Finally got perfect score, and just wanted to leave a comment...

#1F_stylePosted 11/3/2011 11:26:12 PM
First, this was one of the ridiculously hardest platform games I ever played, if not the hardest of all, maybe even a bit more than original Yoshi's Island. Although it remembered me how the old school gaming used to be, this felt at times like an insane parody of those times.

Just to make clear, I'm talking about beating the game with perfect score overall. Maybe just beating it would be hard but no that much.

So I finally got those 5,000 overall, and what for? Nothing, gentleman... At least original Yoshi's Island had an extra cinematic telling you how many times you died throughout the whole game. Yoshi's Island DS, not even that... I felt kind of disappointed...

But if I make an effort to put aside this "gameplay" stuff, it was still a good game. Cheery art style, it brought me some memories form the past times and seeing the Nintendo characters as babies also brought me a little bit of melancholy. Having more baby characters rather than only Mario and Luigi was quite very interesting (but also made things more complicated), but I still feel like I miss more the original Yoshi's Island, one of the reasons being I liked its soundtrack more than this DS title.

It seems the board here has become very idle, but I just wanted to leave a comment in case someone would like to see a point of view regarding the perfect score. Maybe I would have enjoyed more this game hadn't I cared about perfect score. Heck, if I had known there would be nothing for getting it...