FF Type-0 HD will be a benchmark for FFXV...

#61ChipNoirPosted 6/10/2014 9:04:53 PM
Bysshe posted...
find no fan tar sea posted...
rapius002 posted...
You just defeated your own argument? If it's down to poor MANAGEMENT, then throwing more bodies at it isn't going to solve ANYTHING.

I said Square has poor management. They don't know how to manage their projects and staff properly. Yes, you're right throwing more people into the project isn't going to solve anything but it would help FF15 to be 1 step closer to finishing.

Not necessarily. Diminishing returns.

There's no indication SE don't have enough manpower working on XV. Maybe lack of competence.

Or y'know they're dealing with the usual woes of working on a brand new engine for a brand new console. I know Sony claims that the PS4 has a better developer kit potential than the PS3, but that could be like saying breaking a finger is better than breaking a hand. There's a reason why the PS3 lost a lot of third party support compared to the PS2.
---
If logic were an STD, we'd have solved quite a few problems.
#62BysshePosted 6/10/2014 9:09:36 PM
I know, I'm just riding the hate/ridicule wagon that seems popular right now.
---
Going through my backlog. In queue: Ico/SC HD (in preparation for LG).
#63find no fan tar seaPosted 6/10/2014 9:22:01 PM(edited)
rapius002 posted...
Finishing sooner with more unclear direction and a bunch of people on it might hurt its quality, just like how FFXIII became more divisive (and that also took 5 years to eventually come out, even with the more manpower thrown at it). It also means a larger budget,

Dragging the project out and long development also costs money. The quality of the game should be clear from the get go. They should have tested out the gameplay and the game's mechanism during the testing phrase before jumping in full production - which i'm sure they did, i doubt they'll greenlit a multi-million dollar budget game blindly without some demos or prototypes being done first.

The game has been in development for a VERY LOoooooooooooooooong time. If they game is a mess, it's still gonna be a mess even with more people working on it. But at least with the extra 'HELP' they can get it out of the door a bit sooner and move onto a new project instead of stuck in a limbo for god how many more years. Take a look at FF14, the first game was a mess that they had to rebuild the game from scratch. The whole FF13 saga was a mess as well, i hated the whole trilogy with a passion and trashed it countless times. You know what, when FF15 is released, i'll move on and trash or praise FF15 instead and the whole FF13 mess will be forgotten.
---
I have uncovered the conspiracy, now I fear for my safety... They are coming for me!
#64ChipNoirPosted 6/10/2014 9:26:33 PM
rapius002 posted...
Finishing sooner with more unclear direction and a bunch of people on it might hurt its quality, just like how FFXIII became more divisive (and that also took 5 years to eventually come out, even with the more manpower thrown at it). It also means a larger budget,

Dragging the project out and long development also costs money. The quality of the game should be clear from the get go. They should have tested out the gameplay and the game's mechanism during the testing phrase before jumping in full production - which i'm sure they did, i doubt they'll greenlit a multi-million dollar budget game blindly without some demos or prototypes being done first.

The game has been in development for a VERY LOoooooooooooooooong time. If they game is a mess, it's still gonna be a mess even with more people working on it. But at least with the extra 'HELP' they can get it out of the door a bit sooner and move onto a new project instead of stuck in a limbo for god how many more years. Take a look at FF14, the first game was a mess that they had to rebuild the game from scratch. The whole FF13 saga was a mess as well, i hated the whole trilogy with a passion and trashed it countless times. You know what, when FF15 is released, i'll move on and trash or praise FF15 instead and the whole FF13 mess will be forgotten.

I've been upholding the theory that the game was on hiatus for a period of time. It could afford to be since it started out as a lesser project. It's really the only thing that makes sense. When XIV went to hell, that hiatus became that much worse. Once it cleared up, suddenly XV went full steam ahead. The timing works. No money in, no money out. I'd be willing to stake a fair amount of money that the actual amount of time spent on Final Fantasy XV is 5 years so far, which isn't that unreasonable.
---
#65Seiten_TaisenPosted 6/10/2014 9:28:52 PM
KOTRsss posted...
Stop making excuses for SE like an abused spouse.

I'm glad someone is clear-headed and with some sense!

I'm not pleased with Type-0's announcement. It's a HD update of a old PSP game. God! Square-Enix can't produce new games in a timely manner anymore. Theyr'e re-updating and recycling all their old games and charging it as a NEW FULL PRICED GAME. I can't believe people are actually falling for it.

Square Knows no shame!

Except that a larger mass of people wanted Type-0, including me. If you hate SE, don't buy their products then. I'm sure most would not give a rat's ass.
#66KOTRsssPosted 6/10/2014 9:56:24 PM
BlazingRain posted...
KujasNo1Fan posted...
So, type-0 will work as a benchmark for the western fan reaction

In that case they might as well pack things up and never release a game here again, as what should've been good news has been corrupted once again by the poisonous internet and turned into an outcry.

This company can't do a single thing that'll make its supposed fans happy.

KOTRsss posted...
Stop making excuses for SE like an abused spouse.

Says the guy who argues and posts daily about a series he claims to have stopped enjoying a decade ago.

I talk about video games on a daily basis. Not all of the things I say consist of praise.

What is your point? No, seriously. What is your point? What are you trying to say?
---
This post tried its hardest to be polite
#67prototype_skyPosted 6/10/2014 10:36:04 PM
It shouldn't be much work to upgrade the assets for this game since they already have CG quality models with high polygon counts and large texture sizes used in the game's GC cutscenes and moving the architecture from PSP to PS4/Xbox should be very similar to what they had to do when creating Agito for iOS and Android.

They should be in a better place asset quality wise than they would be for games like FFX and Kingdom Hearts that were created over a decade ago. So unless their intention is to give us PS4/Xbox One quality environments and character models it should take less than a year to bring this to market.
#68donkeyjackPosted 6/10/2014 11:27:20 PM
BlazingRain is a corporate slaves and is disgusting for the industry
---
http://imgur.com/Hwg6GCx http://imgur.com/Oag0IWV http://imgur.com/Z612GMZ
http://imgur.com/aljoKDS
#69MikeDanger1Posted 6/10/2014 11:29:48 PM
Im still playing ffx to care
#70ChipNoirPosted 6/10/2014 11:42:42 PM
prototype_sky posted...
It shouldn't be much work to upgrade the assets for this game since they already have CG quality models with high polygon counts and large texture sizes used in the game's GC cutscenes and moving the architecture from PSP to PS4/Xbox should be very similar to what they had to do when creating Agito for iOS and Android.

They should be in a better place asset quality wise than they would be for games like FFX and Kingdom Hearts that were created over a decade ago. So unless their intention is to give us PS4/Xbox One quality environments and character models it should take less than a year to bring this to market.

Maybe even less than you already expect. As I recall, they had a build of Type-0 for the Vita as well. The separation between Vita and PS4 isn't as great as the PSP and PS3 was, hence the ability to cross-play.
---