Fiona and Meg

#1AstridispwnagePosted 2/16/2008 6:07:32 AM
Why are they so hated??? Meg has excellent growths which means she'll always be good unless severely RNG screwed, she is the fastest, most resistant, luckiest general in the game with 32+ skill strength and defense. Is that bad? Sure she starts out at lv.3, but by the end of the chapter, she was lv.12 for me, and Nolan still had plenty of kills (lv.18 by chapter's end) She's like the best endgame general due to high speed and resistance, and overall a great unit. My Meg got to lv.13 2nd tier by the second chapter you get to use her in part 3, and she has capped all but HP and defense, and they're very close to capping.

Fiona is great! Her earth affinity combined with great luck and speed makes for great avoid, and she'll cap defense too so if she gets hit it won't matter much at all. She'll also cap resistance, and strength and skill will be 30+. She supports Meg excellently, as they both get 23 avoid and lots of hit, which corrects Fiona's only real problem- hit rate. She's also the fastest silver knight, save Astrid, and does not deserve all the bashing she gets.

Astrid has pretty good growths, but her bases SUCK. Still, by level 10, she'll be out of her hole quite a bit, able to dodge, hit and run, and do things very well. By late 3rd tier, all the silver knights are really looking the same ayway, except Astrid has the best speed cap, which I think makes her the best. Why do people say Geoffrey is better than her and Fiona?? He's slow and has bad defense, which just makes him very frail due to the fact he can't dodge either.

Not for hard, but for easy and normal, these three can be wonderful. Unlike those laguz that get hp, luck and skill in their level ups and NOTHING else! Or just luck or just hp, or anything as long it's not over +3 or 4! They need battle save abuse. (excluding the royals here, but Caineghis and Tibarn have awful growths, worse than every beorc!) Laguz are just suckers for bad growths and level ups.
#2namethatno1usesPosted 2/16/2008 6:21:45 AM
They are hard to raise. That's it.
If others can be just as good/slightly worse, without babying, people will ditch characters that are hard to raise (and claim they are terrible). There is no awful character in this game IMO. Maybe except Gareth with his whopping 14 spd.
---
Waiting for: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (PAL)
#3svedkaPosted 2/16/2008 6:25:52 AM
^ Ena has 13, and therefore worse. =P

.... unless you mean Gareth has 14 transformed, in which case, I have no words.
#4asianknight82Posted 2/16/2008 6:27:55 AM
Fiona; cute but terrible bases and poor str growths makes her difficult to raise... She has among the worse bases out of any beorc character in the game... She caps her speed and defense relatively quick though. But being in the DB hurts her.

Meg; same problems as Fiona but at least has a more well rounded stat growths.

Astrid suffers from poor bases, even worse really bad availability. By the time she joins she is easily dwarfed by better units, and its simply not worth babying her to the point of making her good.

On easy mode, these characters can be awesome... then again all characters are awesome on easy...
#5Gambit_PwnsPosted 2/16/2008 8:03:36 AM
I try using Fiona... she just couldn't kill anyone... ever
---
Currently Waiting On: Super Mario Brothers Brawl
#6GeneralSpoonPosted 2/16/2008 8:20:07 AM
Fiona would be a much better charecter if she joined a few chapters earlier.
---
Remember, any topic may be modded, even if it is dead.
FC: 4553 8641 6476 MIROR B
#7asianknight82Posted 2/16/2008 8:26:41 AM
Fiona would be better if she was either;

A. Not be lvl 9 with lvl 1 Bases... >_>.... I mean seriously...

B. Be lvl 1, so she'll have more room to grow.... She already have the stats of a lvl 1 character... might as well be lvl 1.
#8PaperbladePosted 2/16/2008 10:07:12 AM
They are hard to raise. That's it.
If others can be just as good/slightly worse, without babying, people will ditch characters that are hard to raise (and claim they are terrible). There is no awful character in this game IMO. Maybe except Gareth with his whopping 14 spd.

If the output isn't worth the input. . .

Also, Lyre.

Single digit damage to Swordmasters and can't even double Generals. On Easy Mode.
---
Here's my full rebuttal: http://www.m-w.com/ The words are all there, just put them in the right order. ~ Interceptor402
#9evolutiaPosted 2/16/2008 10:58:00 AM
This playthrough(Normal Mode), I'm using all of the characters I haven't used before (Meg, Fiona,Ilyana, Jill >_>) I'm in part 1 and I think the effort I gave Meg, Ilyana and Jill paid off, here are there endgame stats for Part I.

Meg
lv 18 Armr Sword
Str 17
Mag 4
Skill 9
Sp 17
Def 17
Res 10

Overall very helpful after I leveled her up on the Laguz chapter (A rank and swords too). I was only using Nolan, Sothe,Micaiah and Ilyana at that point so giving Meg the exp wasn't hurting anyone else.

Jill
Lv 16 Dracoknight
Str 12
Mag 1
Skill 13
Sp 16
Lck 16
Def 14
Res 5

Very helpful from the word go, only her low str is somewhat of a problem and that's fixed by using stronger axes.

Ilyana
Lv 1 Thunder Sage
Str 13
Mag 17
Skill 18
Sp 17
Lck 8
Def 8
Res 12

Hmm, I really don't know why I never used her until now she's quite handy for weakening/killing enemy units from a distance and don't die in one hit (<.< Micaiah I'm looking at you). Thunder magic could have better hit rate however.

Fiona
Lv 1 Lance Pal
Str 14
Mag 10
Skill 12
Sp 21
Lck 13
Def 16
Res 11

=/ Fiona Fiona, why is your availability so horrible? I had to abuse the crap out of her on the first chapter I had to use her, regularly using her was a hassle as she cannot hit a damn thing, in the end I abused her to level 20 on the boss. Now that she's promoted I hope she don't weigh me down anymore.

---
You who have sold your soul to the soulless... I grant you release from your wretched existence. -L'Arachel FE8
#10evolutiaPosted 2/16/2008 11:01:00 AM
Note, I'm just starting the End Game Chapter.
---
You who have sold your soul to the soulless... I grant you release from your wretched existence. -L'Arachel FE8