I feel there is something suspicious about the announcement of Type-0 HD

#1AshAcrimoniousPosted 6/11/2014 10:08:55 PM
I'm very pleased about this, I have seen some of the game over the years and it's looks to be a very interesting game.

However, SQEX being the mess of a company they are I feel this isn't quite as promising as it seems.

1. A huge fan translation released on 8th June, the first one, which has made the game fully playable in english to anyone who knows how to use and emulator. I can't help but think that this is some kind of dig at this project and he will be charged with a cease and desist.

2. There was clearly a humongous backlash towards SQEX after we found out FFXV wouldn't be at E3. I can't help but feel that announcing the Type-0 HD was simply a form of damage control, since the rest of their E3 line-up is so dire. My evidence for this would be in the fact that there was nothing more than a single screenshot tacked on to the end of a mobile games trailer to announce Type-0 HD

People are thrilled and so am I but I feel that this Type-0 HD is going to be exactly like FFXV, just because they've announced it doesn't mean it's coming anytime soon.
---
http://www.youtube.com/otakuchrash - FFXIV:ARR Moogle EU, Name: Xiao Li
#2Extreme_lightPosted 6/11/2014 10:12:39 PM
AshAcrimonious posted...
People are thrilled and so am I but I feel that this Type-0 HD is going to be exactly like FFXV, just because they've announced it doesn't mean it's coming anytime soon.

So 8 years for Type-0? Hooray!
---
Stuck in Dorter in Tactics... Fun times!
"So it is and must be for all existence..."
#3judge-salPosted 6/11/2014 10:13:48 PM
it sounds like SE was happy that so much love was there for Type-0. I dont think they would try to shut down the people who did the fan translation.

and it doesnt really seem all too suspicious, the fan version is only for the PSP version, and HD is on consoles, so its not really much of a big deal. those who know how to do it can play and enjoy the game in english while the HD version gets updated and translated.
---
You've nerve, but nerve only goes so far.
#4judge-salPosted 6/11/2014 10:15:37 PM
also, i -just- got modded on another topic for talking about the fan-slation, so watch out.
---
You've nerve, but nerve only goes so far.
#5AshAcrimonious(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 10:17:19 PM
judge-sal posted...
also, i -just- got modded on another topic for talking about the fan-slation, so watch out.

It's SQEX, they've found us. Go now...while you still have the chance!
---
http://www.youtube.com/otakuchrash - FFXIV:ARR Moogle EU, Name: Xiao Li
#6Extreme_lightPosted 6/11/2014 10:26:01 PM
judge-sal posted...

Me too.
---
Stuck in Dorter in Tactics... Fun times!
"So it is and must be for all existence..."
#7BysshePosted 6/11/2014 10:27:05 PM
Or the fanslation team knew Square Enix would announce something at E3. France branch teased something prior to this week.
---
CP: LS, FFXIII, MK8, Wind Waker HD, Tactics: WotL
#8BlazingRainPosted 6/11/2014 11:02:38 PM
SE hinted at this for a long time now.

How is announcing something at E3 suspicious?
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#9BysshePosted 6/11/2014 11:16:31 PM
BlazingRain posted...
SE hinted at this for a long time now.

How is announcing something at E3 suspicious?

Because this is SE we're talking about. There's always something amiss.
---
CP: LS, FFXIII, MK8, Wind Waker HD, Tactics: WotL
#10zombie_basher13Posted 6/11/2014 11:49:02 PM
I don't think it's suspicious at all. If it does have some connection to the fan patch, so what? The patch is out and it's too late for C&D, even if that happens thousands of people have probably already got it, and it would go underground and continue to circulate. And for those that won't or can't get it, then the HD upgrade allows them to finally play Type-0.

What really gets me is all the complaining going around. Type-0 doesn't get localized, people whine and b****. Type-0 gets localized, people whine and B****. They always find something to complain about. It's like stfu seriously, what the hell you want.
---
Hey Mushroom Man I love you give me a big hug hey what're ya doin NO WAIT:
http://i.imgur.com/EUeyf20.gif