Reasons why I believe FFXV is showing promise

#1Gamegeek123Posted 7/19/2014 1:54:27 AM
The modern FFs are just really bad compared to the classic FFs (I-VI). We've seen a huge streak of garbage FF games, like your FFVII, FFIX, FFX, FFXIII, etc. But this streak of constant mistakes will hopefully come to an end with FFXV, and here's why.

1. You can already tell that Stella actually has a personality, as opposed to the bland Garnet, Lightning, and Yuna. This is great news. I might actually care about an FF female character for once since the day FFVII came out!

2. After watching the trailer, I already care more about the fate of King Regis over pretty much any other FF character in FFVII-XIII. I actually don't want him to die, as opposed to wanting Zidane to die at the end. Nope. I got trolled. Vivi got the hammer of justice served to him though, at least.

3. The game appears to have a lot of substance and content that the modern FFs lack. That's good. A world map, controllable airships, in addition to the FF staples like chocobos, are apparently all there. No more ridiculous hallways like in X or XIII. I like having room to breath, yes? We can all agree that mistakes like X and XIII should never happen again, yes?

4. FFIX has shown us that Square can't really make a classic FF again without making it complete trash. So the only point is to change directions with each installment. X was a step in the wrong direction. XII was a step in the wrong direction. XIII went back in X's direction and extended it even further. Now we switch to a new direction, to the ARPG route. Turn-based strategy is not a thing for Square, because battles are so painfully easy and boring.

I have utter faith that XV will be just as critically acclaimed as FFVII, the difference being that XV actually deserves it. I won't expect XV to be as brilliant as V or VI obviously, because those 2 have set the bar far too high, but XV will have no problem trampling over bad FFs like VII-XIII.
---
Well Paid
#2VerteX13Posted 7/19/2014 2:03:16 AM
I just agree that FFXV will get critical acclaim. I ignored the rest.

This is in nooooo waaaay a troll topic. :v
---
Currently replaying: Final Fantasy XII
Official Conductor for the FFXV Hype Train
#3Elice_CarolPosted 7/19/2014 4:07:59 AM
Daily reminder: http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii632/Alice_Heartily/crapv2/30158_zps1ab5e4f4.png
---
"When you meet your God, tell Him to LEAVE ME THE &^@! ALONE.'' - Guts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYTdYlOy9ck
#4nopieghostPosted 7/19/2014 7:09:25 AM
I have a hard time believing that you can enjoy Stella and Kink Regis already, since we have seen nothing of their personality so far anf neither has displayed any interesting backstory. Literally the only thing we know is that they look like generic anime characters.

How can you hate Vivi? I'm one of the biggest FFIX haters on tbe board and even I love the little guy :O

We don't actually know how much substance there is. Most of the current trailers have only shown cutscenes and quick time events. There was only like 30 seconds of world map in there, and very little if any chocobo. Even the Final Fantasy XIII trailers showed more exploration.

Turn based startegy doesn't exist for FF? Someone hasn't played FFT OR FF4DS
---
Eff Eff Phor is best Eff Eff
#5Hammer_of_WrathPosted 7/19/2014 8:32:28 AM
I am disappoint Gamegeek. How can you potentially like a FF game that isn't 16-bit? Have you just given up?
---
FF10>6>7>4>MQ>5>1>8>12>3>2>13>9
Phoebe misses Benjamin's shrug.
#6DarkFlip22Posted 7/19/2014 8:39:31 AM
nopieghost posted...

I doubt he/she never played any of the other games after VI.

At least that's what I assume, probably because I never seen a user that continues to make the same topics bashing at the same FF's and praising his fan favorites.
---
Down+Down-Forward+Forward+Punch = "The Hadouken"
#7Gamegeek123(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:50:27 AM
nopieghost posted...
I have a hard time believing that you can enjoy Stella and Kink Regis already, since we have seen nothing of their personality so far anf neither has displayed any interesting backstory. Literally the only thing we know is that they look like generic anime characters.

How can you hate Vivi? I'm one of the biggest FFIX haters on tbe board and even I love the little guy :O

We don't actually know how much substance there is. Most of the current trailers have only shown cutscenes and quick time events. There was only like 30 seconds of world map in there, and very little if any chocobo. Even the Final Fantasy XIII trailers showed more exploration.

Of course it exists. It's just boring.

All the PS1 FFs are terrible. Tactics is no exception. I think it was the 3rd fastest FF game to get bored of because everything was so bland and the story was just a giant snoozefest.
---
Well Paid
#8spencer7x7Posted 7/19/2014 12:29:33 PM
While I don't agree with the FF7 and above being crappy, FF15 has the potential to be the best ever.

1. All the great Final Fantasies took advantage of that generations hardware. FF7 had 3d characters, X had voice acting for the first time, 13 had all the power of PS3, but did not take advantage of it.

2. Action gameplay is the quantum leap that FF needs, turn based battle is alright, but the future is action. Action games are more realistic and frankly more fun, just look at the strategy genre, only nerds played it until MOBAs were more mainstream. Also with a turn based battle, the game is just wasting valuable potential.

Either way, if Square Enix plays their cards right 15 will be the best selling game ever for them.
#9Insanylum13Posted 7/19/2014 12:36:38 PM
The person who will break the melodrama streak of Final Fantasy stories will be Fedora Guy.

He's just gonna be straight up pimping.

Setting up the no flex zone.
Making no new friends.
Staying down with his day 1 *****s.

We all know Purple is the color of kings and pimps and our fedora lord will end up slaying all the M'ladies with how much of a #SupremeGentleman he is.

He might be the sassiest, most interesting cast member of a Final Fantasy yet.
---
"Guns don't kill people the government does" -Dale Gribble
#1 fanboy of Zero, http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/159022-card-crusher
#10JuicyHamburg3rPosted 7/19/2014 5:14:18 PM
GameGeek: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RWJhI0Gyc
---
"No horsing around though. This isn't the time for games. It's time for serious fun."
Bartz-Dissidia Final Fantasy