Training Laguz

#1VassleEtnaPosted 2/28/2012 10:37:59 PM
Laguz seem to have Glacial xp growths when transformed. Do I just deal with it or just use bonus exp and untransformed combat exp? Also would it be better to combat level or bonus level non-heron laguz with no capped stats? If combat than how many stats should cap before I do? Also I think Bexp levels are needed for the Herons due to low growths.
#2Is_CorruptedPosted 2/28/2012 10:56:23 PM
Herons don't need leveling. They stay safe and allow someone else to move again, so they don't need any stat except a tiny bit of durability for the final boss.

Laguz caps are incredibly low so I always go with Bexp when I feel they need more power.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#3SnarfAndSophiePosted 2/29/2012 12:16:36 AM

Laguz caps are incredibly low

Except not
---
GT: SnarfBoyWonder
Pokemon Black FC: 2064 8782 2340
#4Is_CorruptedPosted 2/29/2012 1:00:07 AM
SnarfAndSophie posted...
Laguz caps are incredibly low
Except not

Vika's only caps being higher than 20 are HP, speed and luck. Untransformed, their caps are pretty damn low, making it easy to cap many via Bexp because of the minimum 3 stat-ups per level.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#5AnoulethPosted 2/29/2012 4:31:21 AM
VassleEtna posted...
Laguz seem to have Glacial xp growths when transformed. Do I just deal with it or just use bonus exp and untransformed combat exp? Also would it be better to combat level or bonus level non-heron laguz with no capped stats? If combat than how many stats should cap before I do? Also I think Bexp levels are needed for the Herons due to low growths.

Herons don't need stats or levels.
---
Devil: DEBATING VIDEO GAMES IS NOT AN ISSUE THAT ADMITS SHADES OF GREY THINGS ARE EITHER TOTALLY AWESOME OR INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE
#6aku chiPosted 2/29/2012 7:03:00 AM
Most laguz are poor Bexp candidates, because they tend to have their highest growths in less important stats, mostly HP and Lck (but occasionally Res, Mag, and Skl). Bexp level-ups disproportionately favor higher growth stats, so they generally gain less from Bexp level-ups. There are some exceptions. Volug, Lethe, and Lyre have a good chance of gaining Spd from a Bexp level-up. It may be worthwhile to give them 1 or 2 Bexp level-ups to ensure that they can double most foes. Volug only needs this at the end of Part 1 and Lethe & Lyre generally aren't worth training, though. Naesala is a great Bexp candidate, because he has a very good chance of getting Str (what he chiefly needs). Giffca is also a good Bexp candidate to get to 20->40 Spd (and gain some Str in the process). Tibarn and Caineghis also might gain Str with Bexp level-ups, but the chance is lower and they need the Str less.

For laguz that aren't hopelessly overleved, Paragon is an option. Volug can gain good Cexp in 3-6 and 3-13 (And Part 4), so he's a decent Paragon candidate. Of course, your beorc gain even more Cexp, so they're generally better Paragon candidates (especially Jill in 3-6). Mordecai can make some use of Paragon in Part 3, but he's effectively capped at level 22 in HM during Part 3. Skrimir makes a great Paragon candidate in Part 4 if you want to bring him to endgame (give him a Speedwings!). Naesala is also a decent Paragon candidate.

Another option for training laguz is the following technique sometimes called Blossom slowplay. Bexp your desired laguz to level X.99. Give them the skill Blossom. Deploy them in a chapter. They will level up with enhanced growths. Repeat as desired. Ranulf, Janaff, Ulki, and Kyza are good candidates for Blossom slowplay. The first three also really want to get to level 30 for their mastery skill.
#7rhys855Posted 2/29/2012 9:40:34 AM
Is_Corrupted posted...

Laguz caps are incredibly low .

What......?
---
KITTY CAT--> /\_/\
.....................=(^_^)=
#8rhys855Posted 2/29/2012 9:55:30 AM(edited)
If you want your laguz high this is what i do.

Since Laguz are stronger than Beroc they gain ALOT less exp so give them every boss kill possiable.

Bexp is great way to level them Award them to 99 and if your worried they might get a dud for a level up give them blossom since they gain so little exp already anyways.

Giving Laguz the HP robe isn't a bad idea so when you give them a Bexp level up they will level up other things besides health.

IMO Best Laguz to use Non Royals..... Ranulf, Volug, and Janaff are best leveled and easiest to raise and have mid growths.
---
KITTY CAT--> /\_/\
#9Is_CorruptedPosted 2/29/2012 12:36:40 PM
rhys855 posted...
Is_Corrupted posted...

What......?

Most of them happen to have stat caps lower than 20. If you really feel the need to nitpick my post, at least choose the stuff I got wrong.
---
#10rhys855Posted 2/29/2012 1:12:08 PM
Is_Corrupted posted...
rhys855 posted...
Is_Corrupted posted...

What......?

Most of them happen to have stat caps lower than 20. If you really feel the need to nitpick my post, at least choose the stuff I got wrong.

OK true most of them do have less than 20 on a stat UNSHIFTED.

Name some beroc classes that get 40 on more than one stat and 35 on two more.

Cats get 40 speed and skill and 36 str and 32 def. While a swordmaster gets 32 str equal speed and skill and 10 less hp and umm 26 def i think..... not sure?

Volug gets 40 str like a warroir 30 def like a warroir 36spd more than a warroir. Then 46 skill.

As you can see they are equal or better with there beroc counterparts. Then have a stat that is far higher than the others.

And these arn't even the royals.
---
KITTY CAT--> /\_/\