground up.

Potentially we're looking at the "Versus EPIC" + FFX-3 + FFXVI with FFXIV already out... If SE become more competent.

Your post makes no sense, sorry.

Please put me on ignore. I really dislike you.
---
I hope FFXVI has a good team and concept.
#4ExtremeLightPosted 1/22/2014 4:56:30 PM
Agent_Riot_ posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

...What didn't you get? What had I said to bring about your dislike?
---
Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable.~Noctis (FFXV)
#5Deva_ZanPosted 1/22/2014 5:08:36 PM
In other words:

Yes, if Square Enix become more competent, they may develop and release FFXVI before the year 2020 comes to pass. For XVI, the company will either reuse XV's assets or develop the game "from the ground up." [Editor's note: If the latter is true, then I sincerely hope that SQEX have already started doing so.]

SE's 8th generation output may include the Versus Epic, along with X-3 and XVI. XIV will have already been released for quite some time.
#6PainsPerceptionPosted 1/22/2014 5:19:35 PM
Ashley Riot...
did you get banned again?
T_T what did you do this time?
---
Now Playing: Lightning Returns: FFXIII, Chaos Rings 2 and FFX International
Official SARDINE of ALL FF boards
#7ExtremeLightPosted 1/22/2014 5:36:15 PM
PainsPerception posted...
Ashley Riot...
did you get banned again?
T_T what did you do this time?

OHhhhhh That explain her personal backlash.
---
#8Agent_Riot_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2014 5:44:07 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Agent_Riot_ posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

...What didn't you get? What had I said to bring about your dislike?

I beg of you troll, leave me be. This is a serious topic. Stop trolling me and go.
---
I hope FFXVI has a good team and concept.
#9DrakoVongola1Posted 1/22/2014 6:02:23 PM
I am confused, why is TC being all mean and stuff to Light?
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#10ExtremeLightPosted 1/22/2014 7:38:19 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
I am confused, why is TC being all mean and stuff to Light?

If it is "Ashley Riot" she's probably sore about me because she was an obvious troll. I believe she was the one who was like 1Truth "Ito for FFXVI" buddy. Though that might as been Ashy_Nuts. Not sure. I do know she was a troll.
---