LOL SE cracks me up...

#1VanilleHopenPosted 6/10/2014 9:20:00 PM
After the success of bravely default they said they were going to return to their traditional jrpg/final fantasy roots and what may you ask are their next 3 big projects??

FF XV, FF type O HD, and Kingdom hearts 3... All fricking action rpgs... LMAO.. How traditional.. All hail squienix..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#2Extreme_lightPosted 6/10/2014 9:22:54 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
After the success of bravely default they said they were going to return to their traditional jrpg/final fantasy roots and what may you ask are their next 3 big projects??

FF XV, FF type O HD, and Kingdom hearts 3... All fricking action rpgs... LMAO.. How traditional.. All hail squienix..

Two of those were already planned and Type-0 were already made before the announcement. Troll harder.
---
Stuck in Dorter in Tactics... Fun times!
"So it is and must be for all existence..."
#3JackHawk94Posted 6/10/2014 9:26:00 PM
final fantasy was never good because of its battle system, it was because of the story, the music and the volume of the world.
#4rapius002Posted 6/10/2014 9:37:09 PM
Extreme_light posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

Two of those were already planned and Type-0 were already made before the announcement. Troll harder.

Seriously. This.

Two games that were always originally planned to be action RPGs and haven't changed their course and a game that is already out getting the HD revamp treatment.

So, I guess Bravely Second doesn't count in your books. Also, the lessons learned for traditional JRPG wouldn't turn around this quick. We probably won't hear about that until next year.

Seriously, troll harder next time, VanilleHopen.
---
NES|SNES|N64|GC|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBP|GBC|GBA|GBA SP|DS|DS Lite|DSi|3DS|MS|Gen1, 2, & 3|32x|CD|Sat|DC|GG|Nomad|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP-2000|OUYA|Gaming laptop
#5Extreme_lightPosted 6/10/2014 9:39:05 PM
Though something tell me that they're not planning a return to a more traditional battle system, just the Heavy JRPG feel.
---
#6VanilleHopen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 9:43:00 PM
how is stating the facts trolling?? SE has sold out to the action rpg genre and it is a dark dark time.. I don't mind hybrids like xii, xiii xenoblade etc but full blown action is inexcusable..

ESPICALLY focusing on 3 action projects all at once.... Holy cow.. NO more thinking for any of us any time soon, lets just mindlessly press x while our keyblade/swords do the talking..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#7rapius002Posted 6/10/2014 9:43:43 PM
Extreme_light posted...
Though something tell me that they're not planning a return to a more traditional battle system, just the Heavy JRPG feel.

Yeah... no one seems to pick up on that, I've noticed. They never once said "traditional battle system". I would like if they did for a few games, but not once did they say it. They said "traditional JRPG". You know what's also a traditional JRPG? The Mana series, Star Ocean series, Tales of series, etc.

You know what are also staples of traditional JRPGs? Excessive grinding, 2D back-dropped worlds, save points instead of checkpoints/save anywhere, etc. There is over 100 things they could mean by "traditional JRPG" that isn't limited to turn-based/ATB battle systems. And it seems like the vast majority of people don't pick up on that ever.
---
NES|SNES|N64|GC|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBP|GBC|GBA|GBA SP|DS|DS Lite|DSi|3DS|MS|Gen1, 2, & 3|32x|CD|Sat|DC|GG|Nomad|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP-2000|OUYA|Gaming laptop
#8ninebreaker47Posted 6/10/2014 9:52:46 PM
JackHawk94 posted...
final fantasy was never good because of its battle system,

http://youtu.be/0A8sI6c_daE
---
"No mater how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew." Posted using GameFlux
#9Extreme_lightPosted 6/10/2014 9:53:26 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
ESPICALLY focusing on 3 action projects all at once.... Holy cow.. NO more thinking for any of us any time soon, lets just mindlessly press x while our keyblade/swords do the talking..

Do that and Lingering Will will own you and use your corpse as a weapon against Master Xehanort mindlessly.
---
#10rapius002Posted 6/10/2014 9:57:03 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
how is stating the facts trolling?? SE has sold out to the action rpg genre and it is a dark dark time.. I don't mind hybrids like xii, xiii xenoblade etc but full blown action is inexcusable..

So, I guess a game that has been in development for 8 years now is considered to be "selling out now to the action crowd", that a game whose series is an Action-RPG is considered "selling out now to the action crowd", and a game that has already been released in Japan but never made the transition to the West now being localized is considered "selling out now to the action crowd". Good to know.

By the way, just for some education: I'm staring at my PS2 game shelf right now and I see more than a handful of Squaresoft/Square-Enix games that were all action as well already: Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, The Bouncer, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Dawn of Mana, Drakengard, Drakengard 2, Radiata Stories, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and Samurai Legend: Musashi.

Oh, and what's that? My Squaresoft and Enix collection on PS1 has several action games as well: Legend of Mana, Brave Fencer Musashi, Vagrant Story, Bushido Blade, Threads of Fate, and Star Ocean: The Second Story.

Hmmm, I also see Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles complete series, Secret of Mana, Sword of Mana, ActRaiser1 and 2, The 3rd Birthday, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, the original Star Ocean, Lord of Arcana, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, The World Ends with You, and many many more.

It would appear Square-Enix has NEVER made Action-RPGs before now! (sarcasm.... just in case you couldn't detect)
---