A 15 Year Post-RD Fanfiction

#1HMS_mikestrikePosted 2/22/2012 10:37:06 AM
I got some inspiration from the "Would you like if they made another fire emblem with Ike" topic. For those that didn't read my comments on the topic, I'm thinking about writing a story that takes place 15 years after RD, and begins with Ike's journey outside of Tellius.

The story would begin far from Tellius on an archipelago where Ike's group encounter voyagers from other continents. These voyagers are not peaceful, but are treasure seeking conquerors, much like the conqistadors, and Ike's company fights them off only to discover larger expeditions heading towards Tellius, with small scouting groups having already visited the continent.

Anticipating an invasion of Tellius, Ike's company has to race back to the continent to warn the nations against the voyagers. There is conflict in Tellius over what must be done. Some are skeptical of the dangers, and see opportunity to bring new wealth to their nations. Others believe that Tellius must be protected and kept in isolation from outside forces.

Tell me what you think of this story. If enough people are interested, I might want to start writing and posting chapters up on the board. I'm also looking for help on character development, and maybe plot ideas. I'm thinking I want Ike to be less of a protagonist, and more of a mentor to a new character, who would serve as the protagonist.
---
"...that is until Lyn opens her legs and unleashes the Kraken from the briney depths to impregnate him."- MutsumiiyNaru
#2thromnambulonPosted 2/22/2012 11:10:17 AM
sounds sweet i would read it and about ike being a mentor i love that idea cuz remember hes the only "greil" style swordsman left and he needs to pass it on nvm i guess mia knows it
#3HMS_mikestrike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2012 11:34:02 AM
Also, character pairings. Which ones do you consider canon enough? I don't like the idea of Ike never marrying, and IkexMia seems better in the realm of possibility than IkexElincia.
And while MistxBoyd is their only pairing, I never cared much for it. What other pairings were possible in the game?

And what about the rest of the cast without supports? What couplings does everyone like? I don't plan to include everyone(Meg), but I'd like to include almost everyone, if only through the children they'll have.
---
"...that is until Lyn opens her legs and unleashes the Kraken from the briney depths to impregnate him."- MutsumiiyNaru
#4HMS_mikestrike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2012 11:48:41 AM
Ooh, and some quick character ideas I got. Instead of one lord, I'm thinking two lords. Ike could have two apprentices, one that learns swords, and one that learns axes. I like the idea of Ike having a daughter that learns swords from Ike and Mia, and magic from Soren(a nod to Mist's sword and staves skills), and the other would be an unrelated boy, either a stray they picked up, or the son of another character, that Ike would teach axes to(it will be like having Hector back)
Another issue that I want to address is Amy. I want to explain the issue of her not turning to stone when even Largo did. I could play it off as innocence, but I think I want to make Amy into something important. I just don't know what yet.
---
#5HMS_mikestrike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2012 11:56:31 AM
What if that axe lord were also a laguz? Laguz don't traditionally learn weapon skills, but with the changes in Tellius, it's conceivable that cultural crossovers could take place. Then he could learn laguz fighting skills from Ranulf. A laguz that wields axes. Does that not sound badass?

But what kind of laguz? I'm thinking a tiger. Maybe Kyza and Lyre have a son, and his "uncle" Ranulf takes him on a journey with Ike's company.
---
#6bottlegnomesPosted 2/22/2012 12:30:36 PM
(spoilers)

Amy's branded. That's why she didn't turn to stone.

(end spoilers)

Anyway. Could be good. Could be terrible. I may sound like a dick, but I'm not particularly optimistic. No offense, just the nature of fan fiction.

To actually contribute, Zihark x Lyre would be nice. I don't really like Ike x Mia, never been a fan of Mia. Just go with what seems most natural to you. Don't try and force things. That's the worst thing you can do when writing. Just have an idea and go with it and let it grow.

If you want someone to read over it, I'd be willing to.
---
"You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there is that it hasn't contacted us."
- Calvin
#7zeloswilder_fanPosted 2/22/2012 9:09:40 PM
I'd certainly be interested in reading such a fanfic. That said, here's my two cents:
-While I personally like the MiaIke pairing, it's more so because I like Mia as a character. Marcia and Ike probably make more sense together, although overall neither game shows much romantic interest on Ike's part. Nonetheless, any pairing works if you develop it.
-If you want to be consistent with each character's ending in RD, you would have to take into account the fact that Mia becomes a vagabond of sorts and only occasionally hangs out at the Greil Mercenaries' HQ. If she and Ike were to get together, Ike would have to have come back to Tellius at least once to meet her.
-I don't know if you've ever played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Revelations; I like the way Ezio trains apprentices in those games. It might be cool for Ike to do something similar here, sort of like how Greil probably built up the first Greil Mercs in the first place, and is also consistent with Ike's way of incorporating anyone who's willing to fight for his cause. There's no reason to limit the majority of your characters to people whom Ike is already affiliated with.
I'm a real sucker for stories so I shall anticipate this eagerly.
---
Causing mischief to famous YouTubers and eventually taking over the world.
#8CommanderShinonPosted 2/22/2012 9:45:56 PM
Surely you're not going to leave ME out of this one, are you?
#9HMS_mikestrike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2012 12:18:28 AM
I'm definitely going to do something with Amy now. That is interesting.

I'm liking the angle of IkexMia. It works well for my idea for lords. I want them to have a daughter that would wield sword like a combination of myrmidons and mercenaries. Like a more masculine swordmaster.

I never played PoR, so I don't remember any connection between Marcia and Ike. Elaborate?

I also haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed games. I'm interested to hear what that is about. But my plan is to either have the GMs disbanded, or now functioning independent of Ike.

Which brings me to Shinon. If anyone were to take command of the Greil Mercenaries, I see it being Shinon. Or Titania, but I'm also interested in pairing the two. If I do that, though, the relationship would have to end. Shinon is responsible, but not so good with relationships. I could see him ditching, but providing "child support". Shinon would be an awkward father figure, which is an element I want to introduce.
---
#10HMS_mikestrike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2012 12:30:34 AM
I also need research sources. Serene's Forest is surprisingly lacking. I need a detailed map of Tellius, marking all the major locations visited throughout the two games. Mainly the cities where the main characters are residing at the end. I also need a list of the character endings from both games for reference.
---