Mordy.. (spoilers)

#1smash fanaticPosted 3/6/2009 12:15:39 AM
Mordy at base level takes no damage from every non-mage enemy in 2-3. Well, minus venin weapons, because poison.

Mordy at base level takes damage from about 10 enemies in 2-E (minus reinforcements). About 3 of them are thunder mages. The rest are enemies who do less than 5 damage to him, except Ludveck who does 8.

Mordy at base level is only damaged by 9 non-mages in 3-4. They all do 6 or less damage to him.

Mordy at base level takes single digit damage from anything not a mage in 4-P, 1 or 2.

Mordy at base level takes less than 10 damage from most of the generals in 4-E-1. Granted, they double, which makes him 3 rounded by them. At his base level.

Mordy at level 27 with no supports can get Impaled twice in a row by Levail, and he would survive. Mordy at level 30 with a +2 def support is 10HKO'd by Levail.

Mordy at base level and no supports is 3HKO'd by 4-E-3 red dragons. For reference, Gatrie with capped def is probably 3HKO'd unless he's got something else to boost his def. If Mordy were properly leveled (say level 30, but with no supports/cover), Red Dragons 6HKO.

Mordy at level 34, standing on a cover tile and with a +3 def support, can get doubled by Degh, with one of the hits being an ire, and he will survive. If Kurth is also next to Mordy, he only needs to be level ~26. For reference, no beorc can ever survive that no matter how much is thrown at them (Haar and Gatrie tie for highest def of all beorcs, and they get OHKO'd). This leaves Muarim, Skrimir, Tibarn, and Nailah who need to be a significantly higher level than Mordy to survive an Ire (Cain and Giffca can survive ire at base level, provided they have cover + Kurth).

List of 3rd tier classes who have a higher/the same def cap as Mordy's base.
Sentinel
Marshall
Dragonlord
Vanguard
Marksman

Which means Mordy beats out every magic class, every paladin class, seraph knights, reavers, whispers/assassins, and trueblades. I might've missed a few.

List of units who have a higher/the same def base as Mordy.
Nailah
Tibarn
Cain
Giffca
Gareth

So out of the 70+ units in the game, it takes royals and red dragon Gareth to match Mordy. (Technically BK too, but **** him).

And to think, IS thought it would be a good idea to give a level 16 laguz 32 base def that also fights in half of parts 2 and 3.

Mordy = most underrated unit in teh game

Discuss
---
Kenpachi would swing his sword with both his hands and his feet, defeating Ulquiorra in one blow. - Edgeknight
#2ZarkaiPosted 3/6/2009 12:24:38 AM
sure, if i had him on 1-1 to 1-3 HM i'd love him....
---
Brawl FC: 2535-8433-3957
#3Kratos_Aurion75Posted 3/6/2009 3:22:24 AM

There was any doubt about that? :P
---
Sexy > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LppHy-oXlHM
Personal fastest SM run: 72 mins
#4charmander6000Posted 3/6/2009 7:55:03 AM

Old news. Mordecai is the wall Aran wishes he could be. You can use him at base level as a spare wall up until 4-3/4/5 where stronger enemies start to double. What hurts Mordecai is people who don't know how to use laguz, his slow speed which means he'll never double also turns people off as he'll never ORKO (though if you really want to give him both speedwings and watch him double until 4-3/4/5) and the large competition he has in part 3 (when he joins he's fighting with 19 characters for 10 spots).
---
Board 8 BOP: http://www.freewebs.com/charmander6000/CB7%20BOP.xls
Congratulations to FastFalcon for winning the guru contest, you are the best among the best.
#5Apocalypse15Posted 3/6/2009 8:30:18 AM
This topic has convinced me to use Mordy next playthrough.
---
Here Lies Metal Gear Online, March 14, 2006-April 3, 2007
#6Interceptor402Posted 3/6/2009 8:33:30 AM
Give him Tauroneo's Resolve (ship it over to the GMs with Ilyana) or a Speedwing for extra fun.
---
"The best ways, don't always lead to the best results." - Delita
#7charmander6000Posted 3/6/2009 12:11:01 PM
Give him Tauroneo's Resolve (ship it over to the GMs with Ilyana)

I always forget about this, I usually give it to Volug.
---
Board 8 BOP: http://www.freewebs.com/charmander6000/CB7%20BOP.xls
Congratulations to FastFalcon for winning the guru contest, you are the best among the best.
#8redrumluosPosted 3/6/2009 5:37:12 PM
When ur saying level 27 or 30 or whatever your not specifing stats which you should do since the RNG usually makes every unit different unless they cap everything
---
i like crayons
#9Kratos_Aurion75Posted 3/6/2009 8:30:05 PM
When ur saying level 27 or 30 or whatever your not specifing stats which you should do since the RNG usually makes every unit different unless they cap everything

He's going based on averages.
---
Sexy > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LppHy-oXlHM
Personal fastest SM run: 72 mins
#10WaterofDarknessPosted 3/6/2009 8:42:33 PM
Yup. I love the way if Mordecai is used in hard mode, he's still got that boss defense even if he never leveled.
---
That sentence doesnt even make any sense. Does you want to kill us or not? If so, overload the force cages you dumbass.