This game shouldn't even come out at this point

#1darealest47Posted 8/19/2014 11:50:00 AM
At this point this game is GUARANTEED to disappoint a big chunk of FF fans. Notice how I said FF fans specifically not just general fans of RPGs. It's not even a 'when', IF this game comes out it'll come out Duke Nukem Forever style and that'll be the final burial of this series after FF13.

It's a lose-lose situation. We may never get to play this but at the same time this has potential to pull a DNF if not 'when' IF it comes out. Why they didn't just made the damn FF7 remake like their FF10 remake I'll never know.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2FinalValcristPosted 8/19/2014 11:56:02 AM
Nothing can be as disappointg as Lightning's Saga, so there is that.
---
The Phantom Pain: Q4 2014?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfcLxEuF-UU
#3rapius002Posted 8/19/2014 11:58:32 AM(edited)
When has a mainline Final Fantasy game that's been shown to the public EVER been cancelled?

Has it ever been done?

I am quite curious to know.
---
NES|SNES|N64|GC|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBP|GBC|GBA|GBA SP|DS|DS Lite|DSi|3DS|MS|Gen1, 2, & 3|32x|CD|Sat|DC|GG|Nomad|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP-2000|OUYA|Gaming laptop
#4darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 11:59:10 AM
FinalValcrist posted...

Agreed, that can't be debated.
---
#5DarkFlip22Posted 8/19/2014 12:01:58 PM
This will probably be my last ff title, despite it being worse than xiii-1 or being the best title like the classics.

Unless XVI will be on PS4 in the future or a sequel of XV for PS4.
---
Down+Down-Forward+Forward+Punch = "The Hadouken"
#6FinalValcristPosted 8/19/2014 12:03:20 PM
darealest47 posted...
FinalValcrist posted...

But on the other hand, if it DOES manage to somehow outbad the saga...

I don't know what to say.
---
#7rapius002Posted 8/19/2014 12:03:34 PM
darealest47 posted...
FinalValcrist posted...

Eh, believe it or not, I have played several games worse than the Lightning Saga games.

Compared to other games in the series, I can understand the disappointment.

Compared to other games in the genre? Compared to other games in that same generation? Compared to other games in general? I have seen and played many games infinitely worse than any of those 3 games and really can't understand the disappointment coming from that mentality.
---
NES|SNES|N64|GC|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBP|GBC|GBA|GBA SP|DS|DS Lite|DSi|3DS|MS|Gen1, 2, & 3|32x|CD|Sat|DC|GG|Nomad|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP-2000|OUYA|Gaming laptop
#8darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 12:06:36 PM
rapius002 posted...
darealest47 posted...
FinalValcrist posted...

Eh, believe it or not, I have played several games worse than the Lightning Saga games.

Compared to other games in the genre? Compared to other games in that same generation? Compared to other games in general? I have seen and played many games infinitely worse than any of those 3 games and really can't understand the disappointment coming from that mentality.

Fair enough though I am only talking about the FF series. I know there are other games in other genres that are much, much, much worst than the 13 trilogy.
---
#9FinalValcristPosted 8/19/2014 12:07:10 PM
rapius002 posted...
darealest47 posted...
FinalValcrist posted...

We are talking FF wise, who cares about other series? It's an FF board.

What kind of an argument FOR the game is: It is horrible, but there is worse stuff OUTSIDE of the franchise?

It just shows how bad XIII is, imo.
---
#10rapius002Posted 8/19/2014 12:12:43 PM
FinalValcrist posted...
rapius002 posted...
darealest47 posted...
FinalValcrist posted...

We are talking FF wise, who cares about other series? It's an FF board.

What kind of an argument FOR the game is: It is horrible, but there is worse stuff OUTSIDE of the franchise?

It just shows how bad XIII is, imo.

I never said it was horrible, nor did I say it was bad. Personally, I enjoyed the Lightning Saga. Are they my favorite games in the series? No. Are they the worst to me? No.

It is worth noting though that the worst games in this series are still better than some of the best games in other series.

Plus, this board is known for talking about games outside of FF, like Bravely Default, Xenoblade Chronicles, Persona series, Chrono series, and more.
---