Are there really no female playable characters...?

#1McLaheyPosted 5/18/2014 2:29:31 AM
Sounds like they're taking 1 step forward and two steps back. The XIII trilogy being female dominated was a welcome change from the usual silent male protagonist trope to me. I understand if they didn't wanna have 4 consecutive games be female led, but to go from that to none at all? I'm a little less hyped for this game now. And it doesn't look like there's many females outside the playable characters (besides the love interest, big shocker there) either, but I haven't looked into this game too much so who knows. Fingers crossed they'll balance it out and have some more equal representation.
---
Scott McCall is better than you
#2Electric_TigerPosted 5/18/2014 2:30:24 AM
Lightning will be there, trust me.

Also, I am better than Scott McCall.
---
I, for one, hope that Lightning will make an appearance in FFXV.
It will be a nice way to give the frustrated fans the "female they want so much.
#3McLahey(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 2:36:02 AM
They've stated several times that the two universes share similarities about mythology or w/e but that they aren't in the same environment or with the same characters so I think we can rule that out...besides I think "Lightning Returns Returns" might be a little repetitive, as much as I love her.

And lol sorry but no one is better than my bae
---
#4Humanoid_SharksPosted 5/18/2014 2:36:17 AM
Equality is a myth. Getting upset over the gender of your characters in a fantasy video game is just silly. You make it sound like SE cut all of their female employees wages and forced them to use a separate water fountain.

Besides, its FF. I'm sure the male characters will be radiating with enough estrogen to make it barely noticeable.
---
''In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.''
-Hunter S. Thompson
#5Electric_TigerPosted 5/18/2014 2:39:20 AM
McLahey posted...
They've stated several times that the two universes share similarities about mythology or w/e but that they aren't in the same environment or with the same characters so I think we can rule that out...besides I think "Lightning Returns Returns" might be a little repetitive, as much as I love her.

And lol sorry but no one is better than my bae

I am.
---
I, for one, hope that Lightning will make an appearance in FFXV.
It will be a nice way to give the frustrated fans the "female they want so much.
#6McLahey(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 2:40:23 AM
I still think that's a pretty poor excuse for a 5:0 male lead in an inherently patriarchal society. All the other games have been fairly balanced so why take a turn now? I mean can you think of any reason why they should all be men?

And have you seen the characters? Maybe Noctus and Pronto or whatever have that going on but the rest seem pretty manly to me.
---
#7orochimaruPosted 5/18/2014 3:15:11 AM
I'm pretty much sure that female members will comes in the crew. We won't just have the 5 budies. Especially after the "no female" incident last year. Nomura and Co have I'm pretty sure corrected the scenario for this and will add Stella, and maybe black haired girl to the team.

They did it for 2 final fantasy already (changing the scenario in the middle of dev that is) killing Aerith 1st, and I don't remember what was changed in FF10...
#8McLahey(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 4:15:49 AM
Hopefully that's the case. It seems odd that if they were going to add another character to the list they haven't released that info already, considering the game is coming out later this year. I'm pretty positive Stella won't be playable (I don't want to post spoilers but you can see why on the Final Fantasy Wiki), but yeah, maybe that other girl will be playable, at least partially.
---
#9NoctionusPosted 5/18/2014 4:22:05 AM
Hahaha.... Noctus & Pronto. xd
---
Why is practicing satanism bad? people should be able to worship what they want. Which is why I worship Square Enix
#10AdalwulfyPosted 5/18/2014 4:24:01 AM
Bromance is one of the worst things ever, whether it's real life or games.
So yeah, I hope this game will have playable females anyway, even if it doesn't seem that way now.
---
Favorite RPGs of all time: Phantasy Star IV, Lunar EBC, Baldur's Gate SoA, FFVI, DQV&VII, Fallout 2, Tales of Rebirth, LoH Series.