just got this today....freezing problems?

#1wingzero2099Posted 8/31/2009 11:25:21 PM
just got this today and i played up to the u-boat just fine, then had to leave for a few hours, i came back and installed the new update, and now i can only play a few minutes before it freezes, i just parachuted onto the island, is this likely a problem with the disc, caused by the firmware, or what? i dont think its my ps3, i've only had it a month and it was brand new, and so far only Uncharted is having this problem.
#2RynzoPosted 9/1/2009 3:40:50 AM
I am also having problems with uncharted after the update today, earlier today I got from chapter 10 all the way through to chapter 20, Stopped to do the update then loaded the game back up, beat chapter 20 and now it freezes during the conversation at the start of chapter 21 every. single. time. (approx 7 attempts)
Game was new.
---
We must feed the saplings with water and light
#3SubCommanderMarcosPosted 9/1/2009 5:39:19 AM
i just came to the board to start a topic on this....

i just got this, played up to chapter 6, but then updated the game itself and my console (first time it had been online since i bought drake over a week ago). i had to start over so i could collect the rewards, as i started a game before patching it... got up to the uboat, and it froze on the rocks above the uboat like 5 times in a row in the same spot.

boo........
---
PSN: Major_Shocker XBL: narcoticrex (inactive)
Wii: who cares, the friends system sucks.
#4seanskatePosted 9/1/2009 6:57:45 AM
Been playing this for 2.5 hours now and came looking for help.

im on 3.0 and no freezing yet?
---
Psn = BakerBoard, Currently playing = Tales Of Eternia / Chrono Trigger /
#5gamesmaster no1Posted 9/1/2009 8:33:56 AM
im having the same problem i cant get past the section just after the u boat as it keeps freezing.
#6itwizzPosted 9/1/2009 8:47:19 AM
I'm on chapter 4 and the game keeps freezing like mad and I'm really narked off as I've only just got a brand new PS3 Slim and this is my only game. I'm going to return it tomorrow and get a new copy and pray that fixes it. I thought Fallout 3 was bad when it came random freezes but this takes the biscuit :(!
---
Only post a question once you've read the walkthroughs and looked in the relevant forums as that's where you'll find the answers.
#7wingzero2099(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2009 11:08:27 AM
sounds like its an issue with the new firmware update and not my disc, that helps a lot, saves me a trip to gamestop
#8marathonfoolPosted 9/1/2009 12:01:03 PM
I played Uncharted awhile back. There were freezing issues in Uncharted before the patch. Especially at the end of Chapter 17.

The firmware could have made the freezing worse though. I usually only had to restart the PS3 once and it would not freeze again in the same spot.

BTW, I was playing on a MGS 80 GB for reference on firmware 2.7.
#9marathonfoolPosted 9/1/2009 12:04:49 PM
When I said "before the patch" I meant "before firmware 3.0".
#10cricketmad12Posted 9/1/2009 12:14:56 PM

I played Uncharted awhile back. There were freezing issues in Uncharted before the patch. Especially at the end of Chapter 17.

The firmware could have made the freezing worse though. I usually only had to restart the PS3 once and it would not freeze again in the same spot.

BTW, I was playing on a MGS 80 GB for reference on firmware 2.7.

I know what you mean when you are going throught the tunnel. Happened to me although you only had to restart once.