Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn team draft league

#31HMS_mikestrike(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 9:03:25 PM
Since we have 5 players now, we each draft 15 characters(the max that you can keep)
Let it be known, we won't necessarily mark you down for choosing a laguz royal early in the draft, but the first person to break and grab a laguz royal will forever be frowned upon. We will call you dirty names for wussing out and calling dibs on your favorite overpowered unit.
---
"...that is until Lyn opens her legs and unleashes the Kraken from the briney depths to impregnate him."- MutsumiiyNaru
#32WilhuffTarkinPosted 3/24/2012 9:48:48 AM
Hmm...I guess I'll take Haar.

I should mention, though, that I'm not going to be able to participate if the purpose of this has changed to "do a playthrough with these characters," as I am currently several states away from my Wii and my copy of Radiant Dawn.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#33CTMF_Sparky13Posted 3/24/2012 12:48:22 PM
NoTruthNoProb posted...
Hmm, first I am sorry to say I am not particularly interested in this idea since I don't really understand it's purpose but can I offer a small suggestion? Without certain units (Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, potentially Geoffrey) completing ANY draft would be almost impossible so maybe you should try using the Serenes Forest FE10 generic draft rules and just drop the number of 'agents' down to 9 instead of 10. This way there will always be at least ONE character that everyone can use during any of the maps.

For reference this is the kind of stuff they usually use for FE10 drafts:
Drafting:
1. This draft is for 7 players.
2. Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight, and Lehran are free for all to use.
3. The drafting order is reversed for the last round of picks.
4. Haar is banned from drafting.
5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape/Arrive, and transfer items/skills between teams.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, finding hidden items, and giving Blood Tide/Night Tide/White Pool bonuses.
3. Allied and Other units may do as they please without penalty.
4. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (1-6 counts as 2 chapters, and 4-E counts as 5 chapters).

Exceptions:
1. One of Edward or Nolan is free for each of 1-P, 1-1 and 1-2.
2. Volug is free for 1-5.
3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P
4. Nephenee and Brom are free for 2-1.
5. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.
6. One undrafted, 7 move unit is free for 3-1.
7. One undrafted, 6 move unit is free for 3-3.

Teams:
(names go here)

Problem??
---
Charlie Sheen for President, 2012.
Someone's gotta set America right, and no one else can do it like this guy. "Winning, DUH!"
#34rhys855Posted 3/24/2012 1:18:27 PM
I pick Ranulf I have a good idea who my bro will pick anyways :p
---
KITTY CAT--> /\_/\
.....................=(^_^)=
#35HMS_mikestrike(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2012 1:24:10 PM
1.WillhuffTarkin -Haar
2. King_Janaff
3. Rhys855 - Ranulf(pending)
4. Funkdelike
5. HMS_mikestrike.
please copy and paste this list with each draft to keep organized
---
"...that is until Lyn opens her legs and unleashes the Kraken from the briney depths to impregnate him."- MutsumiiyNaru
#36funkedelikePosted 3/24/2012 10:42:20 PM
HMS_mikestrike posted...
1.WillhuffTarkin -Haar
2. King_Janaff
4. Funkdelike
5. HMS_mikestrike.

So Haar is not banned?
---
"Shaco isnt a champ, hes a summoner spell to make your ap mid 3/0 at 10 mins"
PSN: boozinator23
#37HMS_mikestrike(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 7:57:10 AM
Because honestly, who cares? It's not necessarily a gamebreaker. We're allowing for laguz royals, we'll just apply the same rules to Haar. No real deductions, but we give WillhuffTarkin dirty looks of disapproval for taking Haar as a first choice. Come on, lets all shake our heads and spit in Willhuff's direction *glares at Willhuff*.
---
#38rhys855Posted 3/25/2012 8:31:00 AM
So exactly how are we comparing the charecters max stats, averages, or usefullness.

Beucase of course Harr is more usefull than Ranulf but, Ranulf Vs. Harr 1 vs. 1 Ranulf would win.

But we are giving Willhuff glares for choosing Harr first. But none to me for choosing Ranulf. Who stat wise is better than harr in most ways.
---
KITTY CAT--> /\_/\
#39rhys855Posted 3/25/2012 8:32:13 AM
2. King_Janaff
4. Funkdelike
5. HMS_mikestrike.
---
KITTY CAT--> /\_/\
#40funkedelikePosted 3/25/2012 10:50:07 AM
HMS_mikestrike posted...
Because honestly, who cares? It's not necessarily a gamebreaker. We're allowing for laguz royals, we'll just apply the same rules to Haar. No real deductions, but we give WillhuffTarkin dirty looks of disapproval for taking Haar as a first choice. Come on, lets all shake our heads and spit in Willhuff's direction *glares at Willhuff*.

Ok but at least let us use the exceptions? Like how you in 2-P, 2-1 etc
---
"Shaco isnt a champ, hes a summoner spell to make your ap mid 3/0 at 10 mins"
PSN: boozinator23