LOL SE cracks me up...

#11Extreme_lightPosted 6/10/2014 9:17:39 PM
rapius002 posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
how is stating the facts trolling?? SE has sold out to the action rpg genre and it is a dark dark time.. I don't mind hybrids like xii, xiii xenoblade etc but full blown action is inexcusable..

ESPICALLY focusing on 3 action projects all at once.... Holy cow.. NO more thinking for any of us any time soon, lets just mindlessly press x while our keyblade/swords do the talking..

So, I guess a game that has been in development for 8 years now is considered to be "selling out now to the action crowd", that a game whose series is an Action-RPG is considered "selling out now to the action crowd", and a game that has already been released in Japan but never made the transition to the West now being localized is considered "selling out now to the action crowd". Good to know.

By the way, just for some education: I'm staring at my PS2 game shelf right now and I see more than a handful of Squaresoft/Square-Enix games that were all action as well already: Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, The Bouncer, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Dawn of Mana, Drakengard, Drakengard 2, Radiata Stories, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and Samurai Legend: Musashi.

Oh, and what's that? My Squaresoft and Enix collection on PS1 has several action games as well: Legend of Mana, Brave Fencer Musashi, Vagrant Story, Bushido Blade, Threads of Fate, and Star Ocean: The Second Story.

Hmmm, I also see Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles complete series, Secret of Mana, Sword of Mana, ActRaiser1 and 2, The 3rd Birthday, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, the original Star Ocean, Lord of Arcana, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, The World Ends with You, and many many more.

It would appear Square-Enix has NEVER made Action-RPGs before now! (sarcasm.... just in case you couldn't detect)

I'm bring this BC PS3 over and playing all your games... I mean damn.
---
Stuck in Dorter in Tactics... Fun times!
"So it is and must be for all existence..."
#12Noctis___CaelumPosted 6/10/2014 9:28:24 PM
@rapius002

Shock and awe, bro.
---
I see dead people! (^ ^;)
#13rapius002Posted 6/10/2014 9:36:28 PM
Noctis___Caelum posted...
@rapius002

Shock and awe, bro.

If not sarcasm:

You should see the list of the rest of my games. If interested at all to see, feel free to PM me. I have a list of all my games already on my computer (as a way to keep track of all the ones I own so I don't lose any and also to keep track of all the ones I've started, beaten, or still need to play and are in my backlog). The list spans across many, many consoles.
---
NES|SNES|N64|GC|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBP|GBC|GBA|GBA SP|DS|DS Lite|DSi|3DS|MS|Gen1, 2, & 3|32x|CD|Sat|DC|GG|Nomad|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP-2000|OUYA|Gaming laptop
#14find no fan tar seaPosted 6/10/2014 11:32:31 PM
JackHawk94 posted...
final fantasy was never good because of its battle system, it was because of the story, the music and the volume of the world.

And yet it was/is widely loved by everyone and the franchise became king of jrpg. Remember that and dont you forget it.
---
I have uncovered the conspiracy, now I fear for my safety... They are coming for me!
#15VanilleHopen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 11:44:32 PM
final fantasy never has a good battle system??? FFXIII says hi... Best battle system in gaming history.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#16BysshePosted 6/10/2014 11:49:04 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
final fantasy never has a good battle system??? FFXIII says hi... Best battle system in gaming history.

FF is a jack of all trades, but it's the king of the jacks.
---
PS4: Bloodborne
Wii U: Mario Kart 8, X
#17Ecclesiastes273Posted 6/11/2014 12:46:03 AM
XIII's battle system is "just" an upgrade to X-2's, class changes and all. In some ways, X-2's approach can be easily considered superior. It's easy to overlook just what the ATB system has done to set FF apart from most RPGs since it was introduced in 4, and how little it's needed to be updated to stay relevant. That S-E can take a system invented for the SNES, give it HD graphics and a high frame rate with responsive commands, and have it glorified as the new ambrosia of the gods, says a lot regarding the level of quality design that's been in place from the start.

To say FF never had a good battle system also derides the development systems for those battles. Magicite, Jobs, Materia, Junctions, Sphere Grid, Dresspheres, License Board. All garbage.
---
FC: 0989 - 2566 - 4406 IGN: Michael
Guild Member and Co-Founder of Kyogre's Cascade on the Pokemon XY boards.
#18PainsPerceptionPosted 6/11/2014 1:47:57 AM
VanilleHopen posted...

Whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
---
Official Gordon Ramsay of the FFXV board
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=250380338492335
#19Elice_CarolPosted 6/11/2014 1:51:56 AM
VanilleHopen posted...

How do you feel, knowing that your OTP will never be canon?
---
"When you meet your God, tell Him to LEAVE ME THE &^@! ALONE.'' - Guts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYTdYlOy9ck
#20grand_kaizerPosted 6/11/2014 3:44:46 AM
VanilleHopen posted...

Oh to live in such a world of fluffy bunnies and delusions.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"