FF Type-0 HD will be a benchmark for FFXV...

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. FF Type-0 HD will be a benchmark for FFXV...
1 year ago#1
After years of waiting, finally SE did something for the fans. Finally FFType-0 gonna be localized, it's sad it's not on PSVita.

SE is one of my favorite companies, and lately they made so many bad management decisions.

After thinking about Square situation, and seeing they overcome the development hell last gen, they are really screw*d, there is so much expectation on the FFXV, it's the first FF in the mainline to adopt full action game mechanics, it's comprehensive they are postponing informations of FFXV, sincerely this game will define if SE will maintain the company name relevant in gaming industry.

Square really needs to play safe, almost all others companies are making sequels of games, annual games and not innovating at all, when SE do it too to adapt to this reality, people degrade call them greedy. Japan changed, mobile is the focus, japanese companies are adapting to this, but somehow they are trying to give western fans some attention. Come on it's miracle they localized Drakengard 3, but in this case probably it's only localized because they don't have anything significant to release in mid 2014 year.

Btw, the point is, I think type-0 have many design choices/gameplay mechanics that are really similar with what FFXV is proposing, but in FFXV will have predominant KH action gimmicks aesthetics. So, type-0 will work as a benchmark for the western fan reaction over a total FF action game and will be testing the reception of the fans over another interpretation of fabula nova crystallis mythos. Type-0 will give them notion of their influence on new gen. Depending of the result of the sales, feedback and the overall reception, hopefully they will use this for upgrading FFXV.

Just my two cents, but fellow gamers you think like me? I'm really apprehensive, because after the fan translation I already read some people sh*tting over type-0 history because the similar terms related with FFXIII mythos (I'cie and etc.)
---
Official Kuja of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
"Curtains Rise!!!!! Here comes the Finale!!!!!"
1 year ago#2
Not really a benchmark for graphics, since Type-0 HD will be an upscale of a PSP game, whereas XV is gonna be made on the Luminous Engine.

Also, well, remember that XIII, Type-0 and XV were all once just known collectively as "Final Fantasy XIII", or "Fabula Nova Crystallis". The idea was that they all had roughly the same mythos while having different stories and worlds (just like FF in general shares chocobos and airshops and doods names Cid). Having similar concepts was the point, and gameplay was the difference.

And, well, Type-0 HD is a sort of peace offering in more than one way: it allowed SE to bring Type-0 to the US without risking a huge loss (not enough PSP users compared to the surging PS4/X1 market, which might also cover any licensing issues with Bump of Chicken's producers), while at the same time placating two segments of the fanbase: those who really want Type-0 to get localized, and those who are just plain upset that XV and KH3 are not at E3.
---
These boards are a prime example of Why The Fandom Can't Have Nice Things.
1 year ago#3
Not this lame comparison again. : / Stop making these threads.
---
If logic were an STD, we'd have solved quite a few problems.
1 year ago#4
I'm pretty sure some of Type-0's elements are already being Incorporated with Tabata and others on the FFXV's project as well. Maybe the multiplayer and world map/airship will based off of Type-0.
---
Stuck in Dorter in Tactics... Fun times!
"So it is and must be for all existence..."
1 year ago#5
does anyone have a release date / estimate?

My hope :

- Auguest 2014: Type-0
-Dec 2014: FFXV
-Sep 2015: FF "classic" XVI.
JackHawk94 posted...
does anyone have a release date / estimate?

My hope :

- Auguest 2014: Type-0
-Dec 2014: FFXV
-Sep 2015: FF "classic" XVI.

You're beyond DRUNK and DELUSIONAL with your hope!
---
I have uncovered the conspiracy, now I fear for my safety... They are coming for me!
1 year ago#7
Stop making excuses for SE like an abused spouse.
---
This post tried its hardest to be polite
KOTRsss posted...

I'm glad someone is clear-headed and with some sense!

I'm not pleased with Type-0's announcement. It's a HD update of a old PSP game. God! Square-Enix can't produce new games in a timely manner anymore. Theyr'e re-updating and recycling all their old games and charging it as a NEW FULL PRICED GAME. I can't believe people are actually falling for it.

Square Knows no shame!
---
I have uncovered the conspiracy, now I fear for my safety... They are coming for me!
1 year ago#9
find no fan tar sea posted...
KOTRsss posted...

I'm glad someone is clear-headed and with some sense!

I'm not pleased with Type-0's announcement. It's a HD update of a old PSP game. God! Square-Enix can't produce new games in a timely manner anymore. Theyr'e re-updating and recycling all their old games and charging it as a NEW FULL PRICED GAME. I can't believe people are actually falling for it.

Square Knows no shame!

Boycotting has little power in entertainment unless it's on-mass. As in, E3 reactions to Xbox One DRM levels. Anything else is easily shrugged off.

Besides, people do want this game. Patches aren't a viable option for everyone else who can't read Japanese proficiently. For many of us. 40-60 dollars is worth getting our hands on a game that would cost nearly twice as much just to import, nevermind the fuss of patching. I have no idea how that process works, but I imagine it involves also modding a PSP, which isn't light stuff for amateurs.

Square's had this sitting on it's shelves for ages. I'm happy it's coming out, just for its own sakes.
---
If logic were an STD, we'd have solved quite a few problems.
1 year ago#10
find no fan tar sea posted...

Yes. How dare people who really want this game decides to endorse this insanity. We should be boycotting this game until they give us XV and release XVI in a timely manner.

I wonder what you would say if they gave us nothing at all. I mean this is something at least, the fans had been asking for, for years now.
---
Stuck in Dorter in Tactics... Fun times!
"So it is and must be for all existence..."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. FF Type-0 HD will be a benchmark for FFXV...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived