Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles FAQ (v1.0) (please READ) (keep bumped)

#1sknmakPosted 10/10/2007 8:50:10 PMmessage detail
PLEASE DON'T POST UNTIL YOU SEE MY SIGNATURE

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles FAQ

I've noticed that newcomers and people who just don't keep up with the game, have a lot of questions about the game. Most of the questions are repeated weekly throughout the board, so I decided to make a FAQ for this board. (also this post does not count as the 1st post about the FAQ) If you have more questions just ask in this topic please.

1st Post
--Is RE: Umbrella Chronicles on-rails or third person?
--Will The Umbrella Chronicles include RE: 2 and RE: Code veronica?
--Does this game support 2 players or only 1 player?
--How will checkpoints work?
--When RE:UC is release, will it come bundled with the Zapper?

2nd post
--Will RE:UC have minigames, like in RE:4?
--Will RE:UC have a pre-order bonus from Gamestop/EB games?
--Does all the weapons have infinite ammo?
--Will there be Crimson Heads in RE:UC
--How long will the game be?

3rd post
--Will the Lickers be in RE:UC?
--Is RE:UC compatible with the Zapper?
--When will the game be released?
--How will the controls work in the game?
--How will players obtain new weapons in the game?

4th post
--What about weapon upgrades. Can weapons be upgraded in RE:UC?
--How will co-op work as far as gameplay wise?
--How will the game span through all of the main storylines?
--Will RE:5 come to Wii if this game sells well?
--Will RE:5 come to Wii if this game sells well?
--Will RE:UC support online play?
--Who is the new character that's appearing in this game?
#2sknmak(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2007 8:53:29 PMmessage detail
1.Is RE: Umbrella Chronicles on-rails or third person?

RE: UC is a on-rails shooter just the House of the Dead series.

2.Will The Umbrella Chronicles include RE: 2 and RE: Code veronica?

No, it only covers the important events of RE:0, 1 and 3 storylines. There's also a new scenario called Umbrella's Stronghold. There could be unlockables that will include scenario's from these games, but we'll have to wait and see.

3.Does this game support 2 players or only 1 player?

RE:UC will support 2 player co-op.

4. How will checkpoints work?

No one knows yet, but judging by the latest 10 minute video, checkpoints will be obtained at certain areas in the scenarios / levels.

5. When RE:UC is release, will it come bundled with the Zapper?

No. The RE:UC Zapper bundle has only been confirmed for Japan. Capcom, nor Nintendo has said anything about a bundle in NA.
#3sknmak(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2007 8:55:37 PMmessage detail
6. Will RE:UC have minigames, like in RE:4?

So far No. That would be cool, but nothing has been confirmed about minigames yet.

7. Will RE:UC have a pre-order bonus from Gamestop/EB games?

No. There hasn't been any kind of pre-order bonus/special.

8. Does all the weapons have infinite ammo?

No. So far, only the handgun has infinite ammo. Other weapons requires bullets.

9. Will there be Crimson Heads in RE:UC

Yes.

10.How long will the game be?

No one knows for sure. Capcom has stated around 20 hours, while IGN states 8 hours. I guess you can say it depends on the person playing the game. If you die a lot of course it'll take longer to complete, vice versa. Capcom has stated that there will be plenty of unlockables, so we could get extra scenario's.
#4sknmak(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2007 8:59:20 PMmessage detail
11. Will the Lickers be in RE:UC?

Yes. Users here on gamefaqs have stated that they aren't the lickers from RE: 2 (-_-), they are the lickers from RE: outbreak.

12. Is RE:UC compatible with the Zapper?

Yes, it has been confirmed for a while now.

13. When will the game be released?

November 13, 2007 (US)

14. How will the controls work in the game?

First of all, this is a on-rails shooter and this is all I know about the controls for the game.

-The Analog stick will be used to look around, but not move the character.
-The Down button on the D-pad, switches between your available weapons.
-There will be actions when you wll shake the wii-mote (or press specific buttons), in order to shake a zombie off you, or use special self defense items to protect yourself, etc.
-Judging by the videos, you will shake or flick the Wii-mote (or Zapper), to reload your weapons.

15. How will players obtain new weapons in the game?

Apparently, if you see a weapon on-screen, you would place your reticule over the item/weapons and press the A button.
#5sknmak(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2007 9:02:28 PMmessage detail
16. What about weapon upgrades. Can weapons be upgraded in RE:UC?

Yes. Weapon upgrades will me handled the sameway, just like in RE:4. Kill zombies / enemies, get points, and upgrade your weapons using those points you've erned. Hopefully, we will be able to upgrade reloading speed as well.

17. How will co-op work as far as gameplay wise?

Well, both characters appears to have their own set of weapons, and apparently characters will share the same life bar.

18. How will the game span through all of the main storylines?

Each Resident Evil game is broken up into chapters. After every chapter you will be graded from your performance. Hopefully we can obtain points for making good grades, but getting points after levels has not been confirmed.

19. Will RE:5 come to Wii if this game sells well?

I don't know, no one knows. Most likely not. That decision is entirely up to Capcom.

20. Will RE:UC support online play?

No, but Kawata did say that online play was a intresting concept and that he would like to explore this feature with this title (RE:UC) and future releases as well. BUT don't get too happy, because Capcom PR team has stated that it is not a currently planned feature for the game and is just one of the ideas the producer would like to pursue.

21. Who is the new character that's appearing in this game?

The new character to the storyline is Sergei Vladimir. He's the leader of Umbrella and is somehow connected to the UCBS. Apparently, he doesn't like Wesker.

---
All Villains is Lemons
I know it's Every Villains is Lemons ..... sue me?:p
#6WildodeelfPosted 10/10/2007 9:35:22 PMmessage detail
I've got a bone to pick with the "Lickers from Outbreak" statement. Simply saying that Outbreak has the Lickers most up to date rendition of the Lickers, doesn't mean they're ripped right from Outbreak. Also, it may erroneously give the impression that Lickers in the Umbrella Chronicles somehow indicate that they encompasses the events of the Outbreak Games.

Also for #20. Kawata said he was interested in several kinds of online components, including, but not limited to multiplayer.

However after my personal nitpick and the slight expansion on #20, I have to say that that you did some good work on the rest of it.

---
1337 Zombie survivor: 12 days 13 hours and 37 minutes. 70th on Earth.
#7biggboyy12Posted 10/10/2007 9:44:17 PMmessage detail
wow..... very very nice. good job
thank you

---
I like rusty spoons. hehe.. i-i like to touch them...
#8sknmak(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2007 9:58:39 PMmessage detail
^Thanks

Wildodeelf, sorry if I didn;t clear that "online" stuff up and as clearly. I was just sticking to the basics.

If anyone feels that this topic should be stickied, just keep it bumped and/or click "Message Detail underneth my user name (my very first post), and click the request button to get this topic stickied. So the board won't stay flooded with Queations.
---
All Villains is Lemons
#9sknmak(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2007 2:47:02 PMmessage detail
bump
---
All Villains is Lemons
#10SuperFlipPosted 10/12/2007 4:38:03 PMmessage detail
This is a pretty crappy FAQ, because you didnt include anything like characters, links to movies or anything, but at least it should keep away the RE2/RECV questions
---
Playing : World of Warcraft, Sonic Heroes
See quote for Friends Codes