Tactics

#41DarkAltairPosted 12/3/2009 9:19:00 AM
Input = kills. Resources don't even matter, since vulneraries are now broken, and 40 heals cost less than 1k gold. The difference is so ridiculously little that it may be considered as the same.

You're letting your fanboyism cloud your judgment again. Resources DO matter when one of the units doesn't need them at all. By the way, input is effort and time required to get kills, not kills themselves.

Boss abuse? You seem to miss that Ed gets all 1-P kills, because Leo arrives late and Micaiah is a healbolt and has no use for kills, then he has to get some kills on 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3, because Nolan can't do everything by himself.

Micaiah has no use for kills? You have to get her to 20 by the end of Part 1. Edward is doing nothing in 1-P but taking hits and dealing crap damage while Micaiah kills them off. He'll get maybe 3 kills on 1-1. By 1-2, he's no longer needed because Sothe has joined the party. I love how you didn't even respond to all my points, too. Zihark and Mia end up just as good as and better than Edward, respectively. All with less effort.

Wasting earth support? By the time Zihark arrives, Nolan X Ed is the best pairing you can have, considering they're the only non-Sothe units that can take a hit.

Ed? Take a hit? LOLOLOLOL

Get off Easy Mode.

By then they should have a B support, but if they don't have it by then they get it on 1-6-1, while Zihark still has to look for a support partner, which is likely to be Volug

Wrong, Zihark will use Jill, Nolan gets Volug so both can dodge tank Part 3.

Need of a forge? 60% STR growth and excellent base says otherwise.

Again, get off Easy Mode. A 7 STR base coupled with Swords is terrible.

---
I'm basing my facts on facts - Zaelen/Marth_Koopa
#42alfredo094Posted 12/3/2009 9:48:09 AM
Man, can't you start a debate without saying "get off easy mode you fanboy"? It's a clear insult which isn't needed at all.

You're letting your fanboyism cloud your judgment again. Resources DO matter when one of the units doesn't need them at all. By the way, input is effort and time required to get kills, not kills themselves.

As I said, the difference between Laura healing and not healing is so little it hardly matters.

Micaiah has no use for kills? You have to get her to 20 by the end of Part 1.

No one says that Micaiah has to get to level 20 for her promotion. And anyway, sacrifice and thani bombing give her enough exp for level 20.

Edward is doing nothing in 1-P but taking hits and dealing crap damage while Micaiah kills them off. He'll get maybe 3 kills on 1-1. By 1-2, he's no longer needed because Sothe has joined the party.

That " crap damage" is doing almost triple damage than Micaiah, not to mention the chapter impossible without him, unless you wanna break that herb.

I love how you didn't even respond to all my points, too. Zihark and Mia end up just as good as and better than Edward, respectively. All with less effort.

Mia does turn out the same, but Zihark doesn't. Zihark ends up with less STR, HP and DEF.

Ed? Take a hit? LOLOLOLOL

Get off Easy Mode.

I meant that literally. Both Micaiah, Laura and Leo get 1RKO'd, while Ed gets 2RKO'd, or even 3RKO'd with the dracoshield, which shouldn't me going to backliners.

Wrong, Zihark will use Jill, Nolan gets Volug so both can dodge tank Part 3.

Ha, good luck dodging the tigers, even with an earthXearth support. They have what, 190 hit?

Again, get off Easy Mode. A 7 STR base coupled with Swords is terrible

He easily gets three levels on 1-P, 2 or 3 on 1-1, and keeps his 2RKOing constant.

---
CAKE IS A LIE. THERE IS NO CAKE! - Roymbrog
BEXP is the magic that turns 31 STR into 33 STR // STPs: 6
#43AnoulethPosted 12/3/2009 10:43:12 AM
Ha, good luck dodging the tigers, even with an earthXearth support. They have what, 190 hit?

I hate to side with DA, but it's more like 135-145 hit. 190 hit is ridiculous - you have 90-100 from lolLaguz weapons, then ~30 from Skill, then ~10 from Luck. That's a shortfall of about 55 hit, which Ike's authority in 3-13 doesn't come close to making up.
---
You've been spending too much time AROUND w/e_Koopa. You're STARTING to make your POINTS with words made entirely OF capitals - SeijiroMakabe
#44alfredo094Posted 12/3/2009 10:51:38 AM
Really? Well, that's still crazy hit. even with A earth support (which shouldn't happen until 3-13 or 3-12), it's 45 avoid + 56 (considering he gains 7 levels), + 14 LCK = 115 avoid, and 150 - 115 = 35% hit. That's considering A support, but since Zihark has B support by then, it's 30 avoid, not 45, which is 50% hit. So, it's, on best case, miss -> hit -> miss -> KO. 4RKO'd, but we could also suppose it goes hit -> miss -> KO, which isn't that good.
---
#45DarkAltairPosted 12/3/2009 11:06:48 AM
As I said, the difference between Laura healing and not healing is so little it hardly matters.

You whine about me constantly telling you to get off Easy Mode and not being able to start an argument without doing it, yet you constantly repeat yourself in every argument YOU start. Do you not understand what "Edward needs healing, Zihark does not" means? It doesn't matter if it's little or big, one of them needs it, the other does not.

Let me spell that out for you, in case you're having trouble understanding. Try it with me, now..

Edward needs to waste his or someone else's turn healing himself or being healed.

Zihark does not.

Get it yet?

No one says that Micaiah has to get to level 20 for her promotion. And anyway, sacrifice and thani bombing give her enough exp for level 20.

The occasional Thani bomb and Sacrifice only gives her enough EXP for level 20 on Easy Mode. See why I keep pointing that out? No one says she has to get to level 20? There's no reason not to do it. There certainly isn't any more reason to cap a useless unit like Edward when you've already got Zihark.

That " crap damage" is doing almost triple damage than Micaiah, not to mention the chapter impossible without him, unless you wanna break that herb.

Again, he's weakening them, Micaiah is picking them off.

Mia does turn out the same, but Zihark doesn't. Zihark ends up with less STR, HP and DEF.

Mia doesn't turn out the same. She turns out better. Zihark turns out the same. His Avoid makes up for his DEF/HP.

More importantly, now that we've established that Mia turns out the same and that Zihark is superior in Part 1, can you give me a reason why anyone should bother with Edward?

I meant that literally. Both Micaiah, Laura and Leo get 1RKO'd, while Ed gets 2RKO'd, or even 3RKO'd with the dracoshield, which shouldn't me going to backliners.

That Dracoshield isn't touching Edward with a ten foot pole. It's going to either Micaiah so she can take an extra hit in Part 3, or Nolan so he can tank while he builds up his Support.

Has already been explained. They're dodging just fine. Certainly better than Edward would be. At least they can take 2 hits before they die. Edward is most likely being 1HKOed without favoritism.

He easily gets three levels on 1-P, 2 or 3 on 1-1, and keeps his 2RKOing constant.

Once again, how do you expect me to NOT tell you to get off Easy Mode when you make stupid statements like these? Three levels on 1-P? Wtf?

---
I'm basing my facts on facts - Zaelen/Marth_Koopa
#46nflchampPosted 12/3/2009 12:42:49 PM
**** getting Micaiah to lvl 20 by the end of part 1 (though it is easy to do), Micaiah needs kills to be able to Thani-bomb stuff effectively. 11 MAG to deal w/ 1-2 boss and 12 MAG to deal with 1-3 boss. 14 MAG for armors in 1-6-1. 15 MAG for 1-6-2 boss. 16 MAG for 1-7 armors. Can't beat the 1-7 boss no matter what her level is. 19-20 MAG for armors in 1-E.

If you need help on what that means, it means Micaiah needs lvl 18 or better to be able to Thani-bomb in 1-E. She needs to get to lvl 6 by the end of 1-3 to take care of the boss (something that is commonly attributed to her, since it quickly deals with a very deadly enemy at this point in time).

Though lol at 190 hit Tigers. They only have 140 tops.
#47ZaelenPosted 12/3/2009 1:33:05 PM
If you're leveling up Micaiah after 1-9, you're doing it wrong.
#48alfredo094Posted 12/3/2009 2:52:32 PM

You whine about me constantly telling you to get off Easy Mode and not being able to start an argument without doing it, yet you constantly repeat yourself in every argument YOU start. Do you not understand what "Edward needs healing, Zihark does not" means? It doesn't matter if it's little or big, one of them needs it, the other does not.

Let me spell that out for you, in case you're having trouble understanding. Try it with me, now..

Edward needs to waste his or someone else's turn healing himself or being healed.

Zihark does not.

Get it yet?

Because, Laura is doing something else than healing, am i rite?

The occasional Thani bomb and Sacrifice only gives her enough EXP for level 20 on Easy Mode. See why I keep pointing that out? No one says she has to get to level 20? There's no reason not to do it. There certainly isn't any more reason to cap a useless unit like Edward when you've already got Zihark.

Not at all. I've a level 20 Micaiah numerous times using only Thani and Sacrifice. There's also 1-9.

Again, he's weakening them, Micaiah is picking them off.

And why can't Micaiah soften them while Ed picks them off?

Mia doesn't turn out the same. She turns out better. Zihark turns out the same. His Avoid makes up for his DEF/HP.

Let's consider Micaiah and Ed at 20/20/05. Sorry, the page won't let me format it correctly, you can copy -> paste it on Word. Stats are rounded up to the next number if they're => 5.

Mia Edward

HP 47 47

STR 28 28

SKL 34 35

SPD 35 34

LCK 24 28

DEF 23 22

RES 16 14

So, considering supports, Mia has +2 STR, +1 SPD, and +2 lolRES; and Ed has +1 SKL, and +1 DEF. Oh yeah, that's totally Mia > Ed. The +1 SPD is pretty useless, since both of them will double all of 4-E-1 and gain enough levels to double SMs; the +2 STR doesn't turn any 2RKOs into 1RKOs; lol @ +2 hit, and the +1 DEF doesn't help much either.

More importantly, now that we've established that Mia turns out the same and that Zihark is superior in Part 1, can you give me a reason why anyone should bother with Edward?

Zihark and Ed are comparable at 4-E-1, but when they gain the levels there Ed pulls ahead. Remember that this is all about how they end up.

That Dracoshield isn't touching Edward with a ten foot pole. It's going to either Micaiah so she can take an extra hit in Part 3, or Nolan so he can tank while he builds up his Support.

Ha, Micaiah still gets doubled by most stuff on part III, and she still can't get hit, even with the dracoshield.

Has already been explained. They're dodging just fine. Certainly better than Edward would be. At least they can take 2 hits before they die. Edward is most likely being 1HKOed without favoritism.

Um... without favoritism? Many people promote on 1-E. 20/01 Ed gets 2RKO'd by tigers. Tested it myself.

Once again, how do you expect me to NOT tell you to get off Easy Mode when you make stupid statements like these? Three levels on 1-P? Wtf?

That is if he gets all kills and does a 2RKO on everything by himself. Anything else and he gains 2 levels.
---
#49DefenderX2480Posted 12/3/2009 4:00:07 PM
All the Edward hating makes me sad...

I had a level 20 Trueblade Edward and Zihark on part 4, Edward was capped and Zihark was near...Edward annihilated everything easily while taking no damage and Zihark...was killed after 7 enemies and so. He was so worthless, I didn't even bother resetting to get him back...
---
-Blood curdling screams are heard-
HUNK:...This is war. Survival is your own responsibility.
#50linksmaster813Posted 12/3/2009 5:18:04 PM
the +2 STR doesn't turn any 2RKOs into 1RKOs

Is that counting doubling?
---
It is impossible to think of anything that is impossible.
Get your head around that.