So Monolith announced X last year.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. So Monolith announced X last year.
1 year ago#41
KOTRsss posted...
And this year they featured a playable demo at E3, as well as a release time frame.

SE has been working on FFXV for 8 years.

#lolsquareenix

And X looks like a PS2 game.
1 year ago#42
What I don't understand is the people who continuously try to defend SE's actions regarding FFXV, by saying stuff like: "this and that game from SE (XIII sequels, KH, Type-0 HD) is to hold us over till FFXV, so be patient" or other such ****.

It's like people are masochists. 8+ years isn't good enough for you?
---
Favorite RPGs of all time: Phantasy Star IV, Lunar EBC, Baldur's Gate SoA, FFVI, DQV&VII, Fallout 2, Tales of Rebirth, LoH Series.
1 year ago#43
Capcom has similarly confusing apologists. Hilarious how they rationalize new SF4 editions sold at full retail for a couple of new characters and some balance tweaks.
---
FC: 0989 - 2566 - 4406 IGN: Michael
Guild Member and Co-Founder of Kyogre's Cascade on the Pokemon XY boards.
1 year ago#44
Square has issues. FFXV is one of them. There has to be a large internal problem. Acting all proud while they know they're in deep $#**.

Type-0 HD is a mildly pleasant suprise whatsoever.
---
I'm Chuck Bass. 88' / Musician / Mobile / It's allright because im saved by the bell.
1 year ago#45
Atlus and Monolith are much better than SE nowadays. I prefer they cancel the game than make the fanbase wait for nothing.
---
Sora is a magical girl.
1 year ago#46
Adalwulfy posted...
Aadiboy2 posted...
To be fair, X has much worse graphics than FFXV.

You are everything that's wrong with gamers.

No he's not. Thing about graphics is the better they are the better they are. There's no way to spin it.lol
There's simply no reason nintendo should be charging the same amount of money as other companies when their games are being made on a Indie level budget, they should start selling them as downloadable titles for $10 a pop.
1 year ago#47
Izraeil posted...
Adalwulfy posted...
Aadiboy2 posted...

You are everything that's wrong with gamers.

No he's not. Thing about graphics is the better they are the better they are. There's no way to spin it.lol
There's simply no reason nintendo should be charging the same amount of money as other companies when their games are being made on a Indie level budget, they should start selling them as downloadable titles for $10 a pop.

This is one of the most ridiculous things i have heard. Are you just trolling?
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
1 year ago#48
Aadiboy2 posted...

And it will probably be a better game and so will X3 when it inevitably releases before FF XV also.

Pretty graphics make for shallow RPGS if last gen is anything to go by.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
1 year ago#49
MetalKeiya posted...
KOTRsss posted...
And this year they featured a playable demo at E3, as well as a release time frame.

SE has been working on FFXV for 8 years.

#lolsquareenix

Granted, they had to build for PS3, get held back because of no funding, then get scrapped to switch to PS4, and actually started development 3 years ago... plus we don't really know when Monolith started on X...

Plus I'm not sure if the framework the Wii U uses is the same as Wii, thereby making it much easier for Monolith to transition to working on Wii U compared to the FF team, who's been developing all this time on PS3 hardware, and then had to switch over to a DirectX11-based platform and thus hard to hire people who actually know those things and fire staff they didn't need because they only knew PS3 development...

Not to mention Square Enix had to develop the Luminous engine along with XV because they are still sick and still believe graphics trump gameplay, and we'll forgive them as long as they show us shiny pretty visuals...

But yes, to the untrained and unfamiliar eye, yes, that's summary is summarily perfect.

So, you're saying they could've saved time and money if they simply kept it on PS3?
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
1 year ago#50
wheresatari posted...
So, you're saying they could've saved time and money if they simply kept it on PS3?

If the question is "could they have?", then yes, the last Versus trailer in 2011 showed what game play would have looked like on PS3. Versus would have recycled XIII assets and Crystal Tools, and they'll have spent a fraction of the cost of developing a new FF.

If the question is "should they have?", I'm not really sure. The two trailer of XV we do have put forward a very compelling defense: comparing the Versus gameplay to the XV gameplay, you can really see the difference in effects that can be on the screen, the size of maps, the ability to traverse through those maps, as well as overall improved visual fidelity. Suddenly, Versus on PS3 looks and feels gimped compared to XV footage. So it really depends on if you're ok with the old Versus footage, or you're in board with XV.

And oh, don't get me wrong; I'm still absolutely mad that XV and KH3 are not at E3, but if you have dev friends who can give you a bit of insight and context (remember, SE really dropped the ball during the 7th gen), it makes sense why they did what they did (even though it really speaks volumes to how irresponsible PDD1 is).

@KOTRsss: yes, totally agree that their behavior is just epic lol. I thought Matsuda said they'd stop being so secretive?
---
These boards are a prime example of Why The Fandom Can't Have Nice Things.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. So Monolith announced X last year.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived