tier list

#1smash fanaticPosted 4/17/2011 7:33:00 PM
- Based on which characters contribute the most to a playthrough that will obtain the lowest turn counts humanly possible. However, seize arguments, as well as Ike's BK and Ashera fights, are ignored (effectively any arguments that would let a unit save an infinite amount of turns).
- All turn counts are weighted equally. 1 turn in X map is the same as 1 turn in Y map.
- Hard Mode, obviously
- Player is assumed to be perfect.

Black Knight
Haar
Edward
Ike
Volug
Sothe
Reyson

High
Nolan
Brom
Titania
Mia
Rafiel
Leanne
Nailah
Jill
Micaiah
Nephenee

Upper Middle
Geoffrey
Kieran
Marcia
Janaff
Ulki
Tibarn
Naesala
Caineghis/Giffca
Elincia
Shinon
Oscar
Gatrie
Ranulf
Tauroneo

Middle
Boyd
Skrimir
Muarim
Lucia
Calill
Makalov
Danved
Laura
Mordecai
Heather
Sigrun
Tormod
Leonardo
Soren
Zihark

Lower Middle
Tanith
Rolf
Mist
Rhys
Sanaki
Nealuchi
Nasir
Ilyana
Ena
Vika

Low
Lethe
Stefan
Volke
Bastian
Kurthnaga
Pelleas
Gareth
Astrid
Meg
Fiona
Lehran

Bottom
Kyza
Lyre
Renning

Link's Recovery
Aran
Oliver
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif
#2CURLEHDMUSTACHEPosted 4/17/2011 10:20:44 PM
Edward is a tad bit high, what does he contribute to ltc besides him being necessary in the earlier DB chapters(which shouldn't even be an argument, since so are Lucia in 2-2 and Geoffrey in 2-3, after which they become a liability(at least Lucia)) (No Trueblades debates, pl0x)?

-Is RNG considered to be ALWAYS favorable to the player(like how in D&D 3.5 a God always succeeds in all his rolls)? If so, does this not render most differences between characters non-existent since we'd always assume they dodged or Astra'd as necessary without regard to their statistic differences? Does it take into account Crits and Proc'd skills? There is no save abuse, right(it could be enabled in Hard mode via a *gasp*CHEAT)? It seems to be the case with Volke, otherwise Assassinate+Stillness+SNEAKY SNEAK+ to the boss for ale and %&@#$s!

Is Reyson is assumed to be in constant shift?

It needs more reasoning, perhaps a paragraph or two about each character. Seems sorta solid though.5/10, would rage again.

/Biting the bait
---
WELCOME...TO DIE!
Music to CURLEH YOR MUSTACHE AT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duqlahGL7No , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgriGiRvRCc
#3smash fanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2011 2:20:19 AM
CURLEHDMUSTACHE posted...
Edward is a tad bit high, what does he contribute to ltc besides him being necessary in the earlier DB chapters(which shouldn't even be an argument, since so are Lucia in 2-2 and Geoffrey in 2-3, after which they become a liability(at least Lucia)) (No Trueblades debates, pl0x)?

Edward saves you plenty of turns in 1-P alone, nevermind his contributions from 1-1 to 1-6 where he is either forced or you have enough unit slots for everyone so he WILL save >0 turns during this period of time too.

Lucia saves you a couple of turns in 2-2, Geof also saves you a couple. But they were nowhere near Edward.

-Is RNG considered to be ALWAYS favorable to the player(like how in D&D 3.5 a God always succeeds in all his rolls)? If so, does this not render most differences between characters non-existent since we'd always assume they dodged or Astra'd as necessary without regard to their statistic differences? Does it take into account Crits and Proc'd skills? There is no save abuse, right(it could be enabled in Hard mode via a *gasp*CHEAT)? It seems to be the case with Volke, otherwise Assassinate+Stillness+SNEAKY SNEAK+ to the boss for ale and %&@#$s!

HM, so no battle saves.

Tier lists also assume no hacking the game (unless stated otherwise), etc.

Is Reyson is assumed to be in constant shift?

He is assumed laguz stones because he makes the best use of them compared to other laguz, so he is transformed for every turn other than the 1st turn, and if the map goes on longer than 6 turns then he spends another turn grassing sometime.

It needs more reasoning, perhaps a paragraph or two about each character.

If you or anyone has any questions about placements of characters, simply ask and I will provide a reasoning. It's entirely possible that units are misplaced, however; this is simply a first draft of this tier list.

Seems sorta solid though.5/10, would rage again.

/Biting the bait

Rage over what?
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif
#4Aerodrome2Posted 4/18/2011 3:21:30 AM
Link's recovery >>>>> Ganon's or Zelda's.
#5Aerodrome2Posted 4/18/2011 6:39:16 AM
Also why is Ilyana so low?

She's avaliable for like, the whole game. xD

I mean, she's not good or anything, but...
#6Fullmetal_MagePosted 4/18/2011 9:14:19 AM

Also why is Ilyana so low?

She's not saving many turns in Part 1 and she won't ever be deployed past that. Not sure if she's getting any credit for bringing turn-saving items to the GMs in this list though.
#7Ando_San_JapanPosted 4/18/2011 11:07:25 AM
Edward is way, way, way too high.

Of course he is saving turns in 1-P and 1-1, but he is forced there. Only a fool wouldn't use him. And by chapter 1-2, he can't even double and deals between 3 and 5 damage. Sothe is far, far more useful than he is.

smashfanatic, your tier list is flawed.

*bows*
#8Number1YoshiFanPosted 4/18/2011 11:12:37 AM

- All turn counts are weighted equally. 1 turn in X map is the same as 1 turn in Y map.

Edward saves a ton of turns in 1-P. That is the reason why he's so high.
---
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" - Ferris Bueller
#9NeoElfboyPosted 4/18/2011 11:12:45 AM
Aside from Aran being bottom the list seems accurate enough given its stated criteria. Not that I think the criteria are especially useful for what I look for in good characters, but that's moot.

Does BK really save more turns than Haar? I'm pretty skeptical. I'd be shocked if he saves you more than 6-8, I'd imagine what Haar does over the sum total of a whole bunch of GM maps adds up to more than this but it's possible I'm exaggerating his turn-savingness.
---
The RPG Duelling League: www.rpgdl.com
An unparalleled source for RPG information and discussion
#10Number1YoshiFanPosted 4/18/2011 11:14:32 AM
See how long it takes you to do 1-9 with just Micaiah. Then throw in his 1-E and 3-6 contributions.
---
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" - Ferris Bueller