FF Needs to bring back its charm.

#1Noctis2343Posted 2/22/2014 1:26:27 PM
Granted ff14 has charm, and 12 has Balthier, I think it's been far too long without the charming dialogue and banter that the older ff games are known for. I'm talkin Laguna getting leg cramps, Zidane touching Garnet's butt, and Tidus making terrible laugh noises charm. I feel like it's something people look over as a major ff factor.

Look at the 13 saga, completely devoid of charm and a sore spot with fans. If Noctis and prompto are really as they're said to be, I have high hopes for this game charming the fan base.

Idk, maybe I just miss laughing or smiling at dialogue.

P.s. The tongue stick out scene in the trailer is a little funny, hopefully there's more of that.
#2gamewarrior88Posted 2/22/2014 1:33:09 PM
Agreed. Those kind of scenes have definitely been absent of late. There are plenty of things FF could use to get it back on track, but one definitely has to be giving characters a form of identity. Charisma and charm can definitely help.
---
In this world, there was supposed to be only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1
#3Elice_CarolPosted 2/22/2014 1:47:00 PM(edited)
We need another Laguna. That man is a miracle of the universe. I remember when Duodecim was announced, and there were major wars arguing over whether Rinoa or Seifer should be the next VIII representative. However, when Laguna was announced instead, there was unanimous joy for both sides, who earlier admitted that Laguna would be their second choice. Wasn't he the most used of the newcomers?

He is a beloved man, cherished and respected by all. If SE goes beyond the impossible and achieves a similar feat with any of XV's characters, we're right on the money to getting FF back on track.
---
"I don't have a heart. I sold it for beer." - ValcristPL(s)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C5_VbK6VCo
#4ExtremeLightPosted 2/22/2014 1:46:53 PM
I thought Fang would be the type of gal that have that charm? Or was she not funny enough?
---
Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable.~Noctis
"You know what I am, and you know what I want."~Lightning
#5Noctis2343(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 1:52:51 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
I thought Fang would be the type of gal that have that charm? Or was she not funny enough?

Yeah I guess she had a little charm but she was a little cold too.
#6Gamegeek123Posted 2/22/2014 1:54:30 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
We need another Laguna. That man is a miracle of the universe. I remember when Duodecim was announced, and there were major wars arguing over whether Rinoa or Seifer should be the next VIII representative. However, when Laguna was announced instead, there was unanimous joy for both sides, who earlier admitted that Laguna would be their second choice. Wasn't he the most used of the newcomers?

He is a beloved man, cherished and respected by all. If SE goes beyond the impossible and achieves a similar feat with any of XV's characters, we're right on the money to getting FF back on track.

The only tolerable character of FFVIII's garbage cast
---
Still better than FFIX
#7IightningzPosted 2/22/2014 1:56:12 PM
Elice_Carol posted...

No, we all know who is the most used of the newcomers in Duodecim :>

I don't see any of the current cast carrying a personality similar to his at the moment, though.
---
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
Tumblr: http://raitningz.tumblr.com/
#8gamewarrior88Posted 2/22/2014 1:59:45 PM
Fang was charming?? ...Wow, that's news to me. She seemed to be just as cold or detached as the rest of the cast. Sazh was more compelling than her, and that's saying much. But hey, might just be personal taste.
---
In this world, there was supposed to be only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1
#9DanahellPosted 2/22/2014 2:02:15 PM
I think they attempted to bring that charm with Sazh...it's just that he didn't click with many fans it seems.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#10Noctis2343(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 2:04:00 PM
gamewarrior88 posted...
Fang was charming?? ...Wow, that's news to me. She seemed to be just as cold or detached as the rest of the cast. Sazh was more compelling than her, and that's saying much. But hey, might just be personal taste.

Think they were commenting on her sarcastic remarks, not sure though.