Would anyone else prefer a more classic medieval themed FF16?

#1bluemagic221Posted 4/6/2014 4:54:34 AM
Such as FF4/5 and FF9? I would love to see a game of ff9 feel with full blown ps4 graphics and gameplay. I just love knights and stuff like that...what do you think?
#2PainsPerceptionPosted 4/6/2014 6:28:05 AM
I want them to but there's only so much you can do with a medieval setting before you just start repeating things you've done in previous games.

I loved the world in ffix. In my opinion, non-mmo FF games won't get much more medieval than that for years to come. They have gravitated to sci-fi and modern settings big time since ffvii.
---
Official and Undisputed DIVINE PROTECTOR, LORD AND SAVIOUR of the FFXV board.
#3SoVEoCLoCKPosted 4/6/2014 8:24:30 AM
bluemagic221 posted...
Such as FF4/5 and FF9? I would love to see a game of ff9 feel with full blown ps4 graphics and gameplay. I just love knights and stuff like that...what do you think?

Me too, TC. I super want that.
#4theofficefan99Posted 4/6/2014 8:26:59 AM
Well after XIV's generic-ass medieval setting it's safe to say I don't want any more medieval settings. Sci-fi/modern/steampunk/etc.>>>medieval any day.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5theofficefan99Posted 4/6/2014 8:27:41 AM
PainsPerception posted...
I want them to but there's only so much you can do with a medieval setting before you just start repeating things you've done in previous games.

I loved the world in ffix. In my opinion, non-mmo FF games won't get much more medieval than that for years to come. They have gravitated to sci-fi and modern settings big time since ffvii.

Great thing IMO, and I hope they keep it that way.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6ThamauturgePosted 4/6/2014 8:32:38 AM
People always forget that FFXII was basically fantasy medieval in the same vein as FFIX. I wouldn't doubt that we'll see another medieval FF game. Both settings can be done very well, though, so I don't really care what they choose.
---
Favorite games: FFXII International, FF Tactics WOTL, Super Smash Bros Melee, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Silent Hill 2
PSN: Thamauturge
#7SoraisRikuPosted 4/6/2014 8:49:47 AM
I was under the impression that FFXV was going to be somewhat medieval with the whole kingdoms thing. FFXII is the first thing I think of when FFXV plot come up.
#8PurestProdigyPosted 4/6/2014 9:00:55 AM
I want them to go the opposite way. Next ff should be Deep Space imo
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#9mistermikeymikePosted 4/6/2014 9:23:44 AM
Modern>everything.

Midgar in HD will blow yourmind
---
RIP ExtremeLight
#10yosimba2000Posted 4/6/2014 10:49:17 AM
just make it a fantasy without too many current-world elements and I'll be fine.